• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Pre-Season |OT| Nobody won more with less than Lebron. Maybe Phil Jackson

I love KG already. You never saw this kind of energy from the bench before.

eIraZw0.jpg

more people on that bench than in the whole arena

I'm excited to see Dallas play. I'm not convinced that they'll be a great team, but they'll be fun to watch. Every game will be a shoot out with them.

jman2050

Were you even old enough to watch those games? Or did you "watch" them like you watched the pre-season game that was never televised?

Shaq was just as dominant back then.

No he has an argument. Shaq was a beast with Orlando for sure but Tmac's most prime years were with the Magic and they were very very good seasons. Borderline historic in some respects.

If you put a gun to my head I'd probably still pick Shaq but don't sell Orlando Tmac short.

Pimpwerx

Glad Magic is gone. He was terrible, eventhough he's my favorite player of all-time. OTOH, Doris taking his place is terribad. Like Condaleeza Rice having a say in the football national championship game, I'm not so thrilled about a woman taking that slot on Countdown. I'd rather someone who actually played the pro game. That looks like a diversity hire, but I guess I shouldn't complain as a black man. It would seem rather hypocritical. Still rubs me wrong though. PEACE.

Vire

Chris Bosh doing work!

Lebron looks terrible, so much for getting better in every asset of his game.

Pimpwerx

Chris Bosh doing work!

Lebron looks terrible, so much for getting better in every asset of his game.

Bron just coasting. Wade, OTOH, looks downright dreadful. His legs aren't quite back yet, but it's alright. Preseason is the time to shake off the rust.

I'm loving Bosh though. I hope he's the secondary scorer this year, pushing Wade down to third.

Also, how has Bill Simmons survived on Countdown? He's easily the 2nd worst member after Magic. They dumped Wilbon, who is better than Bill in almost every regard. If there was a Bill Simmons drinking game, where you had to take a drink everytime he mentioned Boston, you'd die of alcohol poisoning during the pregame show. PEACE.

Vire

Bron just coasting. Wade, OTOH, looks downright dreadful. His legs aren't quite back yet, but it's alright. Preseason is the time to shake off the rust.

I'm loving Bosh though. I hope he's the secondary scorer this year, pushing Wade down to third.

Also, how has Bill Simmons survived on Countdown? He's easily the 2nd worst member after Magic. They dumped Wilbon, who is better than Bill in almost every regard. If there was a Bill Simmons drinking game, where you had to take a drink everytime he mentioned Boston, you'd die of alcohol poisoning during the pregame show. PEACE.

Wilbon sucked because all he did was agree with Magic on everything. I'm not worried about Lebron or Wade, Bosh is the only one who is putting in the effort.

James Jones also looks good, him and Ray in each corner is going to be deadly.

pilonv1

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-t...g-blanks-the-players-with-the-worst-shotscore

Yesterday we looked at ShotScore, a new method to identify the NBA’s best scorers. You can read the full piece here, but in a nutshell, the method compares the actual point yield of an individual NBA shooter against an estimated tally of what an average NBA shooter would accrue from that exact same set of shots. This is a useful way to evaluate shooting because unlike field goal percentage, it accounts for where on the floor the shooter is most active and factors that in to the analysis. Midrange shooters are compared against the NBA’s average midrange production, etc.

Players like Stephen Curry, LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Jose Calderon, and Kyle Korver immediately rose to the top; these players consistently outperform league averages from their most active shooting zones. But, it’s also instructive to identify the players who make shots at rates much lower than league averages, the guys that regularly underperform relative to their shooting cohort. Here is the bottom five:

Lowest ShotScore, 2012-13 season
1. Monta Ellis, -159
2. Greg Monroe, -134
3. Ramon Sessions, -130
4. Russell Westbrook, -127
5. Ricky Rubio, -115

B-Easy looking comfortable out there. Rashard is probably watching his rotation minutes disappear again. LOL! PEACE.

wait wait wait

where can I watch this again?

nvm found

first thing I hear is the pistons commentator saying BALL DON'T LIE on a ray allen missed FT

Vire

wait wait wait

where can I watch this again?

nvm found

first thing I hear is the pistons commentator saying BALL DON'T LIE on a ray allen missed FT

The color guy keeps screaming "Bynumite!" after every made Will Bynum shot. It's annoying as fuck.

