• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Oct-Nov Season |OT| They can't hide the championship banners Forever

BZPCDyECMAE4JCG.jpg

tank so hard they don't even know what we look like

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I have no idea how a crippled Brooklyn team with a 3-6 record is a 2 point favorite over a Portland team with an 8-2 record, even in Brooklyn. I know the Clippers nearly got upset by them, but the Clippers also lost to the Lakers and the Magic.
The same reason why ESPN couldn't be assed to even post an article on their NBA page to let people know that Portland has won any of their last 6 games.

otapnam

What you said had absolutely nothing to do with what I posted so I don't know why you quoted me. The league could have 10 teams with college graduates only and you can still have imbalance if half the league is being managed poorly.

You rant also makes no sense when it comes to Western Conference being superior for more than a decade now despite the lottery system favors the weaker teams. Talent level is relative and if you replace the whole league with high school kids it would still be like this with the same managements.

yeah ill admit its from left base referring to your original quote. But its true that everyones dreaming about the lottery full of kids that arent ready for anything

EDIT: just think of it as a random rant

Yea I'm doubtful.

But... but...

LaMarcus: 12.2RPG last 5 games. Could this be the year?! COULD IT?!

His season TRB% is the same as last year.

The NBA's pace this season is blistering which is inflating basic stats across the board for everyone (except Barg's rebounding LOL).

It's weird how the NBA just decided to play a lot faster this season. It wasn't like there was a rule change or anything, so I'm not sure what precipitated it.

giri

yeah ill admit its from left base referring to your original quote. But its true that everyones dreaming about the lottery full of kids that arent ready for anything

EDIT: just think of it as a random rant

Except you really need 2 or 3 drafts to build your player base. And that gives your reall high pick enough time to learn how to play, and get minutes / development on the court.

The NBA's pace this season is blistering which is inflating basic stats across the board for everyone (except Barg's rebounding LOL).

It's weird how the NBA just decided to play a lot faster this season. It wasn't like there was a rule change or anything, so I'm not sure what precipitated it.

Desire for easy baskets. Lots of teams like the suns that are lacking in overall talent have been trying to get a lot of easy baskets in transition.

It'll slow down when people adjust again and injuries catch up with people.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes

There was a rule change... The whole point of delay-of-game rule now is to speed up the game and encourage fastbreaks after a made basket.

giri

There was a rule change... The whole point of delay-of-game rule now is to speed up the game and encourage fastbreaks after a made basket.

I know a lot of other people have bitched about this rule being enforced. But really, i think it's a positive move. You had teams previously purposefully always throwing it to a ref to delay the other team. Always seemed obvious in its intent.

otapnam

Except you really need 2 or 3 drafts to build your player base. And that gives your reall high pick enough time to learn how to play, and get minutes / development on the court.

Definitely.

It just sucks that everyone's ready to get paid so they leave school before really learning anything or really get tested. There's a lot of obvious players in the last few years that came out freshman or sophomore years that could've used more development. Sometimes they are already a lost cause because of the way they've been raised and have not learned the kind of professionalism it takes to truly succeed in the NBA. But they're the ones teams end up picking because of their high draft status. Sucks seeing teams especially if their YOUR TEAM pick these guys up. Total crap shoot sometimes

Pimpwerx

I havent seen any cavs basketball outside of highlights in the game reviews, but is Bennett really that bad? Is he looking worse than Rivers looked last year?

His shot chart:

tNB2Fht.png

I think even Rivers is embarrassed by his performance. He's looking like the worst #1 pick of all time. PEACE.

And people scoffed when I said he needed to be sent to the D-League. Bennett isn't even in the rotation anymore, Brown has been using more 3 guard sets so Matthew Dellavedova and Sergey Karasev have been getting his minutes. If this continues we might as well send him to Canton for a month or so to beat up on some shitty competition and get in shape.

