• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Oct-Nov Season |OT| They can't hide the championship banners Forever

phalestine

aka iby.h
i like how he completely ignores two of his teammates who are already ahead of him

Haha yeah, I mean I understand why he didn't pass the ball at first. It was a chance to get a clear path in case he got fouled, but once he passed Gasol; there was a good distance between him and his teammates. All about them points I suppose.

He would go #1 next year while being able to play on a stacked Duke team.

It's a real possibility.

or maybe wilbon was spreading that shit because he thinks rose is dead and wants the bulls to tank next season

also marcus smart has been absurd this year, 21 ppg on 46% shooting, 4.2 spg and gets to the line an average of 9 times a game. he's a legit threat to crack that wiggins/parker/randle/exum group

Kidd always looks like a drug kingpin who just found out one of his shipments went missing.

Jason Kidd in a suit looks like Pitbull.. The resemblance is uncanny

748px-Pitbull_the_rapper.jpg

or maybe wilbon was spreading that shit because he thinks rose is dead and wants the bulls to tank next season

also marcus smart has been absurd this year, 21 ppg on 46% shooting, 4.2 spg and gets to the line an average of 9 times a game. he's a legit threat to crack that wiggins/parker/randle/exum group

I'm pretty sure he's already there. Exum's not gonna have anything to show for the next few months.

all I see is a point guard not being a point guard

stay free john

He's the second best assist man in the league lol

I'm not sure what to make of Smarts game at the NBA level. He should be a rich mans Dion Waiters at worst though.

30 points and 6 steals per 40 minutes on awesome efficiency, holy shit that's good.

KingGondo

Banned
I've been watching lots of Smart (being an Oklahoma State fan) and he's taken his game to another level. His shooting is improved and his defense is even better than it was last year, which is absurd.

I think he's locked himself into the top 5 barring injury, even this early in the season. It's obvious that he worked himself to death in the offseason to improve, and work ethic is one thing that always translates. Hell, he could go #1 if that team has a big need at PG.

It can go either way for us. Witt fucked up by playing a guy who literally just got back healthy from a stress injury in time for training camp by playing him an average of 40 fucking minutes a game.

They are saying Beal just needs two weeks but I'm skepticle. Witt is a fucking idiot.

Otto Durant is coming back along with Ariza which should help us a lot though.

Edit: Wiggins is 200 lbs? Lol dude isn't even close to filling out that frame. Kids definitely going #1 overall.

Why is MKG averaging so litlte minutes? I feel like the Bobcats never showcase their fucking draft picks.

Yeah, there's no excuse for Whittman's management of Beal's minutes. Retarded to the max. I don't think you guys can go either way though. Your bench is ass (mostly because of Maynor) but you're just too talented compared to the rest of the East to be below 500 this year. Swap Whittman for a competent coach (like Karl) and you'll be a top 4 seed by the end of the season.

And yeah MKG's lack of minutes infuriates me. He shows superstar defensive potential whenever he gets going. It's clear to anyone that knows basketball that he's our best all around player, but we for some reason would rather play a 2nd rounder who has looked like a bench reserve scrub more minutes. It's pretty much caused me to tune out the team really. It's either a tanking move or our front office really is as dumb as I always feared.

Smart is playing like an absolute beast, there's no way he's not a top 5 pick. His free throw and steal rate should have every gm in the top 5 salivating.

Vahagn

Pippen signed a horrible contract and he deserved alot more money considering his production. It has zero relevance to today because the tax/cap situation. You might as well be posting shit about arena league football salaries or how much it costs netflix to add movies to streaming or the proper technique for making a souffle.

He also signed the contract during an era where it was common for big name players to re-negotiate existing contracts because of how fast the revenues were booming. Magic signed a 25 year contract and re-negotiated that pretty damn quick.

In any case, you kept mentioning salary cap nonsense, and the Bulls total salary cap was somewhere around $29,000,000 which was below Jordan's salary, which meant they couldn't go out and get any big name free agents, or even good free agents, who would want to ring chase with them. And it also meant they couldn't re-negotiate Pippen's existing contract either. Keep spouting nonsense though.

Vahagn

I've been watching lots of Smart (being an Oklahoma State fan) and he's taken his game to another level. His shooting is improved and his defense is even better than it was last year, which is absurd.

