• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Oct-Nov Season |OT| They can't hide the championship banners Forever

Omega

Banned
i didn't realize how bad the EC is.

if the playoffs started today, only 3 teams would be over 500, and one of them is only 1 game over 500

this is just embarrassing

pilonv1

GS lucky as shit

s.barnes_0.jpg

LeBron shooting 61-49-80 with a 70% TS. One made three away from 50% from deep.

Wes Matthews is shooting 56-51-74 on a 70%TS.

Klay Thompson is going for 52-48-81 on 65%TS

Insane numbers this early

edit:
original.png

How is YNB's USG so high already? WTF @ DMC

exarkun

My phone blows up routinely now from texts from my Spurs fans friends telling me about the second coming aka Splitter Has Arrived. Tonight one of them made a chart mapping his offensive production against Anthony Davis'. Shit is getting real.

Watching their games, you would never be able to tell that just three years ago he had no offensive game to speak of. But Anthony Davis good? Yassss, these Spurs are going nuts.

giri

My phone blows up routinely now from texts from my Spurs fans friends telling me about the second coming aka Splitter Has Arrived. Tonight one of them made a chart mapping his offensive production against Anthony Davis'. Shit is getting real.

Watching their games, you would never be able to tell that just three years ago he had no offensive game to speak of. But Anthony Davis good? Yassss, these Spurs are going nuts.

The spurs games are just dumb.

They have a point differential of +12

And most of their fourth quarters are being played with the 13th player on the floor and them taking their foot off the gas.

It's just nuts.

exarkun

The spurs games are just dumb.

They have a point differential of +12

And most of their fourth quarters are being played with the 13th player on the floor and them taking their foot off the gas.

It's just nuts.

Tbh, this is the season of the have and have nots. Sometimes I think teams aren't tanking because they need to, but because they realized they were going in the wrong direction for the last five years. Having a good coach, front office, or development system goes a loooong way now.

LuchaShaq

Banned
He has a point. Why should he take a pay cut to help a billionaire owner who will profit off of him?

If he wants to get overpaid by 10+ million great I'm all for him, in cba issues in all sports I'm with the players 90% of the time.

But you can't cripple your team financially and talk about how much you want to win and be a contender. This isn't baseball where doubling or tripling Kobe's real value doesn't really matter.

Can't have it both ways.

Just like Dwight wanting all the perks but none of the pressure of being a star in a big market.

Emwitus

If he wants to get overpaid by 10+ million great I'm all for him, in cba issues in all sports I'm with the players 90% of the time.

But you can't cripple your team financially and talk about how much you want to win and be a contender. This isn't baseball where doubling or tripling Kobe's real value doesn't really matter.

Can't have it both ways.

Just like Dwight wanting all the perks but none of the pressure of being a star in a big market.

This is the Lakers. He ain't crippling the team financially. They just got paid 2 billion dollars for a TV contract, he wants a piece of the pie. Its that simple really.

I'm sick and tired of this hoopla. How about the team makes a financial sacrifice? How about that? Since they will gain the most.

Don't even put Dwight in the same sentence as Kobe. He isn't half the superstar Kobe is.

Can't have it both ways.

the Lakers came to him with the offer and there was no negotiation. They believed this offer was enough to give them space to contend.

I'm not arguing they are right, because they probably aren't, and this was most likely mostly a business decision (keep Kobe in the family well beyond his retirement ala Magic because that brand is HUGE for them).

But if the team comes to Kobe and tells him this is the right amount of money to give him and contend, it's not Kobe's responsibility to understand the ins and outs of the cap and all that stuff and argue against it. What players understand the cba at all? Please.

This is all 100% on the Lakers organization. Kobe deserves no criticism for signing a deal offered to him in the least. Nor should any player.

linsivvi

the Lakers came to him with the offer and there was no negotiation. They believed this offer was enough to give them space to contend.

I'm not arguing they are right, because they probably aren't, and this was most likely mostly a business decision (keep Kobe in the family well beyond his retirement ala Magic because that brand is HUGE for them).

But if the team comes to Kobe and tells him this is the right amount of money to give him and contend, it's not Kobe's responsibility to understand the ins and outs of the cap and all that stuff and argue against it. What players understand the cba at all? Please.

This is all 100% on the Lakers organization. Kobe deserves no criticism for signing a deal offered to him in the least. Nor should any player.

You type all this and you know his history as a Lakers troll. Why are you wasting time?

i didn't realize how bad the EC is.

if the playoffs started today, only 3 teams would be over 500, and one of them is only 1 game over 500

this is just embarrassing

Yep, this is what I was ranting about last night.

Btw, Michael Jordan would have quit this joke of a conference two seasons ago to play baseball instead of padding stats against JV squads. If Lebron really wants to be considered in the same realm as Jordan, he should quit basketball for a couple of seasons and try to play Hockey.

Exokell

Banned
Yep, this is what I was ranting about last night.

Btw, Michael Jordan would have quit this joke of a conference two seasons ago to play baseball instead of padding stats against JV squads. If Lebron really wants to be considered in the same realm as Jordan, he should quit basketball for a couple of seasons and try to play Hockey.
you hate lebron so much that youre making a fan fiction lol

giri

Tbh, this is the season of the have and have nots. Sometimes I think teams aren't tanking because they need to, but because they realized they were going in the wrong direction for the last five years. Having a good coach, front office, or development system goes a loooong way now.

