• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Oct-Nov Season |OT| They can't hide the championship banners Forever

Melo for Deng. It's not like the Knicks could get any worse, right?

OGn9iTe.png

With this trade, Houston would get rid of the Asik problem and have Boozer with his friend Dwight.

linsivvi

So my question was, do you think the nba would let lin into the all star game over westbrook/harden? They obviously have a behind the scenes say?

I don't know how you can use the word obviously unless you believe in conspiracy theories, in which case the Lakers and Celtics would obviously have the #1 and #2 picks respectively. So you should fast forward to the next season already.

The difference is that he gets paid to be an idiot. You're just going to get mocked without compensation.

Nobody wins that trade, it's pretty horrible for everyone involved. I commend your effort though, no hard feelings.

I'll defend it. The Knicks get someone who actually plays defense and is a good team ate. The Rockets get rid of a whining Asik and have a lineup of Dwight, Hardon, Boozer. That's 60 wins in the West. The Bulls get a 2nd go to guy scorer after Rose and get a backup for Noah or starter when Noah gets hurt as he always does.

I'll defend it. The Knicks get someone who actually plays defense and is a good team ate. The Rockets get rid of a whining Asik and have a lineup of Dwight, Hardon, Boozer. That's 60 wins in the West. The Bulls get a 2nd go to guy scorer after Rose and get a backup for Noah or starter when Noah gets hurt as he always does.

Who shoulders the scoring load for the Knicks without Carmelo? Are they going to rely on a core of Bargs, J.R. Smith, and Deng to keep them in games every night? Teague is dead weight, they don't need another mediocre PG on the roster.

Houston is not giving up Chandler Parsons for Carlos Boozer. Yeah Boozer is playing out of his mind right now but how is he going to fit in with Lin, Harden, and Howard? There's not enough touches to go around in that situation and he's going to regress sooner than later. Nobody wants to take on his stupid contract this year, maybe in 2014-2014 when it's an expiring deal. Parsons plays lights out for the amount of money Houston is paying him, he's one of the best values in the league. Giving up young talent for Carlos freaking Boozer is beyond dumb.

I don't have to point out why Chicago wouldn't take on 32M in salary with the current ownership in place.

I was at a concert last night and missed the game, we lost to the Kings? really? Tank engine restarted! Wonder how that happened, I'll have to read up on it. If we lose to them again tonight we'll have doubled their wins for the season haha I have a feeling we'll bounce back hard after the disappointment though.

Emwitus

I don't know how you can use the word obviously unless you believe in conspiracy theories, in which case the Lakers and Celtics would obviously have the #1 and #2 picks respectively. So you should fast forward to the next season already.
The term obviously was used to show they have a say in who should start. Just like new Orleans getting the one pick and Kobe being drafted at 13
And if Lakers and celts are both in the lottery you can bet your bum that's how it'll be. I can see it now: "are Parker and Wiggins the next magic and bird rivalry?"

linsivvi

The term obviously was used to show they have a say in who should start. Just like new Orleans getting the one pick and Kobe being drafted at 13
And if Lakers and celts are both in the lottery you can bet your bum that's how it'll be. I can see it now: "are Parker and Wiggins the next magic and bird rivalry?"

Starters are determined by fan voting, period.

Kobe being drafted at 13 has nothing to do with the league. It's about Kobe not working out for teams, agents pushing and teams not wanting to take a risk. If you think it's the league then you do indeed believe in conspiracy theories.

I've been thinking about the evolution of the game,more specifically how it's becoming more and more position less. It's basically guard, forward, center with a lot of the forwards straying over to center.

That said it seems to me that Western conference teams are way ahead of the Eastern conference when it comes to building their roster around the changing game. Guys like Durant, Davis, Duncan, Curry, etc. that have the skills to mesh with players of multiple playing styles are the exact sorts of guys you should be building teams around. The only guy in the east who comes to mind that fits this description is the reigning MVP. Am I forgetting someone here?

Edit: This reasoning is why I think Jabari Parker is clearly the best prospect in this draft. He has the skills and size to play both forward positions with all the intangibles you could ask for as well. And you can tell by looking at him that he hasn't been around professional trainers that much, once he puts the time in no one will question his athleticism anymore.

Tom Penny

The game has changed because true bigs that actually work on a post game don't exist anymore. They all want to be guards and face the basket.

The game has changed because true bigs that actually work on a post game don't exist anymore. They all want to be guards and face the basket.

The changes in rule set to emphasize speed over physicality have a lot to do with that I think. That said Jahil Okafor is a renaissance throwback player when it comes to the post. And you guys should be in good position to land him next season.

Boozer's the Bulls best offensive player this season. And he hasn't missed extended time on the Bulls. And he doesn't have a Max contract. He's not a complete waste.