I think he's locked himself into the top 5 barring injury, even this early in the season. It's obvious that he worked himself to death in the offseason to improve, and work ethic is one thing that always translates. Hell, he could go #1 if that team has a big need at PG.

Hate to say it man, but I really think Durant and Westbrook end up leaving the OKC Thunder. A lot of people thought Bron would stay in Cleveland because they were best record in the league twice but after he left it became clear that management did make some mistakes and they might not have been good enough to ever break through.

Trading Jeff Green for Perkins just to deal with LA's front court one year before the league went into super small ball and then trading away Harden are two huge mistakes in retrospect and the franchise might not be able to recover. Without another Finals Berth before they hit the FA market, I think it's likely one or both of the two leave for brighter lights and a bigger market.

tough to find a good nba comp for smart. his overall level of athleticism, ability to drive and take contact and sort of loose handle is reminiscent of harden. maybe a less athletic eric gordon with better intangibles? I dunno.

tough to find a good nba comp for smart. his overall level of athleticism, ability to drive and take contact and sort of loose handle is reminiscent of harden. maybe a less athletic eric gordon with better intangibles? I dunno.

The right comparison is Wade, he has a long way to go when it comes to creating for others to get there though.

KingGondo

Banned
Hate to say it man, but I really think Durant and Westbrook end up leaving the OKC Thunder. A lot of people thought Bron would stay in Cleveland because they were best record in the league twice but after he left it became clear that management did make some mistakes and they might not have been good enough to ever break through.

Trading Jeff Green for Perkins just to deal with LA's front court one year before the league went into super small ball and then trading away Harden are two huge mistakes in retrospect and the franchise might not be able to recover. Without another Finals Berth before they hit the FA market, I think it's likely one or both of the two leave for brighter lights and a bigger market.
9knl7q.gif

We were discussing Marcus Smart. Unless OKC plans on trading into the top 5 I'm not sure how he's relevant to the Thunder.

KD is under contract for 3 more seasons, YNB is under contract for 4. I'll start worrying at a later date.

You didn't hear?

Thunder won the trade

kind of srs

If the Thunder are still contending in 3 years Durant isn't going anywhere. His hometown team is set up perfectly to sign him when his deal is up though.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Yeah, there's no excuse for Whittman's management of Beal's minutes. Retarded to the max. I don't think you guys can go either way though. Your bench is ass (mostly because of Maynor) but you're just too talented compared to the rest of the East to be below 500 this year. Swap Whittman for a competent coach (like Karl) and you'll be a top 4 seed by the end of the season.

And yeah MKG's lack of minutes infuriates me. He shows superstar defensive potential whenever he gets going. It's clear to anyone that knows basketball that he's our best all around player, but we for some reason would rather play a 2nd rounder who has looked like a bench reserve scrub more minutes. It's pretty much caused me to tune out the team really. It's either a tanking move or our front office really is as dumb as I always feared.
MKG's minutes melt my face.

Biyombo too.

Omega

Banned
9knl7q.gif

We were discussing Marcus Smart. Unless OKC plans on trading into the top 5 I'm not sure how he's relevant to the Thunder.

KD is under contract for 3 more seasons, YNB is under contract for 4. I'll start worrying at a later date.

that gif was never more fitting

I re-read every post on this page and the last thinking he probably just quoted the wrong person

im still confused

MKG's minutes melt my face.

Biyombo too.

Biyombo has looked pretty good when he gets to play, when he and MKG are both on the floor our defense has been top 5 in the league in points allowed. Our offense though...is a thing of revulsion.

edit: I have to believe we're playing to our roster's weaknesses to get better at those things, otherwise..... :-|

Vahagn

that gif was never more fitting

I re-read every post on this page and the last thinking he probably just quoted the wrong person

im still confused

just my general opinion on the Thunder I was floating around to Gondo. I don't care about the draft in November lol. Just not a huge college bball fan!

Yea, John Wall ain't a PG, neither was Marbury or Steve Francis or AI and neither is Kyrie Irving.

How is Wall as a real PG even being debated?

Joke post?

There are three guys in the league with over 70 passes per game and that's Wall, Rubio, and Paul, and he's first in hockey assisted points per game and second in points per assist.

Pls tell me you're joking

Top Bottom