• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Pre-Season |OT| Nobody won more with less than Lebron. Maybe Phil Jackson

giri

Jazz aren't going to be good at all.

Eh, their front line is going to be so much better than last year i think, that it will surprise how good they'll be. Maybe i just want to believe though.

idk i really think teams are going to tank on purpose (lakers being one of them) this years draft has some real depth to it. I don't think which way teams are going until about dec.

If it's really that deep a lot of GM's will rationalize it by saying they'll get good picks even in the late lotto, and still get crowds by "chasing a play off spot" I'm not sure Pau or Nash are all that interested in helping the lakers future, so they'd literally have to bench them to stop them from trying.

And when you consider the teams behind them, they may win more games just by default.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Eh, their front line is going to be so much better than last year i think, that it will surprise how good they'll be. Maybe i just want to believe though.

Really? They lost Millsap and got nothing in return. Their front-court is still young as hell.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

If it's really that deep a lot of GM's will rationalize it by saying they'll get good picks even in the late lotto, and still get crowds by "chasing a play off spot" I'm not sure Pau or Nash are all that interested in helping the lakers future, so they'd literally have to bench them to stop them from trying.

And when you consider the teams behind them, they may win more games just by default.

you got a point about the crowds. I forgot the business side of the equation.

If Kanter is as good as David West or Z-bo (including the ability to defend PFs and Z-bo is pretty decent there now too), if Brandon Rush plays like he did in 2012, and if Burke isn't terrible, we can be the 2013 Grizzlies/Pacers except with average perimeter defense and that would be good enough for a playoff slot.

The odds of all three happening with nothing negative happening to Favors and Hayward (in either health or lack of development) are probably low though.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Beasley got benched for literally no one.

He was so bad, that fans forgot that the Suns drafted Kendall Marshall.

In the offseason, the GM saw Beasley's old locker and decided to trade for another shitty Morris twin - just to be safe

Beasley got benched for literally no one.

He was so bad, that fans forgot that the Suns drafted Kendall Marshall.

In the offseason, the GM saw Beasley's old locker and decided to trade for another shitty Morris twin - just to be safe

And Beasley is going to rise to superstardom in Miami

he's what we needed to continue the dynasty

giri

Really? They lost Millsap and got nothing in return. Their front-court is still young as hell.

Maybe, but their front court should be infinitely better defensively now.

As i said, some of that is me probably just WANTING to believe. I like a Kanter/Favors front court :|

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Maybe, but their front court should be infinitely better defensively now.

As i said, some of that is me probably just WANTING to believe. I like a Kanter/Favors front court :|

I do, too, but they've collectively played about two seasons worth of starters minutes, and both of them are still so damn young and neither has starters experience.

It might have to be the Bulls this year.
10+10+would+flip++_2dbd287e3a1091c42410d68c5b065c27.jpg

DY_nasty

Olynk runs the floor really, really well for a guy his size

^ I KNOW

pilonv1

Boston looks like they would struggle to average 60ppg if they get stuck in a half court game. Maybe they can hit 80 if they run...

Pimpwerx

Are they trying to make Bosh a bigger part of the offense or what?

When Wade was out at the start of last season, he did a lot of the same stuff. I'm interested to see how he plays when Wade returns. I want to see if he's back to spacing the floor again, or if he can deploy more of his face-up game like he did in 10/11. PEACE.

DY_nasty

This Dallas game is fucking unwatchable.

Between the arena music being played OVER the TV broadcast, the random cuts to the baseline camera, the MavGodzilla breakdancing on the screen, the other arena sounds being thrown over the commentary and court sound...

Fuck

MVP

Banned
Miami HEAT BasketballTM is back on the air. The league has once again been put on notice. PEACE.

I still can't believe we picked up a slightly troubled version of Carmelo, and a bigger/stronger version of James Worthy with a little knee trouble for chump change.

The Miami Heat are the NBA's version of the Patriots. A dynasty where, if you buy in to the philosophy and become part of the family, great talents flourish.

pilonv1

This Dallas game is fucking unwatchable.

Between the arena music being played OVER the TV broadcast, the random cuts to the baseline camera, the MavGodzilla breakdancing on the screen, the other arena sounds being thrown over the commentary and court sound...

Fuck

They're showing the scoreboard video, happened in a Wolves pre-season game last year too. It's terrible

Top Bottom