Except, there's a bunch of bad teams who really AREN'T tanking. Nets, Knicks, Wiz, Toronto, maybe even Detroit and the Cavs are legitimately NOT tanking. The bulls weren't...

Vahagn

Can't have it both ways.

Kobe: "There was no negotiation or any alternative deals offered. The first number I saw, I took"

"They really took care of me and I love this family, it makes me want to run through a wall for them"

Yea man, sounds like a real selfish asshole to me. How's about you stop living in your own alternative reality driven by an irrational viewpoint like this was Barack Obama and you were Glen Beck

And, a guy who's won 5 chips in 7 finals shouldn't have to be discussed as "not wanting to win" over a 2 year contract extension. That's like Warren Buffet deciding to take a few years off from investing and you saying he's not a real investor. Magic came back on a non contending Lakers team in the mid 90's does he not want to win? Jordan came back to play on a scrub Wizards team with no hope of chipping, is he just a stat padder playing to make money who's not really about winning?

Edit: Remember when the Lakers were going to the finals in 3 straight seasons and everyone said the league was weak? 8 WC playoff teams with 45-50 wins all 3 seasons. Weak my ass

K. Sorry Gaf, I'm done on this.

MVP

Banned
If Lebron really wants to be considered in the same realm as Jordan, he should quit basketball for a couple of seasons and try to play Hockey.

He's already better than Jordan, and why would he quit, he's too busy crushing the best teams in BOTH conferences...Pacers, Spurs, Thunder...you name them, and the Heat have ran right through them before. It's irrelevant how good or bad the Eastern conference is this early in the season, they're like 1 or 2 games behind the equivalent seeds in the West at this point, and like I already said, the Heat have shitted on the best teams in both conferences, and they were reaching the Finals anyway.

Vahagn

1 Michael Jordan $33,140,000
2 Ron Harper $4,560,000
3 Toni Kukoc $4,560,000
4 Dennis Rodman $4,500,000
5 Luc Longley $3,184,900
6 Scottie Pippen $2,775,000
7 Bill Wennington $1,800,000
8 Scott Burrell $1,430,000
9 Randy Brown $1,260,000
10 Robert Parish $1,150,000
11 Jason Caffey $850,920
12 Steve Kerr $750,000
13 Keith Booth $597,600
14 Jud Buechler $500,000
15 Joe Kleine $272,250

Salaries 1997-98 season. Salary Cap: roughly 28 million....also, who the hell was Scottie Pippen's agent Jesus! Jordan such a dick getting paid 12 times as much as Pippen

He's already better than Jordan, and why would he quit, he's too busy crushing the best teams in BOTH conferences...Pacers, Spurs, Thunder...you name them, and the Heat have ran right through them before.

you have a strange definition of crushing.

linsivvi

Salaries 1997-98 season. Salary Cap: roughly 28 million....also, who the hell was Scottie Pippen's agent Jesus! Jordan such a dick getting paid 12 times as much as Pippen

His contract was signed before the salary explosion, and it was a long deal. It was pretty great back when he signed, not so much once the NBA start making a lot more money from TV. Magic was signed 25 years for $25M.

With the state of the east teams like the Wizards and Pistons that have some actual talent really need to get their act together and start winning. Their opportunity is now, if you want to win prove it.

With the state of the east teams like the Wizards and Pistons that have some actual talent really need to get their act together and start winning. Their opportunity is now, if you want to win prove it.

It can go either way for us. Witt fucked up by playing a guy who literally just got back healthy from a stress injury in time for training camp by playing him an average of 40 fucking minutes a game.

They are saying Beal just needs two weeks but I'm skepticle. Witt is a fucking idiot.

Otto Durant is coming back along with Ariza which should help us a lot though.

Edit: Wiggins is 200 lbs? Lol dude isn't even close to filling out that frame. Kids definitely going #1 overall.

Why is MKG averaging so litlte minutes? I feel like the Bobcats never showcase their fucking draft picks.

LuchaShaq

Banned
This is the Lakers. He ain't crippling the team financially. They just got paid 2 billion dollars for a TV contract, he wants a piece of the pie. Its that simple really.

If this was baseball you would be correct, this is basketball where once you hit that tax you can't do shit but midlevels/minimum/draft.

This contract guarantees that the lakers ceiling the next 2 seasons after this is to be first round fodder.

1 Michael Jordan $33,140,000
2 Ron Harper $4,560,000
3 Toni Kukoc $4,560,000
4 Dennis Rodman $4,500,000
5 Luc Longley $3,184,900
6 Scottie Pippen $2,775,000
7 Bill Wennington $1,800,000
8 Scott Burrell $1,430,000
9 Randy Brown $1,260,000
10 Robert Parish $1,150,000
11 Jason Caffey $850,920
12 Steve Kerr $750,000
13 Keith Booth $597,600
14 Jud Buechler $500,000
15 Joe Kleine $272,250

Pippen signed a horrible contract and he deserved alot more money considering his production. It has zero relevance to today because the tax/cap situation. You might as well be posting shit about arena league football salaries or how much it costs netflix to add movies to streaming or the proper technique for making a souffle.

Top Bottom