• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Oct-Nov Season |OT| They can't hide the championship banners Forever

Why isn't this thread 24/7 about Lebron shooting 61% from the field, close to 50% from 3, and just continuing to get better?

Oh right, let's keep up that narrative that he isn't the best all-around player of all-time lol

BRB putting up stats MJ never sniffed
It's next level shit but it's only worth talking about if he can somehow keep it up over a significant portion of the season IMO . Lebron and guys like Durant have pretty much made ultra high efficiency production non-news.

otapnam

They were laughing at a shump for faried deal. They don't play any defense anyway, faried would give them wins by himself, easily. Especially the way the east is weak at the center position.

Pretty much everyone that played well during linsanity stunk after he left. I wonder why

I've been looking over college stats and just discovered that Randle has yet to record a steal this year, that's a big warning sign if you ask me.

Also, Jordan Adams at UCLA is averaging a rediculous stat line this year. They haven't played anyone decent, but if he can keep his efficiency going against better competition his stats are top 5 pick worthy.

And Jabari Parker is still the truth

lewade.gif

11-3. Same record as November last year.

I've been looking over college stats and just discovered that Randle has yet to record a steal this year, that's a big warning sign if you ask me.

Randle probably won't even be in my top 15 by the end of the year. His ability to bully less athletic, smaller players is admirable, but there's nothing really there that looks like it'll transfer to the pros.

Randle probably won't even be in my top 15 by the end of the year. His ability to bully less athletic, smaller players is admirable, but there's nothing really there that looks like it'll transfer to the pros.

His rebounding will translate, but I'm not confident that much else will. He won't draw fouls anywhere close to the rate he is now, and that's where half his points come from. He's definitely not in my top 5. Noah Vonleh at Indiana is the best power forward prospect in this class.

Edit: Vonleh should be in the discussion with Parker and Wiggins, he's easily the most overlooked guy in this draft.

They were laughing at a shump for faried deal. They don't play any defense anyway, faried would give them wins by himself, easily. Especially the way the east is weak at the center position.

He's not a center and he does not play good defense. Just a great hustle guy. You make no sense but why am i surprised.

snack

He's not a center and he does not play good defense. Just a great hustle guy. You make no sense but why am i surprised.
Knicks are missing everything right now. It's been the NY Melos for a while. They got no hustle. They could really use a guy like Faried who busts his ass off game in game out.

But real question is why would the nuggets want Shump? He lacks a consistent jumper and I find his defense mediocre at best. Simply overrated.

Knicks are missing everything right now. It's been the NY Melos for a while. They got no hustle. They could really use a guy like Faried who busts his ass off game in game out.

But real question is why would the nuggets want Shump? He lacks a consistent jumper and I find his defense mediocre at best. Simply overrated.

They can also use wings that can shoot and a PG that isn't made of fail.

linsivvi

Missed a ton of games as there is (once again) no UK TV deal in place come the start of the season. There is STILL no UK TV deal in place. This happened last year, but thankfully Sky Sports picked the NBA up leading up to the playoffs.

The only legal option is NBA League Pass, but that's a ton of money and has mixed reviews.

Nah, International League Pass is great. You get the entire season including playoffs. Most of the complaints come from American League Pass users due to local black out.

Vahagn

What Lebron is doing efficiency wise is insane. But he's doing it in an era that highlights efficiency with advanced analytics that tells him regularly where he is and isn't efficient.

Playing in an era where you were valued for scoring 45 on 48% more than scoring 25 on 60% changes the way players play. The most amazing thing is Lebron following the data so effectively in the regular season and never taking a shot he doesn't have to.

I've already talked about half court heaves and full court heaves as well, which superstars almost never do anymore. (when's the last time you saw a highlight if a superstar making a 3/4 court shot)? That was in every nights top ten plays at least once Pre-stats era

Malo

Banned
I want to get into baseketball sabermetrics. Is there a site similar to fangraphs for basketball that tells you and breakdowns all the advanced stats? Thanks in advance.

