• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Pre-Season |OT| Nobody won more with less than Lebron. Maybe Phil Jackson

Vire

refs penalizing a player for delay of game, is a longer delay than refs just letting that delay of game go. They just need to stop that shit.

That's not the point of it, it's not to speed up the game

It's so that the team who scores doesn't gain an advantage by holding onto the ball before giving it to the other team (preventing potential fast breaks, or catching the other team off guard).

It allows the scoring team to get back on defense before the team with possession can move the ball up the court.

Real talk though, Lebron is right about Pierce and KG being hypocrites.

Glad to see Kidd got his jersey retired.

Will James Jones ever play 30 min in a regular season game? Please let it be so.

That's not the point of it, it's not to speed up the game

It's so that the team who scores doesn't gain an advantage by holding onto the ball before giving it to the other team (preventing potential fast breaks, or catching the other team off guard).

It allows the scoring team to get back on defense before the team with possession can move the ball up the court.

Whst you said is the main part of it. But if the refs gonna call it everytime, its gonna get annoying especially if the player barely held the ball for a few secs and penalizing a player for it takes longer time than just grabbing the ball from the player and getting the next posession set up.

Vire

Whst you said is the main part of it. But if the refs gonna call it everytime, its gonna get annoying especially if the player barely held the ball for a few secs and penalizing a player for it takes longer time than just grabbing the ball from the player and getting the next posession set up.

I agree, if they just merely tap the ball, that's kinda silly to call it. But if they are clearly holding on, then I don't have as much of a problem with it.

Forever

Banned
How excited were you when Plumlee schooled a pair of D-Leaguers

He dunked on Bosh, let's not pretend that all his minutes were against garbage. And I'm more excited because he's never played with this much confidence before, I've been watching him since summer league.

Finally Teletovic does something.

lol at the grantland nba preview. This is the best thing grantland has done. Lakers ranked too low imo.
they will make the playoffs, no wiggins for all yall lakers gaf.

Pimpwerx

So this is the point in the preseason where I stop giving a shit and start looking forward to the regular season. I've missed the last two games due to work, and I don't feel like I missed anything. The only things I wanted to see was Justin Hamilton playing and Griffin leapfrogging someone tonight. Any gifs/vids of that yet? PEACE.

ESPN Poll of current NBA players:

Jordan-Kobe-Lebron.png

“That’s like ranking the shortest giant. I’d want the ball in LeBron’s hands at the end of the game, but I’d want him to pass to Kobe or Jordan for the last shot. And don’t forget, LeBron is not a great free throw shooter either.”​

Sounds about right.

probably discussed, but I haven't been around here in a while. 2K14 on PS4 reignited my passion. God damn that looks good!

Love this part, hahaha

jRvVa5t.png

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
ESPN Poll of current NBA players:

Jordan-Kobe-Lebron.png

“That’s like ranking the shortest giant. I’d want the ball in LeBron’s hands at the end of the game, but I’d want him to pass to Kobe or Jordan for the last shot. And don’t forget, LeBron is not a great free throw shooter either.”​

Sounds about right.

probably discussed, but I haven't been around here in a while. 2K14 on PS4 reignited my passion. God damn that looks good!

Love this part, hahaha

jRvVa5t.png

All those NBA players are nostalgic! Sports medicine something something something s

I'm not butt hurt at all; in fact I think I'm a little amused because I've just realized that the only time you post in here, it's Kobe related. I think somebody has overtaken Vag!
I'm a fan of Kobe Bryant, yes I can admit that.

But this...

Hey guess what

That would be funny three years ago

Is DEFINITELY butthurt, champ.

Anyway, I can't wait to pick up 2k14. Are most here jumping on the PS4 wagon?

MVP

Banned
Jordan-Kobe-Lebron.png

Sounds about right.

Does it?

EXGofHb.png

Kobe is hot garbage in the clutch, and THAT is a fact. The reason people remember him as clutch is because he's a ballhog and always wants the ball down the stretch even though he shoots like he has two left arms under pressure and whether it costs his team the win or not, three other wide open players be damned. With enough shots, he's bound to make some.

Blackace

MVP

Banned
still up by 2 regardless of making the bucket.. changes the game but make or die.

And it was a great shot.. Not a LBJ hater I just think a few players before him were better

On game-tying or go-ahead field goals in the final 24 seconds of the fourth quarter or overtime of playoff games, LeBron is shooting 42.1 percent (7-of-17) while Kobe checks in at 25 (7-of-28). Jordan topples all with a 50 percent clip (9-of-18).

Just shows 12% of NBA players polled are morons, and some people just hate acknowledging greatness when stats show Lebron is clutch as fuck, end of story.

Does it?

EXGofHb.png

Kobe is hot garbage in the clutch, and THAT is a fact. The reason people remember him as clutch is because he's a ballhog and always wants the ball down the stretch even though he shoots like he has two left arms under pressure and whether it costs his team the win or not, three other wide open players be damned. With enough shots, he's bound to make some.

Listen here, sport. Have you ever heard the term, "There are lies, damned lies, and statistics?"If not, well I've just done you favor number one. I know Kobe has a low field goal percentage in the clutch. We all know it. Very low, in fact, when compared to contemporaries like LeBron, Melo, etc.

But when you consider the fact that the very same people who have played with and against them both (Kobe / 'Bron) pick MJ and Kobe over LeBron, it's telling. Not only that, but 0% of players picked LeBron. Meaning none. Not even one.

