• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Pre-Season |OT| Nobody won more with less than Lebron. Maybe Phil Jackson

Nori Chan

Breakdown of ESPN headlines.

Today: "Nerlens Noel to miss season."
Next week: "Rajon Rondo being held out for entire season"
Two weeks from now: "Jeff Green to miss entire season with mysterious hangnail injury"
Two months from now: "Is Andrew Wiggins the most overhyped prospect of all time?"
Two months and one day from now: "Front office people in Philly and Boston fearing for their lives."
April: "Lakers claim best odds for lottery with a 12-70 record despite Kobe's 18 PPG on 34% shooting"
At what point does dIEHARD lose his man crush for GTYME

Rox fans, do you care that Harden doesn't have a mid range game?

I mean, it's the biggest criticism of his offensive game but is it really that bad when he virtually only takes the two most efficient shots in basketball? He only drives to the rim or shoots the three and is probably the best in the league at drawing free throws. I'd like to see him add some more moves and stuff but Is it much of a concern?

His defense is what needs improvement over anything

He needs to develop a post game. Sam Cassell use to punk dudes in the post. All the great guards who had any longevity developed one.

giri

Nerlens Noel to be out for the entire season. ESPN just tweeted it

It's smart that they would keep him safe.

But knuxs (rip) grave is just being pissed on

Glad suns avoided that.

I read he had surgery in March. So 12 months is next March, or near the end of the season. Sure, he could come back in 9 months because it's been done (see Adrian Peterson), but what do the Sixers have to gain from that kind of risk?

Hell, Rose didn't come back.

No, that was further clean up surgery i believe. Or well, he has been back under to "clean up pain" in the knee. Doesn't read well.

But it really is the best chance of rehabbing the guy long term. There's no need to rush him back and re-injure that leg, or cause him to hurt other body parts whilst compensating for the knee.

3s and shots close to the rim are what you want but if you have a shitty mid range game that really caps you. yeah it's not a preferable shot but you have to be good at it

Mark your calendars for a B11G day in #Cavs Franchise History on March 8th at The Q! #AllForZ pic.twitter.com/rgoTxueByZ

Z getting retired in the Q

Vire

I would probably go:

1. LeBron
2. Durant
3. CP3
4. Gasol
5. Westbrook
6. Dwight
7. Rose
8. Curry
9. Harden

With Bosh/George/Duncan/Davis/Wade/Parker/Dirk/Deron/LMA at 10 depending on their decline/progression due to age/injuries or what game I'm watching.

Josh Smith's "Fuck efficiency" campaign of the last couple years keeps me from loving his probable impact for next year :(

I don't think ESPN's top 20 has had that many horrible picks other than Irving being so high though. Some of the picks outside of that top 20 range on the other hand...

No fucking way Gasol is #4.

No. Dwight isn't #6 either.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Rox fans, do you care that Harden doesn't have a mid range game?

I mean, it's the biggest criticism of his offensive game but is it really that bad when he virtually only takes the two most efficient shots in basketball? He only drives to the rim or shoots the three and is probably the best in the league at drawing free throws. I'd like to see him add some more moves and stuff but Is it much of a concern?

His defense is what needs improvement over anything
Well, Harden is already showing some improvement on the defensive end this preseason.

The hell have the Mavs done to become a playoff team?

They finished .500 last year and Dirk missed 30 games. Their point guard play was absolutely awful. Collison didn't have a two man game with Dirk whatsoever. Their bench is still extremely good. They'll be awful at defense, but they'll be able to score the ball extremely well. They narrowly missed the playoffs last year and their talent is, by far, better this year.

There's probably no pfs that can guard Dwight.

The Rockets are playing way too fast but this lineup looks deadly imo

The perimeter defense is beyond trash though

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
There's probably no pfs that can guard Dwight.

The Rockets are playing way too fast but this lineup looks deadly imo

The perimeter defense is beyond trash though

imo that's his natural position

He made like Kemp and Amar'e

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Houston has gotten some nice looks near the rim but aren't finishing, especially Lin. But Lin has made some nice plays. Calderon is torching him though.

man the Rox just don't stop running.

edit: Beverley with the instant contribution.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
lol we can't get a foul call

Matrix

Matrix

Rockets need to learn how to throw in a damn entry pass smh

"Houston doesn't really look like any kind of unstoppable juggernaut right now.

Really? lol lets judge a team on a pre-season game. Who also said they were going to be some unstoppable juggernaut?

Top Bottom