Well, he missed a quarter of his first season here. And he was terrible in the playoffs for us until last year, but he's definitely not a complete waste.

He is what he is. We're over-paying for 16 pts, 9 rebounds and shit defense, but big-bodied double-double guys get paid in this league.

overcast

I would probably kill myself if that trade occurred. I know it was just you messing around with the machine though.

Wonder who'll take Asik, and what we want for him.

iamblades

I've been thinking about the evolution of the game,more specifically how it's becoming more and more position less. It's basically guard, forward, center with a lot of the forwards straying over to center.

That said it seems to me that Western conference teams are way ahead of the Eastern conference when it comes to building their roster around the changing game. Guys like Durant, Davis, Duncan, Curry, etc. that have the skills to mesh with players of multiple playing styles are the exact sorts of guys you should be building teams around. The only guy in the east who comes to mind that fits this description is the reigning MVP. Am I forgetting someone here?

Edit: This reasoning is why I think Jabari Parker is clearly the best prospect in this draft. He has the skills and size to play both forward positions with all the intangibles you could ask for as well. And you can tell by looking at him that he hasn't been around professional trainers that much, once he puts the time in no one will question his athleticism anymore.

Offensively sure, I don't know if he can effectively guard either position though.

I agree that you generally want your best player and MVP to be a versatile player that can work with whatever types of players you bring in though. Doesn't help to have a superstar talent that is only good in certain lineups because it constrains the kind of moves you can make on the roster, the kind of system and plays you can run and means you'll probably have to overpay complementary pieces because you need them to make the team work.

Offensively sure, I don't know if he can effectively guard either position though.

I agree that you generally want your best player and MVP to be a versatile player that can work with whatever types of players you bring in though. Doesn't help to have a superstar talent that is only good in certain lineups because it constrains the kind of moves you can make on the roster, the kind of system and plays you can run and means you'll probably have to overpay complementary pieces because you need them to make the team work.

Parker has really good awareness when it comes to spacing and he's able to anticipate ball fakes and counter moves pretty effectively as well. He had 4 blocks, most of them in the post, last night. On one of them he stuffed the guy at the rim, came down with the ball, and went coast to coast splitting a trap at half court to dunk it at the other end. It was an amazing play and it sold me on his potential to play solid post defense. The fact that his body isn't developed yet is just icing on the cake. I'm going to be mad jealous of whatever team drafts him.

Melo for Deng. It's not like the Knicks could get any worse, right?

OGn9iTe.png

With this trade, Houston would get rid of the Asik problem and have Boozer with his friend Dwight.

That's worse than knick fans thinking they can get Rondo for Amare and Shumpert.

Steve Kerr says that the only way for big men to learn a post game these days is to stay in college. He referenced that dude from Kansas and says that if he comes out after a year he'll be eaten up and never learn shit. I don't watch enough college ball but would you guys agree?

I guess the only thing positive about Butler being out, is hopefully Tony Snell gets some playing time. I wonder if Hinrich starts at SG or Dunleavy.

As soon as we trade Shumpert for Kris Humphries or something, I think I'm just going to be a basketball free agent for the year while my heart heals. :(

giri

That's worse than knick fans thinking they can get Rondo for Amare and Shumpert.

Steve Kerr says that the only way for big men to learn a post game these days is to stay in college. He referenced that dude from Kansas and says that if he comes out after a year he'll be eaten up and never learn shit. I don't watch enough college ball but would you guys agree?

I think you're seeing it with cousins this year. He obviously has the skills, body, frame, and athleticism to be really good in the post. And he has post moves. They're just unpolished and untested. You're seeing him in his 3rd year, finally being put in the post regularly in game situations. When it's 1v1 coverage, DMC scores every time. When he gets doubled is when he struggles to know what to do (and so do the rest of the kings).

I mean, Z-bo took a long time to become REALLY good in the post.

You look at a lot of the guys with good post games, M.Gasol, Pek, Kanter and they're euro's who did play in europe for a while and learn this stuff. (Though i think marc spent a lot of time in the USA, he did spend a lot of time around the national team and all his years before college too).

Then you look at the guys who have basic / developing post games and they're guys that came straight into the NBA, blake, love, dwight.

So yeah, i think he's right to an extent. Either he has to learn in college or it takes them a long time in the NBA. And your team has to be committed to the idea of you learning.

Frankman thinks so.

Like most things, some are funny, some aren't.

Tom Penny

I'm not sure how college or rules prevent a player from working on his post game in the off season. It's not sexy to play in the post so players don't work on it. Not wanting to score lots of points on basically unguardable shots like a jump hook defies logic.

Top Bottom