• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Pre-Season |OT| Nobody won more with less than Lebron. Maybe Phil Jackson

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
given there was no live feed for the game, you saw nothing.

you're a terrible liar darkside.

Yeah I saw a bunch of guys tweeting about the game and the box score. Its pretty much the same shit. He destroyed us.

And it was on the radio. I listened to a couple minutes on the way home.

JoeFu

Banned
They looked awesome together. Dirk and Monta have looked better together these two preseason games than mayo and Dirk did at any point last season. I think Montas game will fit even better with Dirk than Jets game did

I'm trying not to get hyped, but they're looking promising together. Can't wait for the regular season to start.

Smokey

Lin sucks. Only concern with bev being a starter is can he keep up that style of play playing starters minutes. It's easy to do in spurts.

Lin is prob 4th best pg on this team sry darkside

Branduil

They looked awesome together. Dirk and Monta have looked better together these two preseason games than mayo and Dirk did at any point last season. I think Montas game will fit even better with Dirk than Jets game did

Well it's hard not to look better than nothing.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Lin sucks. Only concern with bev being a starter is can he keep up that style of play playing starters minutes. It's easy to do in spurts.

Morey knows that too... shit morey probably knew that all along. People forget man the rockets weren't trying to compete when they got lin.... they just wanted a cash cow.

No way did Morey know the Thunder would lose their mind regarding Hardin and Dwight was going to bitchout of LA. When Morey says their incomplete .... getting a good PG is what he means. They get a good PG I say they are WCF bound.

charsace

Good thing you guys over paid him to get him off the Knicks.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Poor Lin. Even Rockets fans wont support the guy. Whatever he'll prove everybody wrong.

http://espn.go.com/nba/preview2013/story/_/id/9799467/roy-hibbert-tim-duncan-workout-partners

I know most folks think the Bulls are the best shot at stopping the Heat in the East but I still think the Pacers have the best shot just because the Heat can't match up. And there is no way their bench is as awful as it was last year - DJ Augustin ain't walking through the door.

charsace

Poor Lin. Even Rockets fans wont support the guy. Whatever he'll prove everybody wrong.

http://espn.go.com/nba/preview2013/story/_/id/9799467/roy-hibbert-tim-duncan-workout-partners

I know most folks think the Bulls are the best shot at stopping the Heat in the East but I still think the Pacers have the best shot just because the Heat can't match up. And there is no way their bench is as awful as it was last year - DJ Augustin ain't walking through the door.

Bobcats destroyed DJ. He looked good and like a different player in his rookie year. Since then he has look really timid on the court. I remember the Knicks wanted to give up something like a first for him in his second season and Bobcat fans were saying it wasn't enough.

Forever

Banned
gkJs.gif

He avg six last season.

82 games with Harden netted six. So you would imagine the starting PG would get a couple more due to Dwight.

Going from averaging 6 to 9 is a pretty big jump, period, especially for a guy who is mostly going to be off ball and will have Beverly take more minutes from him

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!

http://deadspin.com/sources-magic-johnson-left-espn-because-of-bill-simmon-1443543687

ESPN sources tell us that Johnson's departure was the result of an old-fashioned power war, with one very clear winner: Bill Simmons. "It's Simmons's show now," said one source.

Magic apparently was not at all happy when ESPN told his buddy Michael Wilbon that his role on NBA Countdown would be diminished. He was "booted," according to one source. Another ESPN insider also said that Magic was "privately seething over the Wilbon thing and in general did not like that Simmons held all the power and influence." Magic didn't necessarily need the power, our sources explained; he just didn't feel like kowtowing to Simmons when he's, well, Magic Johnson.

"The bottom line is they turned that show over to Simmons," said our source. "That's why Doug Collins got hired and why Wilbon was out."

Yeah you can tell that there's a little tension there sometimes but I never thought it'd be anything personal. The two of them clearly clash on basketball philosophies (Magic is more rah rah and Simmons is more analytic/body language guy)

At least I don't have to hear Wilbon call him "Earvin" anymore like he thinks he's the hot shit

or to hear him call the trophy the LAWRENCE o'brien trophy

jjasper

This is for the best considering neither one of them had any clue about what was going on in the NBA.

Hopefully Sources is next

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I like Doris Burke.

Not even ashamed to admit it.

JoshuaBRobbins
The #Orlando #Magic will honor Tracy McGrady during the team's home opener on Nov. 1.

Also glad to see the Magic do this. Best player in franchise history deserves a nice send off.

I like Doris Burke.

Not even ashamed to admit it.

I like her too, I think she's great and knowledgeable and actually isn't a bad color play by play, I'm just not sure she would mesh with Simmons and co. in the way I would like to

I don't take their pre-game/post-game stuff too seriously so I just like for them to have fun...while not being ridiculously stupid

I like her too, I think she's great and knowledgeable and actually isn't a bad color play by play, I'm just not sure she would mesh with Simmons and co. in the way I would like to

I don't take their pre-game/post-game stuff too seriously so I just like for them to have fun...while not being ridiculously stupid

Bill doesn't want to have fun.

I think he is angling for a post game show too.

ESPN employees don't bother me all that much, would've been whatever if Magic stayed, but the one person who is there who is worthless and dare I say only around to fulfill a quota is Jemele Hill

I still remember that one episode of First Take where they talked about A-Rod getting beaned in Boston and she's the one person that said "I am thankful somebody FINALLY did what I wanted them to do! Thank you Ryan Dempster!"

and Michael Smith and Skip were like "....so you're okay with him getting hit by a 90 MPH ball even though he's going through a process still?"

followed by 10 minutes of backtracking nonsense

Lin is gonna have to wrangle that starting spot from whatever bum snatches it from him before we even talk about dude sniffing a double double.

Nori Chan

I'll never forget when Magic suggested that the whole lakers team should read 50 shades of grey to become closer.

We love you magic.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Bobcats destroyed DJ. He looked good and like a different player in his rookie year. Since then he has look really timid on the court. I remember the Knicks wanted to give up something like a first for him in his second season and Bobcat fans were saying it wasn't enough.
It was Landry Fields.

DJ Asukastin is still better than that sack of shit.

Top Bottom