• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Pre-Season |OT| Nobody won more with less than Lebron. Maybe Phil Jackson

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
.... don't laker rage emwitus Lakers are going to take more than enough L's this season. You don't have to join them.

Emwitus

wait so want to bet me that the Heat won't make it past the first round or to the ECF?

either way, I'm taking that bet.

Lololol
Lemme get in on this...

Avatar bet? They obviously make it out of the first but lose in second.

And smh at Dwight taking his losing culture to Houston
.... don't laker rage emwitus Lakers are going to take more than enough L's this season. You don't have to join them.

Lol. We tanking for Wiggins

Zeus Molecules

Avatar bet? They obviously make it out of the first but lose in second.

And smh at Dwight taking his losing culture to Houston

Lol. We tanking for Wiggins

yeah next years draft should be nice. I think this year a lot of middle of the road teams are going to tank because of it.

Westlo

Damn it, I can't stream the Heat scrimmage and get my first footage of neo-Beasley

http://distilleryvesper4-8.ak.instagram.com/f2c480b02d0a11e3abd422000a9f4de4_101.mp4

Dat's my supercool
tocry.png

Otto is out tomorrow

;_;

will probably still go to the game so long as the Nets play their starters for a decent amount of time...I should probably look into that..

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
There's a Wolves game tonight. Maybe Rubio and Love play more than 13 minutes together or whatever the total was last year.

Brian Windhorst, ESPN.com: B-. With the luxury tax getting its teeth, the Heat made four moves that saved money, yet they'll bring back about 95 percent of their minutes played. Taken on its face, that is successful. The Miller release was a blow to the locker room, but it was hard to argue with the economics and depth chart. The grade would be higher, but the team has zero young prospects and shows little real interest in getting any.

I can't believe how much disrespect Supercool gets

giri

I can't believe how much disrespect Supercool gets

Why would he get any respect from anyone apart from his weed dealer?

And for a while there, when he had no contract, his weed dealer probably stopped returning his calls.

Zeus Molecules

so I'm looking at rosters in preparation for the preseason and I notice the wizards got themselves a playoff worthy squad (if wall doesnt relapse into inefficient). It might be worth it to go to DC and buy cheap as fuck wiz tickets to see them play good teams this year. No joke on the low the wizards are my candidate for most improved team this year.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
He's probably back with us, here to rain on the parade.
I said Heat, but med school is kicking my ass a bit, and I don't have the energy to keep up with them, and Boozy (and the Bulls by extension). It might have to be the Bulls this year.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Wizards are still bound by John "Freshly Paid, No Fucks Giveth" Wall's talents and desire to win.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Everything rides on Beal and Nene.

Wall is just along for the ride.

giri

so I'm looking at rosters in preparation for the preseason and I notice the wizards got themselves a playoff worthy squad (if wall doesnt relapse into inefficient). It might be worth it to go to DC and buy cheap as fuck wiz tickets to see them play good teams this year. No joke on the low the wizards are my candidate for most improved team this year.

Wiz could have got int the playoffs last year if it weren't for injuries.

But 8th in the east isn't exactly the toughest seed to get. Regularly going to teams with under .500 records. So it's up to you to decide how much of an acomplishment that is.

8th in the west could be bad this year too. Sort of depends on how much of a run the lakers want to make, and how long portland are going to fake being a real playoff team.

Out side of injuries playing a large role, i think the top 8 in the west will be

Rockets
Clippers
Spurs
OKC
Grizz
Warriors
Jazz
Wolves

Not in seeded order, but some combination of that. Lakers/ Blzaers couldmake a run at it though but would more likely be relying on injuries to one of those teams. So actually, the top 8 in the west are actually all pretty good.

They were going to be good, but then Okafor got a neck injury (out for most of the season) so they'll probably be starting Seraphin and Booker once Nene gets injured. Beal will have to be great for them this year.

reilo

Out side of injuries playing a large role, i think the top 8 in the west will be

Rockets
Clippers
Spurs
OKC
Grizz
Warriors
Jazz
Wolves

Not in seeded order, but some combination of that. Lakers/ Blzaers couldmake a run at it though but would more likely be relying on injuries to one of those teams. So actually, the top 8 in the west are actually all pretty good.

Jazz aren't going to be good at all.

Zeus Molecules

Wiz could have got int the playoffs last year if it weren't for injuries.

But 8th in the east isn't exactly the toughest seed to get. Regularly going to teams with under .500 records. So it's up to you to decide how much of an acomplishment that is.

8th in the west could be bad this year too. Sort of depends on how much of a run the lakers want to make, and how long portland are going to fake being a real playoff team.

Rockets
Clippers
Spurs
OKC
Grizz
Warriors
Jazz
Wolves

idk i really think teams are going to tank on purpose (lakers being one of them) this years draft has some real depth to it. I don't think which way teams are going until about dec.

reilo

The stat
11.5 - Fewer points per 100 possessions the Blazers scored with Damian Lillard on the bench than with him on the floor.

The context
That was the biggest offensive, on-off-court differential in the league for players who logged at least 1,000 minutes with one team. And though Lillard has a fantastic season as a rookie point guard, the drop-off was more about the Blazers’ bench than it was about him.

With Lillard on the floor, the Blazers scored 105.0 points per 100 possessions, a number which would have ranked 10th in the league. With Lillard on the bench, they scored 93.5, which was four points per 100 possessions worse than the 30th-ranked Wizards.

A couple of surprising ones on the list:

Code:
Biggest on-off-court differential, points scored per 100 possessions
Player	MIN On	OffRtg On	MIN Off	OffRtg Off	OffRtg Diff.
Damian Lillard	3,167	105.0	804	93.5	+11.5
LeBron James	2,877	113.4	1,099	102.1	+11.2
Chris Paul	2,335	112.1	1,611	101.3	+10.8
Lance Stephenson	2,278	106.1	1,640	95.4	+10.7
George Hill	2,620	104.8	1,298	95.3	+9.5

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2013/10/07/one-team-one-stat-no-lillard-no-offense/?ls=nbahpsplit1

Well, maybe not. DJ Augustin sucks. Bad.

Top Bottom