Go watch Kobe drilling 3's against Portland to end the season real quick. Go watch Kobe take over against Indiana in OT. Go watch Kobe double clutch over Kidd. Sink the Three over Hamilton. Lead USA over Spain by being involved in nearly every play down the stretch. Hit the sideways running three off the glass over D-Wade for the win.

... I could go on. The man has pulled off so many improbable shots, acrobatic finishes, and dramatic displays of sheer will, that it's impossible to deny his greatness.

That is why players (PLAYERS, not fans, not aficionados, not the general populace) pick Kobe over LeBron. He is fearless.

Blackace

Just shows 12% of NBA players polled are morons, and some people just hate acknowledging greatness when stats show Lebron is clutch as fuck, end of story.

just calm down MVP.. really..

Blackace

Listen here, sport. Have you ever heard the term, "There are lies, damned lies, and statistics?"If not, well I've just done you favor number one. I know Kobe has a low field goal percentage in the clutch. We all know it. Very low, in fact, when compared to contemporaries like LeBron, Melo, etc.

But when you consider the fact that the very same people who have played with and against them both (Kobe / 'Bron) pick MJ and Kobe over LeBron, it's telling. Not only that, but 0% of players picked LeBron. Meaning none. Not even one.

Go watch Kobe drilling 3's against Portland to end the season real quick. Go watch Kobe take over against Indiana in OT. Go watch Kobe double clutch over Kidd. Sink the Three over Hamilton. Lead USA over Spain by being involved in nearly every play down the stretch. Hit the sideways running three off the glass over D-Wade for the win.

... I could go on. The man has pulled off so many improbable shots, acrobatic finishes, and dramatic displays of sheer will, that it's impossible to deny his greatness.

That is why players (PLAYERS, not fans, not aficionados, not the general populace) pick Kobe over LeBron. He is fearless.

you too..

MVP

Banned
Listen here, kiddo. Have you ever heard the term, "There are lies, damned lies, and statistics?"If not, well I've just done you favor number one. I know Kobe has a low field goal percentage in the clutch. We all know it. Very low, in fact, when compared to contemporaries like LeBron, Melo, etc.

You could've saved yourself a whole bunch of time and just typed "Listen here, kiddo. Reality doesn't matter, some random players picked him and I like some of his highlights, that's enough for me to decide."

You could've saved yourself a whole bunch of time and just typed "Listen here, kiddo. Reality doesn't matter, some random players picked him and I like some of his highlights, that's enough for me to decide."

You seem to think that statistics tell the whole story, and that's peculiar. Reality? The reality is that Kobe has made more clutch shots than anyone else who has ever stepped on an NBA court. There's a statistic for you.

But I digress... let's all enjoy the sport, eh? New season is almost here. We'll save the shit talking for then.

Blackace

You seem to think that statistics tell the whole story, and that's peculiar. Reality? The reality is that Kobe has made more clutch shots than anyone else who has ever stepped on an NBA court. There's a statistic for you.

But I digress... let's all enjoy the sport, eh? New season is almost here. We'll save the shit talking for then.

What does he have 35? 36? on like 115 attempts.. dude is fearless I give him that

MVP

Banned

Statistics in this case do tell the story, it isn't some obscure statistic we're debating here, it's make percentage. Who would you rather depend on to make clutch free throws at the end of the game, Ray Allen or Dwight Howard because you like some of his free throw highlights?

I don't want to bother verifying your Kobe stat because it's believable, but him having made more shots is irrelevant. How many more shots did he take? At what percentage did he make them? Thanks for proving my point.

Kobe makes clutch shots at about a league average percentage. That means you can give pretty much anyone else the ball in the clutch and they'd do about as good as Kobe.

Blackace

Statistics in this case do tell the story, it isn't some obscure statistic we're debating here, it's make percentage. Who would you rather depend on to make clutch free throws at the end of the game, Ray Allen or Dwight Howard because you like some of his free throw highlights?

I don't want to bother verifying your Kobe stat because it's believable, but him having made more shots is irrelevant. How many more shots did he take? At what percentage did he make them? Thanks for proving my point.

Kobe makes clutch shots at about a league average percentage. That means you can give pretty much anyone else the ball in the clutch and they'd do about as good as Kobe.

But Vince Carter.. sometimes stats do lie..

MVP

Banned
But Vince Carter.. sometimes stats do lie..

But they aren't lying, Vince Carter is more clutch than Kobe, doesn't mean he's better. He's probably just better at setting up a clearer shot and isn't constantly thinking "what would MJ do here" while he's dribbling and eventually deciding on some Sportcenter highlight fadeaway when the layup was wide open.

benjipwns

Banned
That means you can give pretty much anyone else the ball in the clutch and they'd do about as good as Kobe.
Of course getting the shot off is almost as important as making it in a last second situation. (Perhaps more so considering all the variables.) This is why a Melo or Iverson becomes much more valuable in that situation.

Lebron is right about the Ray Allen situation. KG and Pierce were pissed that Allen left because he was smart enough to realize that Boston was a sinking ship. So he leaves, adds to his legacy even more, and he still has a better title shot to win yet another title than either KG or Pierce have.

How about them Kings. Cousins, Vasquez, and Mclemore should be fun to watch. Oh, and I hope they get rid of Salmons.

Suns shot at a high rate for most of the game though so that must have pissed off Mike Malone.

Top Bottom