Anthony Bennett's disaster of a season continues while the Cavs appear to be in complete disarray. Yeah...Lebron's totally leaving Miami for that dumpster fire. LOL! Apparently Waiters is AWOL while the rest of the team is hating on Kyrie. SMH. Gilbert's curse was simply him owning a professional team. PEACE.

Irving is the best player on that team by a longshot. Don't be surprised if there's a fire sale soon. Their drafting has been total shit the past several years outside of Irving.

Also, you can blame a lot of Cleveland's woes on Mike Brown. Ball stopping offense and he can't develop young players. So even if Bennett had a chance that chance is gone because of Brown.

Pimpwerx

Irving is the best player on that team by a longshot. Don't be surprised if there's a fire sale soon. Their drafting has been total shit the past several years outside of Irving.

Who is that team's GM? Is it Gilbert? The GM clearly has to shoulder a large chunk of the blame, because the team has had the best run of luck in the draft of any team since the early-90s Magic, and they've only managed to land Kyrie as a winner. I have no idea how the team can be this bad still. PEACE.

Who is that team's GM? Is it Gilbert? The GM clearly has to shoulder a large chunk of the blame, because the team has had the best run of luck in the draft of any team since the early-90s Magic, and they've only managed to land Kyrie as a winner. I have no idea how the team can be this bad still. PEACE.

Coaching plays a large part. Mike Brown is awful. He's the reason why the Lakers are stuck with Pringles and he played a large role in Lebron leaving. But yet they hired him back again.

Also, you can blame a lot of Cleveland's woes on Mike Brown. Ball stopping offense and he can't develop young players. So even if Bennett had a chance that chance is gone because of Brown.

Where is your evidence that Mike Brown can't develop young players?

Brown's first stint with the Cavs was from 2005-2010, lets look at who the inept front office drafted during that period:

2005 - No picks
2006 - Shannon Brown, Daniel Gibson, Ejike Ugboaja
2007 - No picks
2008 - JJ Hickson
2009 - Christian Eyenga, Danny Green
2010 - No picks

Outside of Shannon Brown, JJ Hickson and Danny Green; all of these dudes are out of the league. Don't blame Mike Brown for the lack of young talent during the LeBron James era because he wasn't the one making these decisions. It's kind of hard to develop young talent when you have NONE in the first place.

Yes, Mike Brown has terrible offensive scheming that basically boils down to two wings in the corner while the bigs set high screens for the ball handler at the top of the arc. Yes, Mike Brown has questionable rotations. Yes, Mike Brown has a funny shaped head.

But saying that Anthony Bennett is a bust in November of his first season because of Mike Brown is stupidity. Anthony Bennett is a bust (and I really don't like using that term this early) because he hurt his shoulder, didn't play summer league ball, showed up to training camp overweight, and has to share the floor with a ball dominant guard in Jack. Yes, the game looks like it's too fast for him right now and he's playing like a gangly teenager who grew 4 inches over the summer and hasn't learned how to use his body, but I think he'll be alright.

Picking him #1 overall was stupid though.

Chris Grant. He needs to be fired, we could've had Harrison Barnes, Jonas Valciunas and Victor Oladipo/Ben McLemore.

Christ.

You cannot send a #1 overall pick to the d-league.

image.php

tNB2Fht.png

k-bigpic.jpg

Brown's first stint with the Cavs was from 2005-2010, lets look at who the inept front office drafted during that period:

2005 - No picks
2007 - No picks
2008 - JJ Hickson
2010 - No picks

Outside of Shannon Brown, JJ Hickson and Danny Green; all of these dudes are out of the league. Don't blame Mike Brown for the lack of young talent during the LeBron James era because he wasn't the one making these decisions. It's kind of hard to develop young talent when you have NONE in the first place.

Yes, Mike Brown has terrible offensive scheming that basically boils down to two wings in the corner while the bigs set high screens for the ball handler at the top of the arc. Yes, Mike Brown has questionable rotations. Yes, Mike Brown has a funny shaped head.

