• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Pre-Season |OT| Nobody won more with less than Lebron. Maybe Phil Jackson

giri

Your offseason was picking up a scrap from Miami's table. Ours...

Fun part is, I don't have to explain the above. If you can't figure it out from that, it's not worth it.

Old, Injury Prone, unable to play b2b's even in the play offs. Had their worst seasons in years?

You're right, compare that to a team with the best C in the NBA who isn't eve in his prime yet, a PG that is a complete package, stable team roster, and a team that plays elite defense and has already made it out of the first round...

You're right. It is pretty obvious.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
He's talking about the Celtics. The new core of the Nets. Duh.
This is desperate troll territory. Your offseason was picking up a castoff scrap from Miami's table. Ours...

Fun part is, I don't have to explain the above. If you can't figure it out from that, it's not worth it.
They didn't even need Miller. They lost to a team that was freethrows away from winning it all in a great series. They're arguably the best defensive team in the league and easily one of the most efficient.

Nets are betting it all on old has-beens gelling at a top seed level while somehow not playing that many games together in hopes that they can all be healthy at the same time (which hasn't happened in 4 years) while playing for a drunk driving wife beater with no coaching experience at all.

So the Nets will have a shot because they play in the East and it's their sole purpose to beat Miami but.... Eh

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Keep acting like athletes are these saints.

I had no idea the only two options were saint and wife-beater

all these years...
ibjSINvXIW4E14.png

giri

Except they didn't. lmao.

This has been fun but I'm about to watch the game. We'll see how things shake out in the postseason.

Last year was PP's worst year since his rookie season.

It's ok to not know that, i know you're only knew to the whole bandwagon fan thing, and he hasn't been on your team long.

Still true.

Cavaliers rookie forward Anthony Bennett, the top pick in this year's NBA draft, has asthma and sleep apnea.

Cleveland coach Mike Brown revealed Bennett's conditions Thursday night before the Cavs hosted the Detroit Pistons in an exhibition game. Bennett's asthma was not widely known and obviously did not prevent the Cavs from taking the former UNLV star in June's draft.

Bennett has had some breathing issues during workouts and in preseason games, and him being sometimes winded had been attributed to him not being able to work out as much this summer after undergoing shoulder surgery in May. But Brown said Bennett also deals with asthma and wears a mask at night for his sleep apnea.

Welp.

Vire

players dont waive contracts, are we just making up things now

god this is why ph33nix is the only heat person worth a damn
You kidding right?

Kevin waived his no trade clause. Way to go...

Garnett waived his no-trade clause after the Nets agreed to fully guarantee the $12 million owed him for the 2014-15 season, the third year of his contract. Prior to the agreement, the Nets could have bought out Garnett for $6 million.

Vire

What is the reasoning behind this lineup? Joel and Vernardo on the court at the same time makes no sense.

I guess to give them minutes but jeez.

Mik317

You kidding right?

Kevin waived his no trade clause. Way to go...

Garnett waived his no-trade clause after the Nets agreed to fully guarantee the $12 million owed him for the 2014-15 season, the third year of his contract. Prior to the agreement, the Nets could have bought out Garnett for $6 million.

While Garnett was clownshoes for acting like a angry ex girlfriend last year...it really isn't the same.

He was going to retire until Pierce (who was going to get bought out otherwise) begged for him to accept the trade and give it one more go. Doc is the hypocrite in all of this. Pierce and Garnett not so much.

and I don't think they were mad that he left but rather that he left for the Heat, a team they considered to be their main rival ATM. No one gave a fuck about the Nets.

So there is a difference.

They still acted mad soft tho since Ray was a free agent and could go whereever the fuck he wnated especially after Ainge tried everything to trade him prior.

But still KG and Pierce leaving is not the same thing. Plus ESPN blew LeBron's statement outta whack...as normal

What is the reasoning behind this lineup? Joel and Vernardo on the court at the same time makes no sense.

I guess to give them minutes but jeez.

Ira Winderman ‏@IraHeatBeat 9m
Jarvis Varnado and Joel Anthony playing side by side is Erik Spoelstra's way of saying, "Go watch football."

Where the fuck is my Michael Beasley cameo

KingGondo

Banned
Young guys look good so far. Lamb, Jackson, Adams all doing good things.

Also, Thabo got another tattoo and changed his number from 2 to 25. I don't even know what to believe anymore.

Top Bottom