• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Oct-Nov Season |OT| They can't hide the championship banners Forever

lol i dont even...

All I know is its great to have the bball back.

0551_qpiv1.gif

WTF is Chuck talking about we need Oden? We need a guy who has terrible knees? I wish him the best, but we don't need him. Shaq is actually right this time. If Bosh and Wade play well, it doesn't matter at all. The reason Indy took us to 7 is because Wade was hurt and Bosh was always in foul trouble. PEACE.

The reason Indy took us to 7 is because Hibbert transformed into Olajuwon every other game. But yeah, if Wade/Bosh and LBJ click at the same time we're unbeatable. Provided 1 or 2 shooters show up. Oden is such a wildcard, I can only see him working in a big lineup. Rather have Birdman honestly.

giri

The reason Indy took us to 7 is because Hibbert transformed into Olajuwon every other game. But yeah, if Wade/Bosh and LBJ click at the same time we're unbeatable. Provided 1 or 2 shooters show up. Oden is such a wildcard, I can only see him working in a big lineup. Rather have Birdman honestly.

That and indy has the athletes to stay with the heat defensively.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Henry was one of those players who had all the tools to be great but never got any traction like G. Green..

Wonder if he will continue to be effective until Kobe steals his will to touch a basketball

Goddammit Clippers

Doesn't look like our 3 point defense has gotten any better from last year. What has definitely gotten worse is our ability to grab a defensive rebound. Jesus, 18 offensive rebounds? 7 to Hill and 4 to Kaman? Fucking Pirate Kaman?

Going from watching the Heat/Bulls game where teams know how to play defense and properly rotate to that clusterfuck was painful to watch. Hope Doc is still teaching basic drills in practice.

I didn't get a chance to watch much of the preseason but from what it sounds like it wasn't that amazing. Certainly not Boston circa 2008.

If we can slow down Monroe, I don't know how the Pistons are supposed to generate any sort of efficient offense against us.

By the same token I expect our offense to lag as the Pistons frontcourt should be the best in the league at cleaning up dribble penetration--Tall, ridiculously athletic players at the 3, 4 and 5 spot. I'm expecting a low scoring, high FTA, high assist night for Wall and for Beal to hit the twenties in scoring.

The Cavs should get ate up on paper. Other than Kyrie, they are going to get dumped on at every position on the court and AK is going to make Bennett look like a second round draft pick in the bench war.

Forever

Banned
The Cavs should get ate up on paper. Other than Kyrie, they are going to get dumped on at every position on the court and AK is going to make Bennett look like a second round draft pick in the bench war.
AK is probably resting for Friday. Not that I think we'll need him tonight.

Houston starting both Asik and Howard is going to make it borderline impossible for us to drive to the hoop, which is the strength of our offense. For us to have a chance to win this game we're going to have to get hot shooting the ball. If Zeller can make a few 18 foot jumpers to start the game to move D12 out of the paint and Hendo actually decides to take (and make) more than two 3's we'll have a chance. I feel good about us being able to defend everyone but Harden, so if he has a poor game and we shoot well (which is unlikely unfortunately) then we have a chance of spoiling Howard's first game in Houston.

Edit: I'm assuming Biyombo is starting, if Jefferson gets the nod I don't think we'll be able to pull it off.

Fox318

Laugh because it's pretty funny but Jordan would trade Jefferson and Gordon in a heartbeat for Kobe. Hell, he'd probably throw in Portland's first too. Kobe is like one of 3 players in the NBA that he actually respects.

Maybe Jordan can trade his family members too.

That way the cats might have competent management.

See, Lakers can't tank for shit! Just imagine how many meaningless wins you'll get when Kobe gets back.

Suns bid for Wiggins starts tonight. I didn't have any of the pre-season games so I'm not sure how much the Portland starters played when we won it...Portland better not try to redirect this tank.

Can we get rid of those shitty MVP avatars and make them do something else humiliating

let's be real who notices usernames first and not avatars when they see a post? it's confusing the shit out of me

MVP

Banned
Can we get rid of those shitty MVP avatars and make them do something else humiliating

let's be real who notices usernames first and not avatars when they see a post? it's confusing the shit out of me

Oh well Im sorry princess, I didn't know it was confusing you. If it bothers Your Highness, then I'll start working on something new.

JK they stay

Mxrz

Has Rose saved the league yet.

Didnt watch the Clippers/Lakers cause I thought it would be one sided. good grief.

effzee

Terrible game for AI to retire at tonight.

But man I miss the little guy. Basketball to me was never more fun then when AI was in his prime with Larry Brown. It was only 1 season and we didn't win the title but that 2001-02 season with the 10-0 start and finals appearance was magical.

Wish he finds a way to stay involved with the Sixers even though I never see him as a FO guy.

J. Bravo

Since when is Xavier Henry good? He sucked at KU, and was irrelevant the last few years in the NBA.

I remember when he came to KU he was so hyped up....and then wasn't. Somewhat like Josh Selby.

Top Bottom