I get chills watching those "greatest moments in nba history" commercial

Ray Allen's game 6 shot will be in one some day...

Stephon Marbury hitting a shot in the playoffs against the Spurs while he was a Sun in a series they lost anyways gets to count as greatest moments in nba history?

the fuck

Pistons playing for overtime in a pre-season game.

SMFH.

Fouling at the end are you for real?

ehhh it's a young club gotta use as many teaching moments as possible

still a shitty franchise though and I still am pissed about ECF game 7 in 2005 to this day

could have had another epic spurs-heat series :(

Pimpwerx

Cut Varnado tomorrow and give all his minutes to Hamilton. Griffin and Hamilton deserve a further look. Mason is alright too, but I'd rather have extra size than an extra gunner. Maybe keep Mase and pay JHam to stay in Sioux Falls for a year until we can unload Joel. When Shane retires after this season, we could bring Griffin on-board.

Of course, this is all base on a single-game overreaction, but JHam has size to bang, can grab boards decently well, and looks in much better shape than when we drafted him. However, we lose his rights if we don't keep him, so something's got to give.

I see us going into the RS with this as our roster:

PG: Rio, Cole
SG: Wade, Ray, Mase
SF: Shane, Beas, JJ
PF: Bron, UD, Lewis
C: Bosh, Birdman, Joel, Oden

I see us keeping JJ, since he can still shoot. Not sure what Ray will do after this season, so that's probably why we'd want to keep Mase Jr. Lewis has to be on the chopping block, since we really don't need him except for emergencies. Oden might not amount to anything as well. It'll be important to keep a young center around. Anyway, whatever. I'm getting too anxious for the regular season to start. PEACE.

Miami probably loses in the ECF because of their inability to rebound.

hasn't hurt us the last 3 years!

at some point luck will run out though

I see us keeping JJ, since he can still shoot. Not sure what Ray will do after this season, so that's probably why we'd want to keep Mase Jr. Lewis has to be on the chopping block, since we really don't need him except for emergencies. Oden might not amount to anything as well. It'll be important to keep a young center around. Anyway, whatever. I'm getting too anxious for the regular season to start. PEACE.

I doubt JJ and 'Shard ever get cut, even if they're redundant they help in practice and still know how to play the game and won't bitch about sitting on the bench a lot

They're also more professional so I'd trust them to step in and contribute more than a young wildcard

Pimpwerx

I doubt JJ and 'Shard ever get cut, even if they're redundant they help in practice and still know how to play the game and won't bitch about sitting on the bench a lot

They're also more professional so I'd trust them to step in and contribute more than a young wildcard

This is true. I'm just not sure we're going to see anyone better than JHam picked with the 2nd round pick we have this season, and I don't expect anyone to take Joel off our hands either. Whereas, we have tons of veteran leadership already in the locker room, and not quite enough youth. Shane and Ray might be gone this offseason, and UD is getting long in the tooth. We'll see. I expect Andy and Pat to make the right decisions. PEACE.

Griff suffered a minor injury

Blake Griffin suffered a bone bruise in his left knee during Wednesday's intra-squad scrimmage.

Griffin underwent a precautionary MRI that showed no structural damage to the knee.

Griffin was injured while driving to the basket after being fouled by Lou Amundson.

Griffin stayed down on the court for a few moments.

“Blake hurt his knee, but it was nothing bad,” Doc Rivers said before the team practiced on Thursday. “But he tweaked it. It was on the dunk attempt. He said he did it going up. So he’s out.”

Top Bottom