• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Oct-Nov Season |OT| They can't hide the championship banners Forever

10 TO's is a lot but CP3 has 6 himself. I think Curry will get better at not turning it over as the season goes on. But damn, tonight has been sloppy.

Curry's been a TO machine throughout his whole career...

I mean tonight's obviously an aberration but he still turns over the ball way too much.

AcridMeat

Banned
Curry's been a TO machine throughout his whole career...

I mean tonight's obviously an aberration but he still turns over the ball way too much.
That's true but his passing is great, that dish to Bogut is a quick example. He just needs to be in a better headspace for these turnovers. He's super anxious.

AcridMeat

Banned
I can't wait for Barnes' first game. I hope he starts, too. Team needs depth and having Igoudala as the solid 6th man would be fantastic.

AcridMeat

Banned
The Warriors didn't make all those moves to have Andre come off the bench dude.
That's why I said hope, not will. The team had some great chemistry last playoffs and he was awesome at the 3. So yeah it's not likely, but it'd be smart in my mind. Then again he's got a double double tonight and he's a solid passer so he could help Klay and Steph get open shots definitely.

Fjordson gets it.

edit: THAT SUIT!!!

Oh no doubt he's a good passer...but he's careless with the ball.
Tonight he has been careless but statistics don't back up the claim that he's been turnover prone his whole career. Like I said earlier, his career average TO rate is exactly 3.0 per game. CP3 is at 2.4, Parker is at 2.5, Rondo is at 2.8, Rose is at 2.9, D-Will is at 3.1, Kyrie is at 3.2, Westbrook is at 3.5...I could go on.

I can't wait for Barnes' first game. I hope he starts, too. Team needs depth and having Igoudala as the solid 6th man would be fantastic.

Why would you want Iggy to come off the bench, he can't score off the bench. Barnes or Klay off the bench would be ideal.

I noticed that the Clippers took away Curry's dump off to Lee/Bogut on the freethrow line extended, yet Curry kept throwing it carelessly for TO's. Hopefully the coaching staff realizes that pass is no longer an automatic one.

Doc wont be able to erradicate Lob City. He can try, but he will enjoy it too much (when its working, of course) to do something about it. That was quite a good game tonight!

Edgeward

Well, that was a fun game. Hope things improve though. People moved in the offense less as the game rolled on. And uh, defense would be nice at some point.

Tonight he has been careless but statistics don't back up the claim that he's been turnover prone his whole career. Like I said earlier, his career average TO rate is exactly 3.0 per game. CP3 is at 2.4, Parker is at 2.5, Rondo is at 2.8, Rose is at 2.9, D-Will is at 3.1, Kyrie is at 3.2, Westbrook is at 3.5...I could go on.

Those guys you listed dominate possessions...Curry on the other hand has never been given that kind of responsibility throughout his career thus far. Ball went through Monta when he was here and last year it was Jack playing point at least half of the time. It's not as if Curry has bad handles either (I mean he's not fast but he's shifty enough with his cross overs). His problem is that he makes really careless passes at times.

I wasn't expecting a win tonight anyways. Back to back away game against a rested playoff caliber team...Hopefully we bounce back next time... either way, will be a fun matchup to watch throughout the year.

AcridMeat

Banned
Why would you want Iggy to come off the bench, he can't score off the bench. Barnes or Klay off the bench would be ideal.

I noticed that the Clippers took away Curry's dump off to Lee/Bogut on the freethrow line extended, yet Curry kept throwing it carelessly for TO's. Hopefully the coaching staff realizes that pass is no longer an automatic one.
He can be a facilitator though. In my mind that's more important than having whatshisface run the point.

methodman

Banned
Those guys you listed dominate possessions...Curry on the other hand has never been given that kind of responsibility throughout his career thus far. Ball went through Monta when he was here and last year it was Jack playing point at least half of the time. It's not as if Curry has bad handles either (I mean he's not fast but he's shifty enough with his cross overs). His problem is that he makes really careless passes at times.
Yeah he's definitely careless. A lot of his turnovers are him just not thinking before making the pass. He's a great Passer but he's just so lackadaisical sometimes.

We really miss Harrison Barnes coming off the bench for us. He can easily get 15+ per and that's a huge boost for our offense.

AcridMeat

Banned
I still don't get the Douglas pickup especially when Bazemore pretty much does the same thing.
Fuck that I forgot about Bazey BB.

Black Flacon Bazemore taking it to the cup. Suit up your helmets and get your baseball sticks. It's 2014 nba champ for the DUBS

o god i just read that ive been drinking

I wasn't expecting a win tonight anyways. Back to back away game against a rested playoff caliber team...Hopefully we bounce back next time... either way, will be a fun matchup to watch throughout the year.

They initiate the offense but don't dominate possessions outside of Rose and Westbrook. Irving only does so because he had no help until this year. Curry sees minutes at the point comparable to the players I listed. He has averaged 31 MPG the last 2 seasons as the primary ball handeler. Jack ran point with Curry at the 2 for way less minutes than you think last year.

Top Bottom