But saying that Anthony Bennett is a bust in November of his first season because of Mike Brown is stupidity. Anthony Bennett is a bust (and I really don't like using that term this early) because he hurt his shoulder, didn't play summer league ball, showed up to training camp overweight, and has to share the floor with a ball dominant guard in Jack. Yes, the game looks like it's too fast for him right now and he's playing like a gangly teenager who grew 4 inches over the summer and hasn't learned how to use his body, but I think he'll be alright.

Chris Grant. He needs to be fired, we could've had Harrison Barnes, Jonas Valciunas and Victor Oladipo/Ben McLemore.

Christ.

image.php

tNB2Fht.png

k-bigpic.jpg

Those 3 guys who did stick in the NBA definitely wouldn't credit Brown for it. They all 'got it' somewhere else.

Those 3 guys who did stick in the NBA definitely wouldn't credit Brown for it. They all 'got it' somewhere else.

Danny Green was terrible his first few years in the NBA. Brown kept him on the roster, San Antonio was the team who waived him multiple times and sent him to the D-League. Obviously he got better but blaming Brown for not developing a terrible player in the one year he spent with him into his current role player status is dumb.

JJ Hickson only had two years under Brown, not everyone comes into the league and develops into a superstar right away, especially on a contending team. He hasn't really improved since his 3rd year and is nothing more than a role player.

Shannon Brown bounced around 5 NBA teams in 7 years and has been sent to the D-League on 3 separate occasions by different organizations.

Your argument doesn't make sense.

Truth.

You just can't.

The embarassment to the organisation would be too huge. Admission of failure.

"Lol lets keep this dude on the bench and not send him to Canton because we reached and took him first overall in an awful draft. Yeah he looks like he doesn't belong in the NBA, has confidence issues, and is out of shape but we can't possibly deal with the embarrassment, this is Cleveland afterall!"

2005 - No picks
2007 - No picks
2008 - JJ Hickson
2010 - No picks

Christ.

image.php

tNB2Fht.png

k-bigpic.jpg

Danny Green and Hickson are solid NBA players that barely got time when they played for Cleveland. It's no surprise that their careers have skyrocketed after leaving that organization and getting new coaches. Brown is also a completely incompetent offensive coach. This is not anything new.

giri

"Lol lets keep this dude on the bench and not send him to Canton because we reached and took him first overall in an awful draft. Yeah he looks like he doesn't belong in the NBA, has confidence issues, and is out of shape but we can't possibly deal with the embarrassment, this is Cleveland afterall!"

You send your #1 pick to the D-League and you admit you drafted a bust.

You might get away with it with a 7 footer. Or if they were coming back from serious injury to gain fitness.

But thats it. Otherwise you just punked your own player.

But hey, we know he's a bust.

Going to the D-League did wonders for Hasheem Thabeet's confidence.

Boozer looking like shit early in this one. Got stuffed twice by McRobertd and just fell asleep during transition. Let's see if the other Bulls can cover for him.

Danny Green and Hickson are solid NBA players that barely got time when they played for Cleveland. It's no surprise that their careers have skyrocketed after leaving that organization and getting new coaches. Brown is also a completely incompetent offensive coach. This is not anything new.

Have you ever wondered why Danny Green barely played his rookie year? It's because he was a bad player, when San Antonio picked him up a year later they sent his ass to the D-League. But lets ignore facts and blame it all on Mike Brown/Cleveland

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=90429311&postcount=13941

JJ Hickson had his most productive season his 3rd year with the Cavs, he hasn't really improved since then. He's gone from a role player on a good Cavs team to a starter on a bad Cavs team to a starter on a bad Blazers team to a role player on a mediocre Denver team.

Try again.

Going to the D-League did wonders for Hasheem Thabeet's confidence.

Yeah because clearly I'm saying every player that goes to the D-League gets a confidence boost and comes back to dominate the NBA. Glad that's what you took out of my lengthy post.

Top Bottom