• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-2014 NCAA Men's Basketball |OT|

Does Michigan still run the 1-3-1? It seemed like last year in the tourney they didn't.

I think Beilein has gone from zone to man to man more and more as he's been in the Big Ten (too many 3-pt shooters in that conference). Just from the little bit I've seen from them recently.

Still, it's probably something he keeps in the back pocket.

devilhawk

KU finally pulling away. Embiid growing up in this game.

Wiggins could put up twice the shots if he wanted to but KU is balanced enough that he doesn't have to. I could see Wiggins averaging 5-8 less than the other freshman purely because of the KU balance. Still going number 1 in the draft. And don't sleep on Embiid and Exum sneaking into the top 3-5

iamblades

UK looking a bit better. Still some terrible boxouts on the defensive end, should be dominating the boards with our height. But the offense is better. James Young shooting it well.

Definitely. I switched over to that game since UK had went to half and saw him make two 3's in like 30 seconds, get a few steals, rebounds. Dude does it all.

Yeah, I can't wait to see both Young and both of the Harrisons have a good shooting night at the same time. Seems like its always one of them that gets hot and the other 2 are cold.

I think this team can be the best offensive team we've had under Cal, as we have scorers at every position. With the new officiating this team should be impossible to guard. Julius Randle already is.

Fjordson

Yeah, I can't wait to see both Young and both of the Harrisons have a good shooting night at the same time. Seems like its always one of them that gets hot and the other 2 are cold.

I think this team can be the best offensive team we've had under Cal, as we have scorers at every position. With the new officiating this team should be impossible to guard. Julius Randle already is.
Yep. Though Andrew Harrison did better tonight I think. 15 points, 6 assists, 3 boards, 7-8 from the line. He's starting to be more aggresive and drive to the rim. UT Arlington's guards were literally bouncing off of him in the paint :lol he's just too big for most point guards.

Willie played well also. Only got like 24 minutes or something like that and chipped in 14 points and 10 boards.

Just need to keep working on D. We're too big and have too much length inside to let up some of the easy shots that we do.

jakncoke

Banned
I dont understand why Fox Sports Pittsburgh hasnt shown Pittsburgh games the last 2 games. Duquesne and WVU got the viewing over Pitt/Howard which is ok because Duquesne is a Pittsburgh school as well. But why is Pitt/Lehigh on ESPNU and NC Central and NC St on Fox Sports Pittsburgh?

Also Progressive Legends Classic is terrible

I dont understand why Fox Sports Pittsburgh hasnt shown Pittsburgh games the last 2 games. Duquesne and WVU got the viewing over Pitt/Howard which is ok because Duquesne is a Pittsburgh school as well. But why is Pitt/Lehigh on ESPNU and NC Central and NC St on Fox Sports Pittsburgh?

Also Progressive Legends Classic is terrible

Pittsburgh is in the ACC now. ESPN has the ACC's media rights, but they sell off games to regional sports networks, including FSN. ESPN must have decided to keep Pittsburgh vs. Lehigh, since Pitt is better than NC State and Lehigh is better than NC Central, so that second game got picked up by the ACC's regional partners.

That's my take, anyway. I'm assuming from your post that the Pitt and NC State games were at the same time.

Nesotenso

Wiggins could put up twice the shots if he wanted to but KU is balanced enough that he doesn't have to. I could see Wiggins averaging 5-8 less than the other freshman purely because of the KU balance. Still going number 1 in the draft. And don't sleep on Embiid and Exum sneaking into the top 3-5

I hope Wiggins becomes more aggressive as the season goes on.

Proelite

OMG if Winslow commits to us we will have our best class since Boozer, Dunleavy, and Williams / Brand, Battier, and Avery.

Not sure how we're beating Kentucky this year at the recruiting game. :D

OMG if Winslow commits to us we will have our best class since Boozer, Dunleavy, and Williams / Brand, Battier, and Avery.

It seems like Cal is targeting different kinds of players. I see these top recruits on decision day, and I'm shocked to not see UK among the finalists more often than not. (as opposed to recent years where it seems he's on the short-list for every guy)

Don't forget Myles Turner possibly still out there.

Jones
Allen
Winslow
Turner
Okafor

Would be the best class since 98.

Attention all big 10 bball fans. Reports out of cbus is this is ed hightowerws final game in Columbus, he is retiring at the end of the season.

Whistle makers everywhere get sad

Proelite

Don't forget Myles Turner possibly still out there.

Jones
Allen
Winslow
Turner
Okafor

Would be the best class since 98.

Highly unlikely that Turner would commit to us.
At this point I would prefer if some other team gets Turner. We're more than fine with our front court.

Cook
Jones
Sulaimon
Jones
Allen
Winslow
Semi O
Murphy
Jefferson
Turner ?????????????????????????
Okafor
Plumlee

At least one person is going to transfer because of lack of PT with a roster like that

Highly unlikely that Turner would commit to us.
At this point I would prefer if some other team gets Turner. We're more than fine with our front court.

