• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Oct-Nov Season |OT| They can't hide the championship banners Forever

Emwitus

Really.

There's a lot of hustle forwards in this league.
Check his stats and mind you his performed well ever since he got to the Lakers. This is the first time his being inserted into the starting lineup.
Rebounding is a skill by the way

Worst lineup in NBA that has played 50 minutes is Jennings, Billups, Josh Smith, Greg Monroe and Andre Drummond NetRtg -37.9 in 56 minutes

It's been nine games so they would be better with more time to gel, but this lineup makes no sense theoretically either so I'm guessing Monroe gets traded for a wing player soon.

giri

Scola was just traded for a protected first rounder and junk, and Jordan Hill is younger than when Scola joined the league.
Scola can carry an offense for bursts and create his own shot.

If the Warriors had a pick, I'd say they'd be glad to trade it for Hill. He would be an excellent PF off the bench. A hell better than Speights, thats for damn sure.

Speights is fine. He's had a bad start, but he's a good backup.

exarkun

Scola was just traded for a protected first rounder and junk, and Jordan Hill is younger than when Scola joined the league.

Scola actually has post skills, and hustles. Jordan Hill just hustles. And Scola is a proven starter.

I cannot believe people think they can get picks for Jordan Hill.

Pkaz01

Which part of the scola trade was junk?
Plumlee who is averaging 10pts 9 rbds and 2 blocks or gerald green averaging 13 pts off the bench and shooting 40% from 3?

I really like Hill...I'd give him up for a 2nd rounder and just to have the team be little worse while sending him somewhere where he can go deep into the playoffs.

linsivvi

Scola's numbers are extremely comparable to Jordan Hill's.

He's a better passer but Hill is a much better rebounder. The Pacers aren't even starting Scola so that point is irrelevant. To say they are not comparable is simply ridiculous. Numbers don't lie.

Scola has range out to 16ft or so

Hill is much more effective within 10 feet though.

Which part of the scola trade was junk?
Plumlee who is averaging 10pts 9 rbds and 2 blocks or gerald green averaging 13 pts off the bench and shooting 40% from 3?

The part where Gerald Green was considered garbage when they traded him and Plumlee barely played. And Green still is. Don't let a small number of games fool you.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Scola's numbers are extremely comparable to Jordan Hill's.

He's a better passer but Hill is a much better rebounder. The Pacers aren't even starting Scola so that point is irrelevant. To say they are not comparable is simply ridiculous. Numbers don't lie.

Hill is much more effective within 10 feet though.

Career wise they both shoot 50%

And Scola is a known post scorer

This Hill is balling and all that but don't quite think he is that much better than Scola from 10 ft

linsivvi

Career wise they both shoot 50%

And Scola is a known post scorer

This Hill is balling and all that but don't quite think he is that much better than Scola from 10 ft

Hill was .647 at rim and .486 3-10 feet last season. Scola was .608 and .393.

This season, so far, both are having better numbers offensively.

Look, my initial contention wasn't to say which player is better, but that Hill can be traded for a pick and used Scola as a primary example. Hill was traded to the Lakers for Fisher AND a protected 1st. Unless people think his stock has dropped since then there's no reason he can't be exchanged for a protected 1st again.

It makes no sense to say he's not even worth a late 1st when he did 2 years ago.

Blackace

Hill was .647 at rim and .486 3-10 feet last season. Scola was .608 and .393.

This season, so far, both are having better numbers offensively.

Look, my initial contention wasn't to say which player is better, but that Hill can be traded for a pick and used Scola as a primary example. Hill was traded to the Lakers for Fisher AND a protected 1st. Unless people think his stock has dropped since then there's no reason he can't be exchanged for a protected 1st again.

It makes no sense to say he's not even worth a late 1st when he did 2 years ago.

Teams good enough to make the playoffs are tanking. Not to say it's impossible but doesn't seem to be a great market for picks

Pimpwerx

Anthony Bennett's disaster of a season continues while the Cavs appear to be in complete disarray. Yeah...Lebron's totally leaving Miami for that dumpster fire. LOL! Apparently Waiters is AWOL while the rest of the team is hating on Kyrie. SMH. Gilbert's curse was simply him owning a professional team. PEACE.

linsivvi

Teams good enough to make the playoffs are tanking. Not to say it's impossible but doesn't seem to be a great market for picks

Yeah I agree that nobody's gonna trade next year's 1st protected or not, but it could be a pick a couple seasons down the line.

Not that I agree with trading him anyway. He's a decent rotation player and even a rebuilding team needs to have someone like him.

exarkun

Anthony Bennett's disaster of a season continues while the Cavs appear to be in complete disarray. Yeah...Lebron's totally leaving Miami for that dumpster fire. LOL! Apparently Waiters is AWOL while the rest of the team is hating on Kyrie. SMH. Gilbert's curse was simply him owning a professional team. PEACE.

I havent seen any cavs basketball outside of highlights in the game reviews, but is Bennett really that bad? Is he looking worse than Rivers looked last year?

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I just took a look at Bennett's averages for the year. Holy shit....

If im 6 foot 8, im getting more than 3 boards in 12 minutes of play. Take that to the bank. And im damn sure shooting better than 14 percent from the field.

giri

I just took a look at Bennett's averages for the year. Holy shit....

If im 6 foot 8, im getting more than 3 boards in 12 minutes of play. Take that to the bank. And im damn sure shooting better than 14 percent from the field.

Thats 9 per 36. It's not world shattering but ... it's probably average or just under.

I can't believe we may not get that Washington Pick in this draft (top 12 protected).

Fuck you Wizz.

Fucking lol

This is the type of year where you can go up a few spots in the draft just by losing a game or two.

If we don't make the playoffs we'll just tank the last few games in the season to hit that twelve spot =)

Smartest move Ernie has made in ages

Blackace

shump or amare for a pick, not both.

james-dolan.jpg

"Wait, you mean we can get picks, too?"

Wall still dealing with back spasms. Kind of relieved to hear this as his play was great up until the game where he injured his back and he's been a shadow of himself ever since.

He's apparently been lying on the ground ala Nash getting treatment ever since. So yea, glad to hear its just injuries that have hurt him lately.

Now to sit him, start Maynor and ride this train all the way to the corner of Jabari lane and Wiggins blvd.

Top Bottom