• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Pre-Season |OT| Nobody won more with less than Lebron. Maybe Phil Jackson

MVP

Banned
I know it's like arguing with a developmentally disabled child

And I know you're an idiot because you think

The Bulls at full strength the last couple years were a better defensive team than Miami.

Don't give any more opinions and stop while you're ahead. When the Bulls win meaningless games against Miami, they're the greatest show on Earth, and when they get demolished in the playoffs, the excuses pour in.

"hey lakerfans, you aint getting shit next summer"
1268145_10153386089375341_1042544283_o.jpg

smh kobe, smh.

Atmosphere was lax at Verizon tonight. Saw Deron warming up earlier so he can't be too banged up...same with Terry.

Vesely is...strong now. He looks noticeably bigger. He's still fouling for no reason though. Difference before though was that he wasn't strong enough to defend guys, now it's just him swatting at shit like he's prime Mutumbo.

Main thing I noticed with the Nets is how huge their starters are. They might be too big if that's possible. I think they'll get sucked into a lot of iso ball.

Brook and AK will be the best players on the team imo.

The Wiz were solid. Only player I disliked was Maynor. Hes one of those guys you can tell us trying to think the game too much. It's good not to make bad decisions, but he starts passing up good looks only to reset the offense again and waste the clock.

Forever

Banned
Atmosphere was lax at Verizon tonight. Saw Deron warming up earlier so he can't be too banged up...same with Terry.

Vesely is...strong now. He looks noticeably bigger. He's still fouling for no reason though. Difference before though was that he wasn't strong enough to defend guys, now it's just him swatting at shit like he's prime Mutumbo.

Main thing I noticed with the Nets is how huge their starters are. They might be too big if that's possible. I think they'll get sucked into a lot of iso ball.

The Wiz were solid. Only player I disliked was Maynor. Hes one of those guys you can tell us trying to think the game too much. It's good not to make bad decisions, but he starts passing up good looks only to reset the offense again and waste the clock.
Our ball movement with the starters looked great to me, I think size can only help us. Gotta give Glen Rice Jr. credit though, he looked very smooth out there for a rookie and gave us some extra basketball to watch.

What did you think of Blatche's performance?

trollface_small_normal2pl7.png

J. Bravo

I see that Tyshawn Taylor had a meaningful game tonight.

Cautiously optimistic he'll get more than garbage time this year.

Forever

Banned
I see that Tyshawn Taylor had a meaningful game tonight.

Cautiously optimistic he'll get more than garbage time this year.

I was ready to give up on him after watching him in summer league but it looks like training camp did him some good.

Finally back from an involuntary forum sabbatical just in time to support the Empire of Righteousness. Can't believe we didn't keep Neal, but the west is looking pretty soft.

Nets had good ball movement. The offense looks way better than it did last year.

Our ball movement with the starters looked great to me, I think size can only help us. Gotta give Glen Rice Jr. credit though, he looked very smooth out there for a rookie and gave us some extra basketball to watch.

What did you think of Blatche's performance?

trollface_small_normal2pl7.png

We booed the ever loving shit out of Blatche. He bounced back a bit after the half but I was mostly blown away by how terrible his shot selection was. Same old Blatche really.

Yall have a nice squad though. Brook especially just looked like such a handful. Joe looked...I've never seen him in person before but he looks like a fucking tank this year. Like he added some muscle but dropped the fat.

Was really impressed by Teletovic and AK...I have no idea how the wolves let AK go...the guy looked so smart and athletic.

Taylor is mostly shit. Got a lot of buckets because we only have one center on the team. There wasn't a single possession where it looked like he could bother Wall at all but he'll rarely play against the top guards so his bad D should be less pronounced.

Overall I like the Nets a lot this year though. Especially if they give Brook a lot of touches they'll be a handful.

And yea Rice was a steal.

dalVlatko

Cavs looked good last night.

Bennett looks out of shape and struggled with his jumper but then again he is coming back from an injury so I'm not any more worried.

Mike Brown already has the team playing more defense than Byron Scott ever did but I hope it carries over into the regular season and its not just them caring more than other teams about preseason. He called two timeouts in a minute of game time because of blown assignments lol.

Milwaukee looked like they were warming up for the Riggin' for Wiggins campaign. Giannis looked good though

One thing I forgot to mention was Kidd...not sure what the protocol with coaches is in preseason but there was definitely some mikebrownisntcoaching.gif shit going on...He and Deron were cracking jokes on the regular...

The team is either going to be the most tight knit team in the league or fall into chaos. I'm betting on the former due to the quality of the squad and the vets on hand but I'm still uneasy about the Kidd hire.

you're trying way too hard sport.
you're officially javale mcgee.

Nah, at least Javale McGee has improved his game ever so slightly.

Also, Nash made a sick over the shoulder drop off pass to Kaman last night for the dunk. I know, pre-season LOL, but I actually think Kaman will gel nicely with Nash and Gasol.

Eleuin

One thing I forgot to mention was Kidd...not sure what the protocol with coaches is in preseason but there was definitely some mikebrownisntcoaching.gif shit going on...He and Deron were cracking jokes on the regular...

The team is either going to be the most tight knit team in the league or fall into chaos. I'm betting on the former due to the quality of the squad and the vets on hand but I'm still uneasy about the Kidd hire.
its clear the assistant coaches run the actual basketball aspect of the team but they are damn good so I wouldn't worry

Nah, at least Javale McGee has improved his game ever so slightly.

Also, Nash made a sick over the shoulder drop off pass to Kaman last night for the dunk. I know, pre-season LOL, but I actually think Kaman will gel nicely with Nash and Gasol.

I hate how decent they look. They're gonna fuck around and get that 9 seed.

Nene is still hurt.

"My knee is still sore. My foot still hurts a little bit. Just trying to push (through)," said Nene, who didn't play basketball during the off-season and opted for rehabilitation. "The therapy is making me feel better."

Probably deserves one of those "SHOCKING NEWS" tags I suppose.

Top Bottom