Cook
Jones
Sulaimon
Jones
Allen
Winslow
Semi O
Murphy
Jefferson
Turner ?????????????????????????
Okafor
Plumlee

At least one person is going to transfer because of lack of PT with a roster like that

Semi
Matt Jones
Allen

Take your pick.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Semi
Matt Jones
Allen

Take your pick.

None of them will transfer because JO and TJ are one year players. Semi and Matt are getting burn now and you know how Duke loves whitey jump shooters. Murph can't transfer because of eligibility but he's the one thats going to be buried.

Rumors are that Winslow has already sent in his LOI to the school of his choice.

None of them will transfer because JO and TJ are one year players. Semi and Matt are getting burn now and you know how Duke loves whitey jump shooters. Murph can't transfer because of eligibility but he's the one thats going to be buried.

They're getting clock now, but we all know K's going to lock down the rotation to 7 dudes come conference time. He'll run Cook-Thornton-Sheed-Parker-Hood-Jefferson-Hairston into the ground and tire them out in time for our inevitable first round loss to fucking Albany or Incarnate Word.

/jaded

Best Conference of All Time™ Watch:

Dayton 82
Georgia Tech 72

NC Central 82
NC State 72

But at least Pittsburgh beat Lehigh.

PackPride will be very interesting tonight.

jakncoke

Banned

Dayton 82
Georgia Tech 72

NC Central 82
NC State 72

Progressive Legends Classic is a joke and I dont understand it. Can someone tell me how it works? Stanford in the championship finals without playing in any regional and last year unless I read it wrong wins in those rounds didnt play in a final

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Progressive Legends Classic is a joke and I dont understand it. Can someone tell me how it works? Stanford in the championship finals without playing in any regional and last year unless I read it wrong wins in those rounds didnt play in a final

Pre-season NIT is really the only "tournament" that uses that kind of format and doesn't protect it's top seeds.

thefro

They started these since I believe Kentucky got upset in one of these one year and they lost a lot of money having a podunk team with no fan base in the semi finals/finals.

The reason why big schools like this format is these games count as an exempt "tournament", so they get to play 3 extra games over the NCAA limit. Also they get 2 more home games, so that's mo money.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
They're getting clock now, but we all know K's going to lock down the rotation to 7 dudes come conference time. He'll run Cook-Thornton-Sheed-Parker-Hood-Jefferson-Hairston into the ground and tire them out in time for our inevitable first round loss to fucking Albany or Incarnate Word.

/jaded
It will probably be closer to 8 or 9 this year simply because the best players are young and don't have the conditioning yet and Duke plays center by committee. Semi will have to play some 4 just to spell either Parker or Hairston. Parker and Hairston will share time with Jefferson guarding the 5 on a need basis and worst T rex Plumlee will come in for 5 fouls to give. They won't get a ton of time, but you can usually tell the freshmen that K likes by how often they get in in the beginning of the season. It was the same with Ryan Kelly and Josh Hairston. Seldom played as freshmen, now on the court constantly. Semi and Matt are 4 year dudes anyway. The staff is really high on both.

Bowser

Dayton 82
Georgia Tech 72

NC Central 82
NC State 72

Gunter Brewer ‏@CoachBrewerUNC 55m
3 great Hoop schools in the Tar Heel State pic.twitter.com/QpxQQJ3bHP

BZmlUZ7CUAAf6B_.jpg:large

lol Coach Brewer is such a troll

N.C. Central Univ. @NCCU
Follow
#NCCU Eagle Alert: The NCCU campus is on lockdown. Please stay away from all windows and doors. There is a possible active shooter on campus

Those State fans dont know how to act.

Proelite

So...

Can we cancel the NCAA next year and just give us the banner already?

I am piling on loads of bad mojo the past few weeks.

Proelite

Evan Daniels ‏@EvanDanielsFOX 5m
Time for Jeff Capel to get another head coaching gig. Point man on Jabari Parker, Jahlil Okafor, Tyus Jones, Justise Winslow & Rodney Hood.

Da Man.
jeff-capel-ou-basketball-coach-duke-basketball-basketball-dvds-basketball-plays-basketball-playbooks.jpg

Fjordson

Another top 15 recruit for Duke, hot damn.

The only positive I can take from this class for UK is that we won't have the #1 class attention/pressure on us next year
=[

I still like our class actually overall, but we're sorely missing another athletic wing. Oubre and Stanley Johnson going elsewhere were tough losses.

Florida State is beating down on VCU right now.

The ACC's road to redemption starts now?
Not watching the game, but I'm guessing they're following Michigan's blueprint from the NCAAs last year?

Ask PG to stare down that press => he has a horrible statistical game, and his team wins by 30.

Feeling pretty good that we missed out on Shaka and got Groce.

Fjordson

Has Justise Winslow been playing in the USA basketball program? Jeff Goodman was saying on Kentucky Sports Radio this morning that Coach K has really made a killing through that on the recruiting trail with some of these kids (kinda like Cal getting Karl Towns on the Dominican team). Interesting point that I hadn't really thought of. I'm jealous to be honest :lol

Top Bottom