• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Oct-Nov Season |OT| They can't hide the championship banners Forever

Cleveland is cursed.

image.php

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Are you going to get plus?

Or is that one epic 2 OT Heat-Blazers game we played that one time going to be it for us forever

It came down to one bad pass!!!

I am going to get plus.. I want games this season

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
The Knicks offense in 2012-13 was fueled by a career season from Carmelo Anthony as he largely played power forward, a huge reliance on three-pointers with a top-notch conversion rate and one of the lowest turnover rates on record. 'Melo was shifted back to small forward to start the season. (He's back at the four now.) The Knicks had four rotation players shoot 40 percent or better on threes last season. One of them, Chris Copeland, left in free agency. Another, Steve Novak, was included in the Andrea Bargnani trade. A third, Pablo Prigioni, is averaging fewer than three field goal attempts per game this season. The fourth, Iman Shumpert, is basically being sold at auction as we speak. As for turnovers, that's still working.

Meanwhile, the defense -- already pretty bad last season -- has gotten worse. Quelle surprise, given the fact that Bargnani is No. 4 on the team in minutes played. Il Mago has actually done well on offense early this season, but he's an absolute abomination on the glass and defensively. (Only three Knicks -- Prigioni, Tim Hardaway Jr. and Raymond Felton -- have defensive rebound rates lower than that of Bargnani. He is the tallest Knick.) Bargnani's game is not really a surprise: he's been in the league since 2006. This is Bargnani. The Knicks knew it coming in, and didn't seem to worry about his defensive shortcomings. Guess who is paying for it? The Knicks.

http://www.sbnation.com/2013/11/18/5117318/new-york-knicks-carmelo-anthony-expectations-hook

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Was this posted?

Pts/FGA for Raptors starters:
Lowry 136/114 (1.19)
Derozan 226/203 (1.13)
Gay 227/220 (1.03)
Johnson 110/83 (1.32)
Valanciunas 104/88 (1/18)

Dat Rudy Gay efficiency wow.

otapnam

What does the conference imbalance have to do with the league's talent level? It is caused by how terrible most of the Eastern Conference teams are being managed.

You can bet its going to get worse. Without guys coming out with more experience/skills/maturity , teams keep hanging on to "veterans" and "unproven talent".

Yes, the eastern conference has a handful of teams with bad management, but its not like theres that many talented players to be had around the league, the roleplayers n bench warmers arnt even like they were in the past

reilo

nah

Bosh: Well done

Bron: Medium rare

Wade: Raw--i'm talking really raw, don't even sear that bitch. Raw and wiggling.

There was an article a few years back that stated that Lebron likes his steaks well-done, with ketchup, and that he has it cut up for him into pieces.

linsivvi

You can bet its going to get worse. Without guys coming out with more experience/skills/maturity , teams keep hanging on to "veterans" and "unproven talent".

Yes, the eastern conference has a handful of teams with bad management, but its not like theres that many talented players to be had around the league, the roleplayers n bench warmers arnt even like they were in the past

What you said had absolutely nothing to do with what I posted so I don't know why you quoted me. The league could have 10 teams with college graduates only and you can still have imbalance if half the league is being managed poorly.

You rant also makes no sense when it comes to Western Conference being superior for more than a decade now despite the lottery system favors the weaker teams. Talent level is relative and if you replace the whole league with high school kids it would still be like this with the same managements.

reilo

Clips are 7-3 with the toughest SOS thus far with practically the league's worst defense.

This is unsustainable.

Clippers:

SRS: 6.13 (5th of 30) ▪ Pace: 97.6 (8th of 30)
Off Rtg: 112.7 (2nd of 30) ▪ Def Rtg: 108.3 (27th of 30)

Blazers:

SRS: 5.50 (6th of 30) ▪ Pace: 93.6 (18th of 30)
Off Rtg: 110.6 (3rd of 30) ▪ Def Rtg: 105.4 (18th of 30)

Blazers > Clippers

Clippers:

Blazers:

Blazers > Clippers

Both our teams are not going to be able to keep this up.

Man too many days off without a game, run us into the ground so we lose more, schedule!

Anyway, for those that play the 2K games, I'm assuming you can't update rosters between seasons, right? Otherwise no one would buy the next edition. I ask because I've heard great things about 2K14 but I'd rather wait until Wiggins is on the Suns roster ;)

rafaelr

so being from austria, i just found out that you can download the nba gametime app for ps3 with an american psn accnt and can link it to your league pass intl. broadband accnt. this is great! so much better than hooking up the laptop to the tv all the time!

Branduil

Clippers:

Blazers:

Blazers > Clippers

SRS seems kind of broken if Portland's cupcake schedule so far is considered one of the toughest.

Branduil

SRS does not just take into account your opponents' strength, but also the margin of victory/defeat.

I like how the Bobcats have a SRS of -6.5 despite their .500 record, LOL.

If the playoffs started today, there would two Leastern Conference teams with losing records in the playoffs. The 8th seed would have a winning percentage of 0.36. Extrapolated, that would be like a team winning 30 games and making the playoffs.

reilo

Portland's margin of victory over their last 6 games is +9, which is really good. Three of those wins also came on the road.

Simply put, that's what good teams do: win big and win on the road, especially against "easier" opponents.

Not sure what people expect. Noone is saying they're legit, but the stats back up their record.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

If the playoffs started today, there would two Leastern Conference teams with losing records in the playoffs. The 8th seed would have a winning percentage of 0.36. Extrapolated, that would be like a team winning 30 games and making the playoffs.
But we're not even healthy

:3

reilo

Hell, the only reason Portland lost to Houston was because Dwight and Omer went a fluky 11-14FT and Damian and Wesley were a fluky 8-14FT.

linsivvi

If the playoffs started today, there would two Leastern Conference teams with losing records in the playoffs. The 8th seed would have a winning percentage of 0.36.

Well, SRS is basically a formula using the point differential of your team adjusted with the average point differential of your opponents.

The Bobcat's point differential is -4.4 and since their opponents are mostly crap teams like the Knicks and the Cavs so it's not surprising.

SRS does have its problem though. Blow out games will inflate or deflate your rating too much.

Portland's margin of victory over their last 6 games is +9, which is really good. Three of those wins also came on the road.

Simply put, that's what good teams do: win big and win on the road, especially against "easier" opponents.

Not sure what people expect. Noone is saying they're legit, but the stats back up their record.

I have no idea how a crippled Brooklyn team with a 3-6 record is a 2 point favorite over a Portland team with an 8-2 record, even in Brooklyn. I know the Clippers nearly got upset by them, but the Clippers also lost to the Lakers and the Magic.

Top Bottom