• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Oct-Nov Season |OT| They can't hide the championship banners Forever

thekad

Banned
Well it looks like Dwight's gonna get the chance to have the offense run through him for the foreseeable future. I hope it won't be as ugly as I imagine.

‏@tomhaberstroh
It's Black Hole Friday at Per Diem! SportVU data exposes the NBA's biggest ball hogs and black holes: http://es.pn/1bvezU4 [$]

I LOVE that this was the picture used

nba_g_gayanthony_576x324.jpg

Smokey

Well it looks like Dwight's gonna get the chance to have the offense run through him for the foreseeable future. I hope it won't be as ugly as I imagine.

The team is pretty deep. Depth is one of it's strengths, but Lin was playing well in his bench mob role. Hopefully it doesn't turn out to be more serious.

giri

These wall arguments are hillarious.

Come back when he's better than Mike Conley first.(He's a long way away from that).

Well. You're right. Mike Conley actually knows what a winning season looks like.

But thats what i meant in that Wall isn't even close. He really isn't.

What does that have to do with individual players? I didn't know Mike Conley was scoring all the points, defending everyone and rebounding everything.

No one would expect a knick fan to understand.

I understand very well that Conley was a super complementary player for much of his career in Memphis. You had Tony Allen playing All NBA Defense, Marc Gasol playing like one of the top centers in the league, and Z Bo playing like a top 10 PF before the MCL injury. You also had Rudy Gay playing like an all star too. Do the teams you root for change like the weather?

I'm with DP here. I don't agree at all with saying "This player is X amount of good/bad because of his team success"

Sometimes it's applicable especially if you're clearly a black hole who drags everyone down but that doesn't apply to those we're talking about

giri

I understand very well that Conley was a super complementary player for much of his career in Memphis. You had Tony Allen playing All NBA Defense, Marc Gasol playing like one of the top centers in the league, and Z Bo playing like a top 10 PF before the MCL injury. You also had Rudy Gay playing like an all star too. Do the teams you root for change like the weather?

You're right on one thing. Conley is complimentary no matter how Memphis has changed their style.

He has a very good 3pt shot. He can play off the ball. And he doesn't NEED the ball to score. He can and he does run the offense for extended stretches. But on a team that has limited offensive weapons, and is usually carrying 2 players on offense (prince & allen) Conley makes up for them A LOT.

Because of his shot and ability to play off the ball, it allows them to maximize the offensive abilities of Marc Gasol, and means that teams have to not only scheme for a Conley based offense, but also one run through Marc.

Then you add in the fact that he's been a 2 way player for many seasons, completely selfless, and a great team mate, and has started hitting clutch shots, he's made him self one of the best pg's going around. He's been doing what Wall has for 15 games, for a long time, and doing a lot more. Together with Marc lead the team to the WCF, which actually means a hell of a lot. You can basically insert Conley into any team in the league and he'd be great for them. He might never be CP3, but i think he'd find great success on the Spurs and could replace TP. That should tell you a lot.

Wall has a 15 game stretch. Good for him. But one of the best or top 5? The wizzards are a sub .500 team in the east. No. He's not that good. He's not on conley's level. Let alone the other names being thrown around.

Then add in that Wall is on a Max contract. To earn that he needs to be putting up 20 & 10 and be a lot more efficient at it than he currently is.

It's a stupid argument, Wall hasn't actually done anything yet. Reminds me of the Bargnani 20 game stretch in February 4 years ago.

giri stop embarrassing yourself

writing essays about mike conley lmao

the conversation was if Wall is a pointguard, but please continue to keep on with whatever salt filled agenda you have and arguing over shit nobody was even talking about

giri

giri stop embarrassing yourself

writing essays about mike conley lmao

the conversation was if Wall is a pointguard, but please continue to keep on with whatever salt filled agenda you have and arguing over shit nobody was even talking about

I'm not the one defending max wall.

But i wasn't talking to you about your irrelevant argument.

Come back plz when wall can sniff conleys jockstrap.

I'm fairly certain if John Wall was allowed to be brought up with those players and coaching/system, he would be just as effective or even more. He just hasn't gotten the chance to even shine the way Conley's gotten to

You are giving one guy way too much credit and another too much simply for circumstances. John Wall's spent half his career around Andray Blatche and Javale fucking McGee

I'm fairly certain if John Wall was allowed to be brought up with those players and coaching/system, he would be just as effective or even more. He just hasn't gotten the chance to even shine the way Conley's gotten to

You are giving one guy way too much credit and another too much simply for circumstances. John Wall's spent half his career around Andray Blatche and Javale fucking McGee

Mike Conley had to start his career with Rudy Gay, Darko, and OJ Mayo though. Those guys aren't really awesome at team basketball or anything.

Conley is a bit more in control on both ends (and is a bit more efficient and better defensively because of it) while Wall uses more possessions. Both guys are good.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Starting lineup number 7.

One of these has to work. Right?

It's the same ish we went through with Byron. A new lineup every night.

Once we get this starting lineup running regularly:

Kyrie
Karasev
CJ
Tristan
Bynum

I think we'll be a much better team, offensively.

Spooks

It's the same ish we went through with Byron. A new lineup every night.

Once we get this starting lineup running regularly:

Kyrie
Karasev
CJ
Tristan
Bynum

I think we'll be a much better team, offensively.
Desperately need shooting And Karasev can bring it. Hope he has a good night.

Sergei Karasev starting at SG! COTY read my emails!

Holy shit, he's calling Iggy the worst piece of shit player, ever. Do the stats tell a tale?

Nope....played his best ball last year statistically during the playoffs. Averaged 18 a game shooting .500 from the field while averaging 8 boards , 5 dimes and 2 steals. Higher and more efficient than his regular season stats across the board.

Top Bottom