• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Oct-Nov Season |OT| They can't hide the championship banners Forever

thekad

Banned
The brief tenure of Gersson Rosas in the Dallas Mavericks' front office is over.

Sources close to the situation told ESPN.com that the Mavericks and Rosas parted company Tuesday on the eve of Dallas' season opener against Atlanta, just over three months after Rosas was hired away out of the Rockets' front office.

The reasons for the abrupt parting, sources said, are not immediately known.

The Mavericks hired Rosas in July to bring a new voice to the front-office team spearheaded by longtime president of basketball operations Donnie Nelson and Keith Grant, whose association with the franchise dates to Dallas' inaugural season in 1980-81.

Rosas, 35, worked his way from an intern to executive vice president of basketball operations in Houston and was one of three members of the Rockets' front office to be poached by other teams during the offseason.

A native of Colombia, Rosas was initially targeted by the Mavericks to bolster their pro and college scouting efforts after working extensively with the Rockets' successful D-League franchise.

He must have been pissed once they signed Have It All.

MVP

Banned
Do you not know what a point spread is?

smh

nah cancel the bet

cornball shit

Ok so lay me 2 to 1 that they cover...You give me $100 if the Heat win by 10+, I give you $50 if they don't. Sounds fair now that you're starting to get cold feet as expected lol

Don't tell me you want to make a bet on the outcome.

Obviously I'm not going to bet on the game, all I did was hit you with facts when you laughed at me saying Varejao and Thompson will give Lopez and Garnett trouble. Nets have a much deeper and talented roster overall.

diehard

Fleer
Ok so lay me 2 to 1 that they cover...You give me $100 if the Heat win by 10+, I give you $50 if they don't. Sounds fair now that you're starting to get cold feet as expected lol

Bulls are a +2.5 in vegas.

Only a fucking idiot would take that bet.

okay guys i'll bet you 50 bucks the heat will win by 10, you give me 500 bucks if they lose but if they don't lose by more than 10 then you have to give me 50 more bucks while i give you 10 bucks if they win by more than 5

MVP

Banned
Bulls are a +2.5 in vegas.

Only a fucking idiot would take that bet.

But I was expected to take some dumb ass 72-10 bet?

I'll tell you what Dark, since I was the one that misunderstood, I'll take the original $100 even bet on the Heat winning by double digits. It's still an easy hundo for me, but I thought you were as crazy as someone who came by earlier saying the Bulls were winning by double digits.

I seriously doubt your older than 18.

I'm 29, how old are you? I'll wait.

Forever

Banned
Obviously I'm not going to bet on the game, all I did was hit you with facts when you laughed at me saying Varejao and Thompson will give Lopez and Garnett trouble. Nets have a much deeper and talented roster overall.
I'm not sold on Thompson. I read that terribly written article about him on Fearthesword where they're trying to hype him up as the next all-star PF but it's going to take more than one good preseason to make that case. Varejao gets hurt every year and we'll probably never know how good he can really be.

We'll see.

SOON.

But I was expected to take some dumb ass 72-10 bet?

I'll tell you what Dark, since I was the one that misunderstood, I'll take the original $100 even bet on the Heat winning by double digits. It's still an easy hundo for me, but I thought you were as crazy as someone who came by earlier saying the Bulls were winning by double digits.

The bet isn't even that the Heat are winning, that's a given. I'm betting that the Heat are winning by double digits. I realize I have to handicap to get cowards to accept.

Your mouth got you into this bruh, but props for accepting your mistake and accepting the terms you agreed to. Only reason I said +10 is because you basically laid the terms out in the above quote.

Also, it's not double digits. Its 11. I said Bulls + 10. So if the Heat win by 10, pay me. If they win by 11+, I pay you.

Thanks for manning up.

MVP

Banned
Your mouth got you into this bruh, but props for accepting your mistake and accepting the terms you agreed to. Only reason I said +10 is because you basically laid the terms out in the above quote.

Also, it's not double digits. Its 11. I said Bulls + 10. So if the Heat win by 10, pay me. If they win by 11+, I pay you.

Thanks for manning up.

The above quote was in regards to a one week avatar bet or non-posting bet, not a straight up money bet. I don't like to do stupid bets for real money if the price isn't right, but just to kill all this dumb shit, I'll still take the bet and feel confident about it.

So:

Dark Faze loses $100 tonight when Heat win by 11 or more.
Forever uses an avatar of my choice for a week when the Heat win by 10 or more.
MCXC Pioneer signs all his posts for a week with "MVP is an NBA-GAF Legend. Never question the MVP" after the Heat win.

Any other objections?

I'm not sold on Thompson. I read that terribly written article about him on Fearthesword where they're trying to hype him up as the next all-star PF but it's going to take more than one good preseason to make that case. Varejao gets hurt every year and we'll probably never know how good he can really be.

We'll see.

SOON.

FTS wasn't trying to hype him up as an All-Star PF, just saying that the potential is there. The kid averaged a double double his second year in the league and is an elite post defender. I know you haven't bothered to watch any Cavs preseason games or film but he's developing a mid-range jumper, putting the ball on the deck more, getting to the line, and hitting a higher percentage of his free throw attempts. Varejao has to stay healthy for an entire year but he's already played at an All-Star level before. Plus with Bynum, Zeller, Sims, Clark, and Bennett in the rotation, he won't have to log heavy minutes on those knees.

Nets will win tomorrow but it will be closer than you think.

2K_6-634x495.jpg

all over my chest

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
The fact that you're still catching feelings over Forever's Superior Thread sustains me.

Nobody caught feelings. Forever had to learn a thing or two. It was basically you and Pimp that had all the feelings caught in the world wanting to show me up, and yet, here you two are.

Burns good, don't it?

Nori Chan

I bet you bobcats gaf my avi for life that the bobcats won't get a top 3 pick this year.

Dy come at me

not sure if srs doe

reilo

KBergCBS: League source confirms the Mavs have fired GM Gersson Rosas only three months after hiring him.
KBergCBS: Rosas had been poached from the Rockets' front office to work under Donnie Nelson, who relinquished GM role and became president.

Fjordson

So glad the NBA is back. Can't wait for the Warriors home opener tomorrow. Hopefully it goes better than last year's opener (Brandon Rush blowing out his knee en route to a loss to the Grizzlies).

reilo

I didn't write this, but it's almost as if I could have!

dLBKTsr.jpg

methodman

Banned
So glad the NBA is back. Can't wait for the Warriors home opener tomorrow. Hopefully it goes better than last year's opener (Brandon Rush blowing out his knee en route to a loss to the Grizzlies).

Yeah, I remember that. Fucking Randolph undercut him for no reason.

I hope Steph continues his play from the second half of the season and the playoffs, this year. Can't wait to watch us with Andre Igoudala in the starting lineup.

Harrison Barnes is going to miss the first two games with a foot injury and is going to be day-to-day after that. Damn

lulz at all of you squabbling over the first game of the year

it's late october who gives a shit

no popeyes tonight then?

82-0 cancelled

i agree though, only LeBron will show up tonight, everyone else on the heat will be in cruise control.

Rose will do everything he can to win tonight, count on it.

Top Bottom