• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Pre-Season |OT| Nobody won more with less than Lebron. Maybe Phil Jackson

zychi

Banned
So on paper, is OKC the favorite in the West? Old man Spurs? Or Hou?

I think OKC is the favorite in my head, I have no justifiable reason as to why tho

I really just want to post this.

iM67dLBvOzdWJ.gif

You think the Clips can get there? They're still one of the worst defensive teams aren't they?
their front court is garbage defensively, yeah. but the pieces they added over the off season are too nice for me not to think that they can't get to the WCF.

edit: Grizzlies are another maybe contender, only if they don't get matched up with the spurs so pop can't mindfuck Z bo

Bottom line, Clips lost Del Negro and added Doc. That alone gets them to the WCF IHMO, unless the team gets some injuries or revolts against Rivers.

h3ro

It is only one preseason game. Lemme see him do this after 5-10 regular season games.
Agreed.

I'm also hoping he doesn't end the year in a different uniform. These rumors about Dolan not liking him and the new Dolan crony GM makes me leery of him getting dealt for filth.

Nene is still hurt.

Probably deserves one of those "SHOCKING NEWS" tags I suppose.

yea....

It's disappointing. His time in Washington aside it's hard to say why he's underachieved so much in his career. He definitely had hall of fame potential. Elite first step, extremely strong, can hit free throws, can hit the jumper, can give you some stuff in the post. He should have been a bulkier version of prime Amare with the ability to actually defend his position.

He can still help the Wiz to accomplish what they want. To basically change the culture of the team, make the playoffs and basically improve the reputation of the franchise enough so that when he bails we can actually lure decent free agents.

Damn Wallace is really good at flopping. Carmelo and Woodson were laughing at that one, I doubt they would if this was December.

Can you get fined in preseason?

EDIT: Faverani is nice.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Wallace is probably one of the best flop-artists in the past 10 years. He was a damned good defender in all aspects, but when he felt the time was right... #shottaz

Wallace is probably one of the best flop-artists in the past 10 years. He was a damned good defender in all aspects, but when he felt the time was right... #shottaz
Wallace looks like he lost 10 pounds, haven't seen him this healthy in years. I wonder how long it lasts.

Things are worse than I thought actually.

“They played physical with me. Jesus, man,” said Nene, who started at center in place of Emeka Okafor (herniated disk). “That’s the time I miss Emeka, but it’s fine. You seen Lopz? It seems like Reggie been teaching Lopz to hold people on the block. It’s hard to have energy for him because he just does one thing (demonstrates a hold). Just plays physical. I’m not that kind of guy.”

I mean, I had amazing seats at this game and Brook wasn't doing much of anything to him other than boxing him out and giving him some hooks inside. And he barely played anyway.

The crazy thing about it is that Nene looks like a fucking tank. The way he dunks the ball and shits on people routinely while giving seemingly zero effort and then he comes out of games acting like he's been shot...

DY_nasty

Wallace looks like he lost 10 pounds, haven't seen him this healthy in years.

He may as well be a zombie at this point. Suffered every non-call a new franchise basketball team can take, breathed the cursed Portland air, used up and cast aside by a Russian billionaire...

He is dead.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
He may as well be a zombie at this point. Suffered every non-call a new franchise basketball team can take, breathed the cursed Portland air, used up and cast aside by a Russian billionaire...

He is dead.

damn man you got me feeling sorry for wallace.... Then again he is making about 10 million a year to be a walking husk... so eh

Forever

Banned
Things are worse than I thought actually.

I mean, I had amazing seats at this game and Brook wasn't doing much of anything to him other than boxing him out and giving him some hooks inside. And he barely played anyway.

The crazy thing about it is that Nene looks like a fucking tank. The way he dunks the ball and shits on people routinely while giving seemingly zero effort and then he comes out of games acting like he's been shot...

To be fair Lopez weighs 290 now and looks fucking huge. Although yeah saying shit like that makes you sound soft.

Oh, you might like this.

1374315_10152291862694616_599421825_n.jpg

DY_nasty

damn man you got me feeling sorry for wallace.... Then again he is making about 10 million a year to be a walking husk... so eh

He's had over 9 concussions.

He wasn't even 'allowed' to play PF during his last years in Charlotte because of it.

Top Bottom