• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Oct-Nov Season |OT| They can't hide the championship banners Forever

rockets going on a streak w/o haren. I knew it. just the presence of stupid ass is like an automatic easy 20 points for opposing teams every 30 mins he is playing and like -15 points for his team on same time frame because of his retarded isos 5ft behind the 3pt line that gets nowhere.
I have no facts to back this up, all estimation, but seems right tho lol
edit. damn brent barry sonin' rodman was glorious

Don't forget Lee also hits almost 80% of his FTs. Blake might block a few more shots though.

Actually, Griffin is a every so slightly better rebounder this year. Really, they're the same when it comes to rebounding in their career.

Griffin is a better defender (he improved a bunch last season. He's still not good, but Lee is horrific at it). He's also a better playmaker and ball handler. Also is better at getting to the line (granted it's offset by Lee's better percentage).

Lee is the better outside shooter, of course, but overall I'd say Griffin is better because he isn't Lee bad on defense.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
The sad thing is Blake should be unstoppable
The way he is made and with his decent hands and fleet feet
It's just frustrating

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
What's great is that we basically the same crack about Lee and the Knicks and it was good both times

linsivvi

“He got a call from someone at MSG saying they had bought the rights to air several of Woody’s movies on the MSG channel and wanted Woody to go on the air and talk about his movies or introduce them,” a Woody source told me.

“Woody said he would not be comfortable doing that. He has never done that for any show or network. They then said that this was a ‘reciprocal arrangement’ and that if Woody couldn’t go on TV for them, he should not eat in their VIP restaurant anymore. Woody said fine and thanked them for the many years he had enjoyed the space there.”

Dolan sounds like a child.

I'm pretty sure that interview he gave a few days ago was on a bunch of conditions, one of them being that they had to ask about his band

The other that he had to see all the questions first

pilonv1

I like Lee for the most part...just hate his god awful contract. I dunno how signing him to a max offer even remotely made sense.

The new owners had to do it to show they were serious about wanting people to come and pay for them. He served his purpose, culture has changed and now he should be shipped out for parts so there's money left for Klay and Barnes.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I'm pretty sure that interview he gave a few days ago was on a bunch of conditions, one of them being that they had to ask about his band

The other that he had to see all the questions first

Last time he gave an uncanned interview was in 2007.

Good gawd, I just looked at the standings.

Only three teams in the entire Eastern conference have a winning record while only three times in the West have a losing record.

I don't think the Leastern conference has ever been this terribad. This will be the easiest threepeat for the Heat in modern sports history.

giri

The new owners had to do it to show they were serious about wanting people to come and pay for them. He served his purpose, culture has changed and now he should be shipped out for parts so there's money left for Klay and Barnes.

Holding on to barnes will be very dificult.

And you still need a PF if you ship out lee.

giri

Barnes at the four future baby

He's no where near big enough.

The Warriors real threat is that they can play a traditional lineup and still be extremely efficient. They can go PnR heavy with Lee there too.

You get rid of a traditionally sized 4 on the W's and you're relying WAY too much on the health of Bogut. And you're relying a hell of a lot more on hitting a really high % of 3's. I love me some Bogut, and when he's really back in form i think he'll be a monster on that team, but ugh, his health track record.

I'm not saying Lee isn't over paid. He is. But really if you replace him, it has to be with another traditionally sized 4.

Which means Greg Monroe ... but i doubt the pistons let him go.
Millsap? He's undersized but would be a good fit.
Thad Young? JJ Hickson, Markieff Morris / Frye ...

Not really that many options. Maybe Taj Gibson?

I'm probably over thinking it.

Good gawd, I just looked at the standings.

Only three teams in the entire Eastern conference have a winning record while only three times in the West have a losing record.

I don't think the Leastern conference has ever been this terribad. This will be the easiest threepeat for the Heat in modern sports history.

