• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Oct-Nov Season |OT| They can't hide the championship banners Forever

LuchaShaq

Banned
wait LeBron 26ppg on 15 shots

banderas.gif

Will get overlooked during MVP talks when media needs a good story like the rose MVP.

His percentages for someone who frequently takes jumpers contested/threes/ scoring 25+ is so insane that it's almost MVP worthy before you consider his defense/passing/rebounds.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Will get overlooked during MVP talks when media needs a good story like the rose MVP.

His percentages for someone who frequently takes jumpers contested/threes/ scoring 25+ is so insane that it's almost MVP worthy before you consider his defense/passing/rebounds.

Pacers finish with a better record than the Heat and it's a given that bandwagon for Paul George as MVP will be ratcheted up.

The real dark horse though would be Anthony Davis if the Pelicans can somehow get into the playoffs this year. They're 3-1 since Ryan Anderson came back!

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Pardon my ignorance on the matter, but doesn't Kobe's extension ruin basically all FA plans for this summer? WTF Lakers?

It's not like Los Angeles is a free agent destination, so what does it matter?

DERP

Emwitus

Pardon my ignorance on the matter, but doesn't Kobe's extension ruin basically all FA plans for this summer? WTF Lakers?

Not really. They had cap space earlier to sign two now it's one max player. And if you look at the current crop of free agents there isn't even one legitimate max player the lakers can sign.(or that's willing to come to LA)

SamuraiX-

rXV9yUk.png

Can somebody please explain to me where the fuck this ridiculous misconception of Derrick Williams being a "scorer" arose from?

And if there's anything we needed, it was to "get younger".

Fuck this team.

#SacKings GM Pete D'Alessandro on whether he sees Derrick Williams as more of a small forward or power forward:

"I think he’s versatile. I think a lot of our players our versatile. And I see I have a coach who has the vision of moving players around and shuffling around. I mean, sometimes we lock ourselves into position, position, position. That’s not a cop out... There are people who think he’s a four - I get it. But I don’t want to be locked into position. I want athletes, I want guys who can play a role, who can do the things that we need them to do and I think Derrick clearly can do that."

Eat a dick, Pete.

Vahagn

Lebron MVP logic in 09-10 "best player on best team he should get it"

Lebron MVP logic 2011-2014 "who cares if his superteam has the 2nd, 3rd, 4th best record. Look at those stats"

Lebron's the best player in the game, but if you think he deserved MVP in 2011 when his team underachieved in the regular season you're kidding yourselves.

Doomsayer

It says most valuable though. Based on talent and importance. Sub Paul with granger and I still think they would have almost the same record.

What?

Granger hasn't played in what, two years? PG is much more efficient and less reliant on isolation plays. Basically, you're full of shit.

Doomsayer

I will admit to not believing PG would get as good as he has been this season.

After his rookie campaign and hearing he grew like 4 inches, I had him slated for MIP. I was a year off, but good to see he is proving me right. Looks like he put a lot of work in over the summer too.

You don't get my point. Hibbert and west are MVPs of that team. Not fucking Paul George.

Hibbert means a lot defensively, but so does PG. PG isn't a lockdown defender be he is well above average.

Lebron MVP logic in 08-09 "best player on best team he should get it"

Lebron MVP logic 2010-2014 "who cares if his superteam has the 2nd, 3rd, 4th best record. Look at those stats"

Lebron's the best player in the game, but if you think he deserved MVP in 2010 when his team underachieved in the regular season you're kidding yourselves.

The Cavs had the best regular season record in 09-10...

SamuraiX-

oh my god

what the fuck am I reading

Have these guys done any research on DWill? He is a 4.

Sorry Kings fans. I give it about a 0% chance that he works at the 3.

Thank goodness we traded that reliable defender chump with a couple of minor medical concerns so we can "get a scorer" and "get younger" and "more athletic".

This FO and staff are trying to set a record for how far a human being can fit their head up their own ass.

Paul George is the best perimeter defender in the league and has been awesome offensively this year. I don't know how long that will last, since he wasn't really above average offensively last year, but he's definitely the MVP of that team right now. David West is still a good defender, but he's averaging 12 PPG on bad efficiency this year compared to 24 PPG on very good efficiency from Paul George. Hibbert is definitely DPotY caliber, but his offense is pretty average at best.

Zep

Banned
Paul George is the best perimeter defender in the league and has been awesome offensively this year. I don't know how long that will last, since he wasn't really above average offensively last year, but he's definitely the MVP of that team right now. David West is still a good defender, but he's averaging 12 PPG on bad efficiency this year compared to 24 PPG on very good efficiency from Paul George.

It will last. Lay off the advanced stats for a moment brotha and recognize a guy hitting his prime. There will be no regressing to a mean or whatever...Dude is legit offensively.

It will last. Lay off the advanced stats for a moment brotha and recognize a guy hitting his prime. There will be no regressing to a mean or whatever...Dude is legit offensively.

I think he will too since it seems like he's actually learned how to dribble unlike most of the other Rudy Gay type players that never do, but he's still shooting 53% from 8-23 feet which is a number that basically no one other than Dirk can ever shoot at for a full season if they're a shotcreator.

Cipherr

lol no

Paul George is better than MVP Rose

We're talking about a guy who actually made prime LeBron sweat in the playoffs

Whoadere..... Im not sure I would say he is better than Rose during the year Rose won MVP. The Pacers gave Miami a workout, but that was a team effort more than it was just Paul George.

Regarding the Pacers, they're a fun team to watch defensively. It's not hard to see why they're such a great defensive team when you look at their point guards. George Hill is a great defender but Stephenson really stands out for me. Having him be the backup point just gives the Pacers so much flexibility since he can guard anyone from positions 1-3.

Lebron taking 15 shots a game gtfo

Vag trying to downplay Lebron toying with the league :lol

Definitely impressive efficiency.

But it doesn't hurt either that the majority of the games are against almost comatose Leastern conference teams. Bron Bron can literally pick his spots because from both a team and individual standpoint, the East is a glorified JV squad outside of Indiana.

With Rose down again and the Knicks imploding, there really isn't a true franchise player in the entire eastern conference. So yes, Lebron is a God among scrubs.

Thank goodness we traded that reliable defender chump with a couple of minor medical concerns so we can "get a scorer" and "get younger" and "more athletic".

This FO and staff are trying to set a record for how far a human being can fit their head up their own ass.
I wouldn't say the trade is a failure or anything. If he can get some play time at the 4 and some responsibility I think that he could develop into a pretty good player. Not an all star, but just a solid scorer/rebounder. He had a couple of chances while he was here to show his skills and didn't do all that well, but maybe a change of scenery will help him. He was just never going to fit in on our team.

(because he's a 4)

Whoadere..... Im not sure I would say he is better than Rose during the year Rose won MVP. The Pacers gave Miami a workout, but that was a team effort more than it was just Paul George.

If Paul keeps this up he'll be better for sure.

Paul is maybe the best perimeter defender in the NBA while being more efficient than Rose.

The state of the East is pretty damn sad. It's been bad for years, but I never thought it would get this bad. Something really needs to be done to shake things up.

giri

Not really. They had cap space earlier to sign two now it's one max player. And if you look at the current crop of free agents there isn't even one legitimate max player the lakers can sign.(or that's willing to come to LA)

This can only happen if the do crazy stuff though. Like it's REALLY out there. They have to renounce every contract including Pau's i think.

It's a fallacy that the lakers have cap room this summer.

They could. But they'd need like 8 minimum contract guys on the roster to fill it out.

Top Bottom