• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Pre-Season |OT| Nobody won more with less than Lebron. Maybe Phil Jackson

benjipwns

Banned
I haven't seen the team in the preseason, but at least in the game when everything is clicking with the right lineup they're insane on both ends. But half the game or more I feel like that guy who can't figure out how to hold all those limes.

I have broad autosubs on since I haven't decided on a rotation yet and I'll get a frontcourt of like Hayes-Mbah a Moute-Outlaw and be like "now what the fuck do I do" for a couple minutes until somebody else swaps in. Or the backcourt is letting everyone just drive whenever they want and I realize I have nothing I can really put behind them to make that stop with any guarantee. Then suddenly I'm having Cousins posting up some dope/kicking as Thornton, McLemore, etc. swirl around him to bomb threes.

It's certainly made me want to pay more attention to Kings games than I had been.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I was thinking a shittier version of the good Nash era Suns teams

well, you need a shittier version of Steve Nash, I don't think Vasquez is even that..

btw Vince Carter first ballot HoF? Numbers wise he looks like a no brainer..

pilonv1

well, you need a shittier version of Steve Nash, I don't think Vasquez is even that..

I just mean the make up of the rest of the team, good big man and a bunch of tweeners. But the Hawks is a better comparison i think.

He should go in before Tmac at least.

giri

The vince thing is weird. I wouldn't normally think he's a HOF'er. He put up nice numbers, but ..... i never thought about him ever really contending. But his contributions through dunking may just drag him there.

There's so many more i'd rather see though.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
The vince thing is weird. I wouldn't normally think he's a HOF'er. He put up nice numbers, but ..... i never thought about him ever really contending. But his contributions through dunking may just drag him there.

There's so many more i'd rather see though.

he has over 20,000 points...

benjipwns

Banned
Carter was a legitimately dominant scorer at times, but I don't know if he was ever good enough that you could have contended with him as your clear best player. Maybe in 2001. It's somewhat upsetting that he might have peaked at 23-24.

B-R has him at .768 for their HoF score thing. Every player over .700 has made the Hall.

Carter was a legitimately dominant scorer at times, but I don't know if he was ever good enough that you could have contended with him as your clear best player. Maybe in 2001. It's somewhat upsetting that he might have peaked at 23-24.

B-R has him at .768 for their HoF score thing. Every player over .700 has made the Hall.

Vince was a top 10 player in his first few years on the Nets.

This is a guy who took 1/4 a season off and then just decided to average 30 the rest of the year.

Mik317

Vince is my favorite player of all time despite his bitchassness. He got me into basketball. So yeah I think he should.

But I also understand why he could wait for a bit too as despite his accomplishments he still wasn't as good as he could have been... Which is crazy

pilonv1

http://www.ibabuzz.com/warriors/2013/10/18/andrew-bogut-knocked-out-of-game-with-lower-back-spasms/

Andrew Bogut got the ball on the left low block, with Pau Gasol on his back. He took a couple dribbles towards the middle then spun back to his left, dropping in the left hand hook. This was at the 9:26 mark of the first quarter.

Running back down court, Bogut began to grimace and hold his lower back. Moments later, he was taken out of the game. He limped straight to the locker room. Not exactly a sight Warriors fans wanted to see.

Bogut was done for the night, knocked out of the second and final preseason game with lower back spasms

ALL IS WELL NOTHING TO BE WORRIED ABOUT

Vince carter better not sniff the HoF before AI.

Edit:

Code:
1.	Kobe Bryant	1.0000
2.	Tim Duncan	0.9999
3.	LeBron James	0.9995
4.	Dwyane Wade	0.9991
5.	Kevin Garnett	0.9990
6.	Dirk Nowitzki	0.9867
7.	Paul Pierce	0.9827
8.	Ray Allen	0.9663
[B]9.	Chris Bosh	0.9484[/B]
10.	Chris Paul	0.8911
11.	Tony Parker	0.8319
12.	Carmelo Anthony	0.8167
13.	Dwight Howard	0.8072
14.	Vince Carter	0.7678
15.	Kevin Durant

But..

linsivvi

Yo Lakers how about defending Klay

Vince carter better not sniff the HoF before AI.

Edit:

Code:
1.	Kobe Bryant	1.0000
2.	Tim Duncan	0.9999
3.	LeBron James	0.9995
4.	Dwyane Wade	0.9991
5.	Kevin Garnett	0.9990
6.	Dirk Nowitzki	0.9867
7.	Paul Pierce	0.9827
8.	Ray Allen	0.9663
[B]9.	Chris Bosh	0.9484[/B]
10.	Chris Paul	0.8911
11.	Tony Parker	0.8319
12.	Carmelo Anthony	0.8167
13.	Dwight Howard	0.8072
14.	Vince Carter	0.7678
15.	Kevin Durant

But..