Easiest path to the finals maybe. People were saying the same shit last year and looked what happened. Spurs are the Spurs of course but our biggest obstacle by-far, so far, is Indy.

1461242_10103899339374510_1127084216_n.jpg

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Weren't Knicks fans in here hyping up Shump?

He's garbage.
He's not BAD. He's probably just as valuable as Henderson. In a place like NY, he was never going to develop though. Hope he gets traded soon.

Also Adam, I JUST got that MRI done lol.

This was the routine complaint that echoed off the walls of the Knicks locker room in the early days of the Carmelo Anthony era. The words were often voiced by disgruntled supporting cast players and it was a message Amar'e Stoudemire endorsed.

Last night, in the wake of another troubling loss, it was again the motto of the mad.

"Right now," Iman Shumpert said, "the ball is just sticking."

It's a phrase that, in the past, has been code for "Melo is dominating the offense too much."

Shumpert, who almost had a complete shutout in the boxscore (he had one steal), went there first. Remember it was Shumpert after the playoffs last spring who, along with Tyson Chandler, called for a need to change the team's offensive strategy. Both spoke with frustration about how the offense needs to involve others.

Chandler is out with an injury, but Stoudemire was quick to support Shumpert's bold campaign. Amar'e said Shumpert's struggles - on offense and defense - are directly related to the lack of ball movement.

"It's hard for any player to get a good rhythm when the ball don't move," he said.

For the record, Melo took 25 shots in 42 minutes. Amar'e took 12 in 24 minutes. That's essentially the same FGA per minute pace.

Shumpert took just 3 shots in 23 minutes (Wait, why aren't we talking about the awful defense played by EVERYBODY in the first quarter?). There's no doubt he hasn't been the same player he was at the end of last season. When asked about this, he replied, "When we're winning and playing better as a team, I'll play better as a player."

Since no one was sure just what Shumpert meant by that, a reporter asked Melo if he knew what was wrong with Shumpert.

"Honestly, I don't know what's going through his head," Melo said, "or anybody else's head."

Meanwhile, Amar'e continued to push the message to reporters. "Right now, the ball is not moving," he said of a game that saw the team record 24 assists on 38 FGM. "We're playing one pass, one shot at this point. Teams that move the ball wins, teams that don't lose. It's pretty simple."

When asked to elaborate on why this is an issue for the Knicks, Amar'e grinned. "My job is to play the game, your guys' job is to analyze the game. You guys know how it works and why it's not moving. I think you can figure it out."

Here we go again.

Hmm..

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-b...ts-toronto-raptors-locker-013152969--nba.html

It’s common practice that after every game each player is provided a scoresheet. The sheet breaks down the individual players’ contributions as well as team totals.

That won’t be happening anymore in Toronto. Rudy Gay has put a stop to it.

Gay sees the scoresheets as an unnecessary barrier to team unity or even a temptation to be more focussed on what is best for the individual as opposed to what is best for the team.

“We’re not playing for stats,” Gay said.

Gay said there was no incident or no moment that pushed him toward this decision but as a leader on this team, he felt it was just something that was best for the team.

“I wanted to just nip it in the butt before it became an issue,” he said. “We come in here after losses, after wins and people are staring at those stat sheets, but that’s not what we’re about. We’re a team and the stat that matters is the W.”

This is basically Rudy Gay telling his teammates "You guys don't need to know that I took 37 shots for 29 points, I was trying to help us win!"

MVP

Banned
Why isn't this thread 24/7 about Lebron shooting 61% from the field, close to 50% from 3, and just continuing to get better?

Oh right, let's keep up that narrative that he isn't the best all-around player of all-time lol

BRB putting up stats MJ never sniffed

Missed a ton of games as there is (once again) no UK TV deal in place come the start of the season. There is STILL no UK TV deal in place. This happened last year, but thankfully Sky Sports picked the NBA up leading up to the playoffs.

The only legal option is NBA League Pass, but that's a ton of money and has mixed reviews.

Top Bottom