• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Oct-Nov Season |OT| They can't hide the championship banners Forever

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
NBA-GAF we have a problem.

Browsing through stuff on my tablet I came across Space Jam. So I proceed to ask my nephews if they have seen it. Now my nephews are in elementary school and currently playing basketball.

They both said no.

Then I said Michael Jordan is in the movie, and they both said who is that?

Then I said you really don't know who Michael Jordan is? They said no. I said the greatest basketball player of all time.

Then they proceeded to say that's Labron James.

In Elementary school I didnt know Jerry West Bill Russel and Wilt...

Why would they know?

I blame their uncle for not teaching them

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 4m
The NBA will fine Nets coach Jason Kidd $50,000 for his stunt with the dropped cup in loss to Lakers, league sources tell Yahoo.

Browsing through stuff on my tablet I came across Space Jam. So I proceed to ask my nephews if they have seen it. Now my nephews are in elementary school and currently playing basketball.

They both said no.

Then I said you really don't know who Michael Jordan is? They said no. I said the greatest basketball player of all time.

Played ball with a bunch of college kids last summer claiming Allen Iverson was the greatest player of all time. Feels weird running into kids these days at the park that know nothing of 90's NBA...

They both said no.

could be worse.. Your nephews could have said kobe is the goat.

masud

Banned
I wonder if Jason Kidd would come play for us again after he gets fired?
Not even sure how much of it is kidd's fault.

I mean, they took a long shot that KG and PP would be able to produce. They knew it was a gamble.

A 4 draft pick gamble (4!). New York basketball ladies and gentlemen.

fertygo

I saw some Jabari Parker highlight, pretty amazing.. its seem most of his point came from the post.. while that's good, isn't he projected to play SF in NBA?
He's a bit undersized to play PF in NBA.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I saw some Jabari Parker highlight, pretty amazing.. its seem most of his point came from the post.. while that's good, isn't he projected to play SF in NBA?
He's a bit undersized to play PF in NBA.

Watch more Jabari Parker

Has Riggin for Wiggins officially been swapped out in favor of Playin Sorry for Jabari?

I need to actually watch some college games, these mixtapes are misleading.

Jabari is fucking amazing. I would literally faint if we were in position to draft him. I'll probably be sitting on a couch when they do the lottery draw just in case.

Has Riggin for Wiggins officially been swapped out in favor of Playin Sorry for Jabari?

There's not that much separation in the top 6 right now with Wiggins, Parker, Randle, Embiid, Exum, and Smart.

Parker is going against an NBA level defensive player tonight so that would be a decent game to watch. Duke doesn't defend either so they're more interesting than other college basketball teams.

Emwitus

Not even sure how much of it is kidd's fault.

I mean, they took a long shot that KG and PP would be able to produce. They knew it was a gamble.
Kg /garnett needed rondo to function at a high level. Deron Williams is out and so is lopez. I don't think he gets fired until they come back.

Probably not. Wiggins is still barely 200 pounds at 6'8 and yet his college stats are still really solid for a freshmen.

It's going to probably be one of those things where a GM has to clench his teeth and kind of go on potential vs an established skillset, but I'd still take Wiggins over Jabari.

Vahagn

First of all, Wall is at 8.9 APG this season, not 8.5. Basketball reference lags behind. His injury dipped his assist average last year but he's pretty much an 8.4 APG career guy, while playing with one of the worst cast of players you could imagine for the majority of his short career.

He has 19.4 assist opportunities per game, second only to Pauls 22 per game.

Here's the list of guys who averaged over 8.5 APG for their careers: Magic, Stockton, CP, Big O, Isiah, Kevin Johnson, D-Will, Steve Nash, and....that's it.

So basically, your standard for being a true PG is to be a hall of famer. Lol, got it.

The bolded isn't even relevant to the conversation, so I'll dismiss that. I don't know what those guys have to do with Walls play.

How does Chris Grant have a job? Wow

Super late to this but

A) I never said I expected 8.5 APG for his whole career to consider him a true PG, I said for a SINGLE SEASON. Baby steps.

B) The bolded absolutely did have everything to do with the conversation because your original "argument" for why Wall is a true PG showed me a bunch of numbers from <20 games so far this season and those weren't on absolute numbers, They were rankings as compared to other PG's/Players so far, just like the bolded statement in your last response. This was your argument:

There are three guys in the league with over 70 passes per game and that's Wall, Rubio, and Paul, and he's first in hockey assisted points per game and second in points per assist.

So telling me he's 1st in the league in this, 3rd in the league in this, etc. is a weak argument when Rondo, Nash, Deron, Rose, and Westbrook are all injured or recovering from major surgery. PG Rankings over <20 games in that environment don't mean shit, which is why I went back to his APG over a single season numbers.

Vahagn

Tony Parker has never averaged 8 assists per game, fucking shooting guard.

No PG Under Pop has, that's just the system he runs. Same thing with the Triangle. Features dumping into the post and letting them take their time and work which usually negates assists. And in later years Pop was focused on creating all sorts of insanely unpredictable offensive sets and using Tony to facilitate the offense and score.

Regardless I think my point still stands, It's silly to point to a ~15 game sample size for a score first PG as him being a True PG, and it's silly to use rankings in relation to other PG's over A) ~15 games and B) When 5 of the best players at that position are out or injured. .

dude

act like you been here

Do you really think any of those guys other than Nash and Rondo are better at creating shots for others than Wall?

Lets not act like Deron isn't dead and Nash isn't broken either.

There's not that much separation in the top 6 right now with Wiggins, Parker, Randle, Embiid, Exum, and Smart.

Parker is going against an NBA level defensive player tonight so that would be a decent game to watch. Duke doesn't defend either so they're more interesting than other college basketball teams.

i have to echo faze that randle not having a single steal yet is a concern, that and he also seems the most like a "power guy bullying smaller college players who may not be able to do in the nba"

i have to echo faze that randle not having a single steal yet is a concern, that and he also seems the most like a "power guy bullying smaller college players who may not be able to do in the nba"

Those are definitely concerns and I would probably take him after Parker, Wiggins, and Embiid at this point but he's still produced a lot and it's early and he's still 2nd on most draft sites.

Top Bottom