Well, at least Derrick Williams is finally traded. Somewhat low return for the potential of Williams, but it's still a great trade for the Wolves considering Derrick was never going to get any significant minutes under Adelman any time soon. They definitely need to find a scorer to fill out the second unit now though (at least to tide the team over until Budinger gets back), because when Barea is your only scoring 'threat' you know you're doing something wrong...

SummitAve

Banned
Well, at least Derrick Williams is finally traded. Somewhat low return for the potential of Williams, but it's still a great trade for the Wolves considering Derrick was never going to get any significant minutes under Adelman any time soon. They definitely need to find a scorer to fill out the second unit now though (at least to tide the team over until Budinger gets back), because when Barea is your only scoring 'threat' you know you're doing something wrong...

I don't think it was a low return. Who cares if he was a #2, it was from a shit draft. He is one of the worst finishers in the league, and has showed no signs of motivation or care to improve. Hummel has looked alright.

Truphenom

Glad to see the Knicks are tanking for hope.

And no, Faried isn't a center or plays defense. Let this team suck ass and just let Melo walk. There's no winning with this group of compost.

Pimpwerx

The ball sticking is a comment made around the league. I know the Heat talked about it after some games this season too. Then they got their assist on. That's the difference though. The Heatles don't take it as some personal affront. They understand that it's a legit problem that needed to be fixed. You can't sustain the current high levels of scoring efficiency they're achieving without moving the ball around and looking for the open shot.

The Knicks got all sorts of problems. I hear some people talking about Melo going to the Lakers, and I'd just love to see Melo and Kobe fight over the ball for 82 games. PEACE.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
He's improved defensively and regressed offensively. 20 shots a game to score 21ppg isn't good, luckily almost everyone else (especially Wes) is shooting super efficiently.

22 points on 20 shots, but yeah. This is undoubtedly his best start to the season in his career in raw numbers. He's always a very slow starter and then ramps up his production around December:

B5OXxwl.png

So I have high hopes for him to have something else in his tank once the season gets moving.

He's just having a bad shooting stretch (37FG% last 5), but the 10 games prior he shot 48FG%. Not too worried.

Emwitus

When people say melo is going to the lakers, are we all assuming D'antoni will get fired before that happens? How does it work?

FYI, kobe is one hogger too many. Keep that blackhole away from LA. He could go to the celtics tho. That'd be cool.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Knicks fans are crazy. Melo is the only reason the team isn't the worst in the league.

I hope Melo jumps ship to an actual good team. I wouldn't mind if he came to Orlando to be honest.

yea, and we're going to get a top 5 pick because of it

And we don't have a bench for two guys that had stress injuries as recently as a year ago and yet they hit 40 mpg on the regular

This team is an inevitable injury away from hitting the floor of the ocean

Bradley Beal has been diagnosed with a stress injury to his proximal right fibula.

The Washington Wizards will be without Beal for the next two weeks and then be re-evaluated. The injury was diagnosed by team doctors following an MRI exam on Monday after Beal experienced soreness in his right leg.

Beal has appeared in all 13 games for the Wizards this season, averaging 20.6 points, 4.2 rebounds and 3.5 assists in 40.2 minutes. He missed the final eight games of last season due to a stress injury to his distal right fibula.

Denzel-Boom.gif

Pimpwerx

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I liked this kid too. I know people like to talk about the current NBA being soft, but I think the kinds of injuries we're seeing these days suggests the opposite. Athletes today are really pushing the limits of their bodies more than guys in the past. These kinds of stress injuries suggest the level of exertion and effort is exceeding what their bodies are able to take.

Maybe some of these guys would benefit more from slimming down. I feel like most NBA players play at more than 200lbs nowadays, in order to absorb punishment, but maybe that's not really natural for them. Maybe being lanky comes more naturally with being long. PEACE.

Top Bottom