• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Oct-Nov Season |OT| They can't hide the championship banners Forever

Guess its good to live in the past.

Of the last ten champions, its been 5-5 East/West. 3 of those from yours truly.

So bringing up championships from 2006 isn't living in the past ;)

East has Miami, but imo they've been a disappointing conference for a while. Teams shouldn't be getting into the playoffs with sub .500 records.

I wonder if lbj and wade know bosh is leaving and they're just starting their recruiting now

either that or I'm just bored
Bosh is stagnating on the Heat, it makes sense that he would pursue max money elsewhere where he could serve a more central role.

why would bosh opt out

nobody is paying him max
Knicks? Hell, I could even see the Lakers overpaying in trying to build a championship around Kobe.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Holy fuck at the changes coming to nba.com according to Zach Lowe's twitter. If their video player improves ill use that all the time.

why would bosh opt out

nobody is paying him max

Dude still averages 20+ when wade sits aka his scoring suffers due to lack of shots not skill.

He also is one of the best if not the best pnr defending pf in the league. Yeah he isn't a flashy shot blocker like ibaka, and not loud like the corpse if kg, but his D on the one is a huge reason Miami can switch everything/go small.

Dude still averages 20+ when wade sits aka his scoring suffers due to lack of shots not skill.

He also is one of the best if not the best pnr defending pf in the league. Yeah he isn't a flashy shot blocker like ibaka, and not loud like the corpse if kg, but his D on the one is a huge reason Miami can switch everything/go small.

There's a reason his DRTG went from a putrid 108 and 111 to the low hundreds as soon as he went to Miami.

I think he's worthy of max for sure in comparison to what other guys are getting, I'm just not sure how many teams would be interested.

Strangely enough he might be good on the Wiz...

Edit: Honestly, Josh Smith just got max. Who am I kidding. Bosh would get an offer from someone lul

There's a reason his DRTG went from a putrid 108 and 111 to the low hundreds as soon as he went to Miami.

I think he's worthy of max for sure in comparison to what other guys are getting, I'm just not sure how many teams would be interested.

Strangely enough he might be good on the Wiz...

Edit: Honestly, Josh Smith just got max. Who am I kidding. Bosh would get an offer from someone lul

4 year 54mil is the Max now?

So bringing up championships from 2006 isn't living in the past ;)

East has Miami, but imo they've been a disappointing conference for a while. Teams shouldn't be getting into the playoffs with sub .500 records.

The last ten years are more relevant than they last fifteen years. If you want we can do the last 3 years ;)

Everybody knows the east from the middle down is garbage, but the point of Bondo's post was to show that we still bring the chip this way at a good clip.

Pkaz01

The last ten years are more relevant than they last fifteen years. If you want we can do the last 3 years ;)

Everybody knows the east from the middle down is garbage, but the point of Bondo's post was to show that we still bring the chip this way at a good clip.

Which is more credible a 15 year sample or a 3 year one? especially if you are trying to find the rate at which something happens.

If the season ended today, the Pacers and Spurs would have the 2nd and 4th best defensive ratings in the last 35 years.

The Spurs would also be the 2nd best defensive rebounding team ever and the 2nd least foul prone team of the shot clock era.

Pretty good starts for both teams...

If the season ended today, the Pacers and Spurs would have the 2nd and 4th best defensive ratings in the last 35 years.

The Spurs would also be the 2nd best defensive rebounding team ever and the 2nd least foul prone team of the shot clock era.

Pretty good starts for both teams...

Timmy don't look right doe.

exarkun

The fact that Detroit, with its anemic offense, is in the 8th spot in the East is atrocious.

There are four or five teams worth watching in the East. Whereas you could turn on any of twelve teams' games in the west and see competitive, enjoyable basketball. And its been like that for years.

The fact that Detroit, with its anemic offense, is in the 8th spot in the East is atrocious.

There are four or five teams worth watching in the East. Whereas you could turn on any of twelve teams' games in the west and see competitive, enjoyable basketball. And its been like that for years.

Wins and losses aren't exactly an indication of watchability

The Wiz have had a few overtime games and are genuinely exciting to watch despite the L's we catch.

exarkun

Wins and losses aren't exactly an indication of watchability

The Wiz have had a few overtime games and are genuinely exciting to watch despite the L's we catch.

I counted the wiz in my four or five. So you good Faze.

Competitive basketball is usually watchable. Blowouts are immediate channel flippers for most people, including many of our own nba-gafers. Alot of East basketball is not competitive or enjoyable. Like the Celtics.

This season everybody in the East is either tanking or based in New York.

It's fun to watch the crowd boo Bennett during home blowouts

SoulPlaya

more money than God
tumblr_mwsd8s8XyH1ric6vxo2_500.jpg

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
If Rose is done, and BK is washed up/old, then basically only the Pacers can stop MIA in the East?

...well, shit.

Pacers should have beat the Heat last year, their 5 starters outscored Miami's in the playoffs last year. And their core guys this year are better than last. And their bench isn't quite as putrid - although they still need help at PG.

I think they have a pretty decent shot this year.

Vahagn

Beginning of the year I would have said Miami isn't making the Finals, but they're literally the luckiest team ever in terms of opposing contenders getting major Injuries.

Rondo 2 Years
Rose 3 Years
Amare 3 Years
Granger last year

They should have been seriously challenged by Indiana/Chicago/Brooklyn and now 2 of the 3 teams are done. There is ONE legitimate challenger in a sea of .400 teams in the playoffs.

bjb

Banned
I hope Rose can return to form one day. Despite his awful shooting, he looked relatively explosive at times this season.

Beginning of the year I would have said Miami isn't making the Finals, but they're literally the luckiest team ever in terms of opposing contenders getting major Injuries.

Rondo 2 Years
Rose 3 Years
Amare 3 Years
Granger last year

They should have been seriously challenged by Indiana/Chicago/Brooklyn and now 2 of the 3 teams are done. There is ONE legitimate challenger in a sea of .400 teams in the playoffs.

I think the Pacers were sub .500 at this point last year so lets give it another month

Top Bottom