• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Pre-Season |OT| Nobody won more with less than Lebron. Maybe Phil Jackson

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Not as absurd as Kevin Love being #11 after the season he had last year.

These are projections for 2013-14. They assume he'll be healthy -- which is why the Westbrook being moved up to the #5 spot seems... odd because we know for sure he won't be healthy for a while.

Which player makes the most of limited natural ability?

1. Kevin Love, Minnesota -- 24.1%

2. Marc Gasol, Memphis -- 13.8%

3. Matt Bonner, San Antonio; Jared Dudley, L.A. Clippers -- 10.3%

5. J.J. Barea, Minnesota -- 6.9%

Also receiving votes: Nick Collison, Oklahoma City; Stephen Curry, Golden State; Danny Green, San Antonio; Chuck Hayes, Sacramento; Roy Hibbert, Indiana; Kyle Korver, Atlanta; Steve Nash, L.A. Lakers; Luis Scola, Indiana; Anderson Varejao, Cleveland, Greivis Vasquez, Sacramento

Another interesting take from NBA GMs.

These are projections for 2013-14. They assume he'll be healthy -- which is why the Westbrook being moved up to the #5 spot seems... odd because we know for sure he won't be healthy for a while.

Don't project your Greg Oden/Brandon Roy insecurities onto Westbrook.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
So the NBA has an agreement with Fox and NBC for streaming rights for teams in your market. Making league pass blackouts fucking stupid. If we pay $200 we should get local games but noooo it's free..just not on LP.

Anywho

This agreement supersedes the Turner/ESPN agreement which never got finalized over the summer.

It looks like the NBA tv rights bidding war hasn't been finalized.
http://thebiglead.com/2013/08/27/es...g-the-nba-to-fox-sports-but-turner-should-be/

If I was a betting man, I'd say Fox and NBC might get the tv deal too. ESPN pays jack shit for tv rights vs. NFL and MLB. Turner is cutting budgets for sports as they just dumped NECKCAR because of the NCAA basketball deal they're paying for.

Why this is important...the next CBA will be coming up in a couple of years and the owners are going to do whatever they can to keep that new tv contract money.

So the NBA has an agreement with Fox and NBC for streaming rights for teams in your market. Making league pass blackouts fucking stupid. If we pay $200 we should get local games but noooo it's free..just not on LP.

Anywho

This agreement supersedes the Turner/ESPN agreement which never got finalized over the summer.

It looks like the NBA tv rights bidding war hasn't been finalized.
http://thebiglead.com/2013/08/27/es...g-the-nba-to-fox-sports-but-turner-should-be/

If I was a betting man, I'd say Fox and NBC might get the tv deal too. ESPN pays jack shit for tv rights vs. NFL and MLB. Turner is cutting budgets for sports as they just dumped NECKCAR because of the NCAA basketball deal they're paying for.

Why this is important...the next CBA will be coming up in a couple of years and the owners are going to do whatever they can to keep that new tv contract money.

If TNT loses the NBA, I will be a sad panda.

6'9 son of a former nba player is the most limited natural ability player. Makes sense to me.

WTF GMs.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Yeah, I'd be bummed. Their coverage is ace and Inside the NBA is too good to just go away. Why can't they create a new slate of games for Fox? TBS used to have games on Tuesdays. They could do that, right?
It's one of the reasons I find the NFL unwatchable at times (besides all of the play stoppage). Four hour broadcasts with three hours of commercials and "coverage". Whatever the nexf NBA TV deal is, it will be expensive and the broadcast quality will surely suffer to make up that revenue.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
It's one of the reasons I find the NFL unwatchable at times (besides all of the play stoppage). Four hour broadcasts with three hours of commercials and "coverage". Whatever the nexf NBA TV deal is, it will be expensive and the broadcast quality will surely suffer to make up that revenue.
Yeah, I can see that being a concern. The league might see it as, "oh, we can't have games on ESPN and TNT and Fox because..." But ESPN's coverage is already pretty awful and I don't think throwing Fox two games a week in addition to the existing deals would really hurt the broadcast quality. There are quality announcers out there that don't work nationally yet. Or they could get Kevin Calabro or something.

Yeah, I can see that being a concern. The league might see it as, "oh, we can't have games on ESPN and TNT and Fox because..." But ESPN's coverage is already pretty awful and I don't think throwing Fox two games a week in addition to the existing deals would really hurt the broadcast quality. There are quality announcers out there that don't work nationally yet. Or they could get Kevin Calabro or something.

FOX waters down everything.

I could totally see the league declining in popularity if some of the more boring networks picked up coverage over TNT. Specifically ESPN.

Their coverage is just criminal.

Does limited ability mean white

And I hope TNT really gets to keep the NBA...that would suck if they didn't. But, Barkley is probably leaving in 2-3 years

Also if NBC got the NBA back i WOULD NOT COMPLAIN. in fact, I think sunday night football is probably my favorite presentation when it comes to the game. that includes the anthem (not the carrie underwood shit)

nbc you say?
time to bring back the beloved John tesh nba on nbc jingle.

nbc would mean we'd get al michaels doing commentary again

but yeah if tnt loses out then inside needs to get re-purposed on a channel that has rights

Does limited ability mean white

And I hope TNT really gets to keep the NBA...that would suck if they didn't. But, Barkley is probably leaving in 2-3 years

Also if NBC got the NBA back i WOULD NOT COMPLAIN. in fact, I think sunday night football is probably my favorite presentation when it comes to the game. that includes the anthem (not the carrie underwood shit)
That's true. I'm definitely rooting for NBC

dat theme

Top Bottom