So they are saying there's a 1 in 10000 chance and 5 in 10000 chance that humanity ends before Duncan and LeBron become eligible? Because that's the only possibility for them to not make it.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Vince will get in, but I don't think it will be first ballot since he admitted to John Thompson on national television that he quit on Toronto. Not like it wasn't obvious, but still.

From @GoodmanESPN "Andrew Wiggins yet to be the best player on the floor in any KU practices thus far":

With Wiggins apparently struggling and Callipari trying to change Julius Randle from a postup player to a faceup player, the first few months of the college basketball season are going to be pretty rough to watch for 76ers and Suns' fans.

Randle will eventually break out and be the superstar worthy of that #1 pick though.

I wonder if Wiggins's KU teammates will actually like him? I'm not a college basketball aficionado like many of you are but it seems like he's the only guy I ever hear about.

Actually, I'm pretty sure most of you don't actually like college basketball itself but are more intrigued by the prospects coming up.

Would be nice to see Melo play with shot creators for once. He's played with Iverson, Billups and Felton yet we knock him for being an iso ball guy.

comehomemelo

wayne selden is way more nba ready than wiggins, pretty lackluster athleticism tho

i think i may have said it once before but a lot of guys in this draft have pretty glaring weaknesses. jabari might not be much better than tobias harris, exum's inability to shoot off the dribble or really shoot at all is bad, and i really don't like julius randle period; josh smith without the elite defense isn't that exciting to me

i still see Wiggins as a rich mans Demar DeRozan

Rich man's in what way though? DeRozan is a pretty bad defensive player with poor lateral quickness and I don't think Wiggins will be nearly as bad defensively. I could see a best-case of Paul George and a worst case of Rudy Gay for him and those guys play offensively similar to DeRozan, but have pretty majorly different impacts.

I wonder if Wiggins's KU teammates will actually like him? I'm not a college basketball aficionado like many of you are but it seems like he's the only guy I ever hear about.

I think he'll be liked fine by his teammates. He seems like a decent guy who will blend in and let the upperclassmen lead. If he struggles, all the attention will go to him, but that will take the pressure of everyone else.

Late to the party, but I'd rather have the ball in LeBron's hands at the end of the game than Kobe any day of the week. Kobe has built up a legacy of being a "closer" but the stats really don't back him up in crunch time.

I would take both LBJ and Durant over anyone else currently playing.

I'd take Jordan over any of them, and anyone else in league history.

A more apt comparison is this LeBron vs prime Kobe. Not sure how you'd take even todays Bron over 05-06 Kobe in regards to a last shot scenario.

Rich man's in what way though? DeRozan is a really awful defensive player with bad lateral quickness and I don't think Wiggins will be nearly as bad defensively. I could see a best-case of Paul George and a worst case of Rudy Gay for him and those guys play offensively similar to DeRozan, but have pretty majorly different impacts.

Primarily offensively. As a guy who's mostly a finisher who relies on his athleticism with inconsistent shooting touch, who will rely on slashing more than jacking it ala Rudy.

He'll be a much better rebounder and defender though, which is why I say Rich Man.

Jabari is the most decorated player in the history of Illinois high school basketball. Maybe he won't be the Carmelo 2.0 we thought he'd be a year ago, but it's hard to see him go bust.

I'm talking with my Duke blinders on, but this feels pretty similar to the Kyrie vs. Barnes/Knight 3 years ago.

Emwitus

Would be nice to see Melo play with shot creators for once. He's played with Iverson, Billups and Felton yet we knock him for being an iso ball guy.

comehomemelo

How many excuses will we make for this guy before conceding his a fraud? Even kobe went into distributor mode when it counted.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Does it?

EXGofHb.png

Kobe is hot garbage in the clutch, and THAT is a fact. The reason people remember him as clutch is because he's a ballhog and always wants the ball down the stretch even though he shoots like he has two left arms under pressure and whether it costs his team the win or not, three other wide open players be damned. With enough shots, he's bound to make some.

Just saw this. Clutch IMO isn't just postseason, we're talking all games. Also, shots taken with less than 10 seconds left is dumb. I'd much rather see last 2 minutes with score within 3 points on either side.

TylerD

Adams with 10 points and 15 rebounds.

Plan the parade!

Hooray! But, he is a rook... will he even sniff the rotation? It's sad that it is even a question.

I haven't watched any Thunder preseason games. Met somebody last weekend and have just been really busy. Been following Daily Thunder and it sounds like your avatar has been struggling. :(

Just saw this. Clutch IMO isn't just postseason, we're talking all games. Also, shots taken with less than 10 seconds left is dumb. I'd much rather see last 2 minutes with score within 3 points on either side.
That's just game winners/game tying shots, which was what the poll was about.

diehard

Fleer

I posted stats like those for Kobe once.

It was pretty ugly.

Omega

Banned

Actually, I'm pretty sure most of you don't actually like college basketball itself but are more intrigued by the prospects coming up.

college basketball is for white people or states with better college teams than pro teams

Oregon, North Carolina, etc.

Top Bottom