• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Oct-Nov Season |OT| They can't hide the championship banners Forever

The Suns have been amazing on defensive with Bledsoe on the bench this year despite the fact that Bledsoe looks like the only plus defender on their entire team. They've been playing elite level defense with Dragic, Gerald Green, and Channing Frye. I would think this has to be a temporary fluke via guys playing hard to try in stick in the league and from being inspired by a new coach, but it still seems weird.

uogCTXr.png

Dg8Gfb6.png

nS3xh31.png

Holy shit.

Wow, this is going to be awesome.

I dont understand how this squad is that much better than last year's fuckery.

1. Athleticism
2. Jordan Hill is healthy
3. Kobe isn't playing iso
4. Lakers aren't consistently trying to force a feed into the post to a guy that has limited offensive moves. A guy who probably wasn't playing at 100% last year.
5. Ron Artest is gone.

You don't leave the defending champs, who currently have one of the deepest rosters and the best bevy of support shooters to surround him with for ANYONE. There has never been a doubt in my mind that he's staying. I think if there ever was one, it disappeared after the initial 9-8 start.

I've been saying since he left that that team was run by an inept group of idiots. They had 7 seasons to get it together, and they never did, right? That team has been shit forever. The only time they were good was when Lebron was there. He left and they were historically bad. He's never going back to Cleveland. Not until his final season or two, or when he goes home in the summer.

Nah, Bosh loves winning. There was a great article on his background, going back to hs. He's fine in his role, and I really don't see anyone they can replace him with. His floor-spacing is critical. If Pat doesn't extend him, it will be a mistake. PEACE.

Oh I don't think he's going anywhere. I was just saying how I don't really see teams that are positioning themselves fo him. 2011 you had teams like us and the knicks clearing room left and right.

Reminds me of that one time T-Mac was a Knick and I kept getting confused because I was constantly thinking John Starks was still playing

I'm on my phone but Dwade tweeted saying "The Beginning"
Bron retweeted saying "nowhere near the end." That boy is coming to Miami!

shits gonna be real interesting. It's like wade has an agenda or something.

cmon dude nobody wants melo.

I dont want him either.. Though if they are really bringing in melo, I just hope it wont result to bosh being gone.

edit: Now its got me thinking.. How can they bring in melo w/o having the need to stab bosh in the back?

linsivvi

they do have their pick this year, phoenix have their 2015 pick and the magic have their 2017 pick

i think all laker fans except black sancha want the team to tank because they realize they're dangerously close to becoming atlanta hawks west if they try and do anything serious in building around post-achilles kobe. this makes it even funnier that sancha was getting into it with diehard and iwmtb about the jazz being worse than lakers this year. i'm sure those two are really upset that they're not a 38 win team for the best draft in years.

Yep. At least most of the regulars here want the Lakers to tank. The thing is, however, nobody in the Western conference but the Jazz and Kings know how to tank properly. Most of the picks are going East this year.

You think LeBron wants another pay cut? Dude should be making 30MM easily. If this was Baseball, Lebron would be the highest paid in history.

If this was baseball LeBron would be commanding 40-50 million

I think he'd take another pay cut. Besides if he was going to ever command the absolute max it would have been in 2010 in my opinion

But I also have no idea what the guy wants and I also didn't think him going to Miami was realistically happen until the week of

lebron's not taking a paycut, this is his last big long term deal before retirement.
you really think he's gonna take a paycut?
yeah right. dude's going to demand a max next summer.

I think Lebron wouldn't mind taking a pay cut.. He is set for life with that Nike/endorsment money, and that will only get bigger and bigger the more rings he wins.

They should sign Darko too, to complete dat starting 5
lmao.. Few days ago I posted Heat should give darko a chance. THat's going to be nuts, even w/o melo lol

Heat without Bosh is a losing team in the playoffs.

With Melol in his place? IDK.

Our interior defense somehow gets even worse but Melo is alot better rebounder than Bosh. But fuck Melo.

if he wasn't pining for money, he wouldn't have signed that samsung endorsement deal.
lebron probably agreed to some backdoor deal with sponsors to play in south beach to offset a paycut.

Lol, not pining for money doesn't mean you turn down money. Thats pretty funny. You think Warren Buffet turns down easy money?

Trey

LeBron pining for money? Can't see it. Samsung deal is huge for more reasons than money: tech is the big business sector of our times and there are few tech companies bigger than Samsung. Sneakers are cool, jerseys are cool, but being associated with one of the most pervasively used devices? That's big. And LeBron is about building that brand.

they do have their pick this year, phoenix have their 2015 pick and the magic have their 2017 pick

i think all laker fans except black sancha want the team to tank because they realize they're dangerously close to becoming atlanta hawks west if they try and do anything serious in building around post-achilles kobe. this makes it even funnier that sancha was getting into it with diehard and iwmtb about the jazz being worse than lakers this year. i'm sure those two are really upset that they're not a 38 win team for the best draft in years.

Uh, I was on the tank team since D12 left.

Just because I recognize it is beneficial to lose doesn't mean I shouldn't strive to analyze basketball as accurately as possible. They're a better team than the Jazz (though, so is Kansas at this point). I wish the Lakers bottomed out and all summer I claimed Mitch put together a hidden tank in that people though Young, johnson, Kaman, etc were decent when they sucked. Unfortunately, they haven't been their normal awful, yet and MDA realized Hill should play. I'm sure the regression is coming. It's early in the year. Lots of time.

Cipherr

I'm going to fucking melt down if the heat lose Bosh for fucking Basketball Blackhole Carmelo Anthony. That's some fucking bullshit.

Please no....

Bond007

Not like it matters. Only one champion is crowned and it hasnt been out of the West...no matter how strong the west is.

Anyways, Go Bulls...rough times ahead.

Top Bottom