• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Oct-Nov Season |OT| They can't hide the championship banners Forever

What a surprise, no responses to this lol

I'll do a short term avatar bet, 1 week. Or loser can't post in this thread for a week, or whatever, it doesn't matter. I just wanna spice up the game a bit, and I'm not gonna take the bet with some alter-ego or some user that posts once a month, I want the real shit talkers to step up.

The bet isn't even that the Heat are winning, that's a given. I'm betting that the Heat are winning by double digits. I realize I have to handicap to get cowards to accept.

You're practically a new member

What a surprise, no responses to this lol

I'll do a short term avatar bet, 1 week. Or loser can't post in this thread for a week, or whatever, it doesn't matter. I just wanna spice up the game a bit, and I'm not gonna take the bet with some alter-ego or some user that posts once a month, I want the real shit talkers to step up.

The bet isn't even that the Heat are winning, that's a given. I'm betting that the Heat are winning by double digits. I realize I have to handicap to get cowards to accept.

Bulls + 10

50 dollars.

A bunch of cute clever shit talking before a real man stepped up and put his money where his mouth is

image.php

The sweet spot is the 7/8 spot. Seems like every year one of those two gets a top three selection.

Yeah, that is going to have no influence whatsoever on this year's lottery. Random events can occur in the short-term in a way that looks like a trend, but has no bearing on long-term reality and is just randomness. It is absolutely better, in terms of possibly getting a top 3 pick, to have the 4th or 5th worst record than the 7th or 8th worst record.

Forever

Banned

I don't really care which of those two teams wins, but the Heat are not winning by double digits. I'll take the one week avatar bet.

MVP

Banned
I don't really care which of those two teams wins, but the Heat are not winning by double digits. I'll take the one week avatar bet.

Done.

So I have $100 with Dark Faze that the Bulls aren't winning by 10+, and a one week avatar bet that the Heat ARE winning by double digits.

Any chance of Bynum? I want KG and Brook to have something to chew on.

Bynum won't play, best case scenario is he comes back a month from now playing limited minutes. KG and Brook will have all they can handle going up against Anderson Varejao and Tristan Thompson, they're one of the best rebounding front courts in the league.

MVP

Banned
Every post on neogaf for one week

Ok, so deals on tonight's game:

Dark Faze loses $100 tonight when Bulls don't win by double digits.
Forever uses an avatar of my choice for a week when the Heat win by double digits.
MCXC Pioneer signs all his posts for a week with "MVP is an NBA-GAF Legend. Never question the MVP" after the Heat win.

Ok, so deals on tonight's game:

Dark Faze loses $100 tonight when Bulls don't win by double digits.
Forever uses an avatar of my choice for a week when the Heat win by double digits.
MCXC Pioneer signs all his posts for a week with "MVP is an NBA-GAF Legend. Never question the MVP" after the Heat win.

typo?

It's if the Heat don't win by more than 10 points

Bwahahahahaha.

Uh, Anderson Varejao was playing at an All-Star level before going down for the season with a freak injury. The guy was leading the league in rebounding and averaging a double double. Tristan Thompson is an elite rebounder and post defender, once Varejao went down he had a break out second half of the season and averaged a double double. Over the summer he switched his shooting hand (from left to right) and is much improved from the line. Also, if you've bothered to watch any preseason games, you'd know that he's got a jump shot now.

Why are the Nuggets starting Magic Randolph at SF next to Hickson and JaVale? Why are Faried and Wilson Chandler and Evan Fournier coming off the bench? I guess Shaw doesn't want to change up the bench unit when Gallinari gets back, but he's not going to be at full strength for a while...

edit: Wilson Chandler is out, but starting Magic Randolph at SF still seems pretty nuts.

Forever

Banned
Uh, Anderson Varejao was playing at an All-Star level before going down for the season with a freak injury. The guy was leading the league in rebounding and averaging a double double. Tristan Thompson is an elite rebounder and post defender, once Varejao went down he had a break out second half of the season and averaged a double double. Over the summer he switched his shooting hand (from left to right) and is much improved from the line. Also, if you've bothered to watch any preseason games, you'd know that he's got a jump shot now.

Don't tell me you want to make a bet on the outcome.

Top Bottom