• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-2014 NCAA Men's Basketball |OT|

God damn I love my team. We'll most likely be a bubble squad but these kids can play. Tate (fresh PG) is looking like a big time steal.
Groce is such a good coach.

We're seriously undermanned this year (shooters? What are shooters?), but we're still going to be fun to watch.

jakncoke

Banned
6-0 and Progressive Legends Classic champions. Not sure how good the team is yet though. We havent played anyone and our next couple games till Cincy isnt going to help

Duquesne
Penn St ( I wish John Johnson was playing, that lil fucker transferring out)
Loyola Marymount
Youngstown St

NIT Pre-Season Tip Off in MSG tonight (AKA Cameron Indoor Stadium North)

Drexel-Arizona at 7

Duke-Alabama at 9:30

Arizona should win comfortably. A week ago I would have said the same thing for Duke, but with a team that defends this poorly, you can't take any game for granted. I think Alabama is very game for the upset.

Fjordson

Nice second half to win by 20.

UK starts sooo slow, though. Like agonizingly slow, I don't get it. Until we fix that we're simply not a top 5 team.

6-0 and Progressive Legends Classic champions. Not sure how good the team is yet though. We havent played anyone and our next couple games till Cincy isnt going to help

Duquesne
Penn St ( I wish John Johnson was playing, that lil fucker transferring out)
Loyola Marymount
Youngstown St

Either way Pitt looks like a top 20 team from what I've seen. They've played poor teams, but they have handled them with ease. I would expect them to be ranked Monday

Seth C

That's one thing that has been painfully obvious. For instance, the other day I was watching a MSU game against somebody that was going down to the wire, and I turned it on to see the refs call 3 or 4 jump balls and practically no fouls down the stretch. Put some of the refs that called the first few KU games in there and they would have called 3 fouls before the MSU ref could have put both thumbs up to call a jump ball.

What's worse is the national media guys then claiming that X team played without fouling so why can't others. Actually watching the games shows that some refs are calling the game like last year while others are following the new focus. The refs right now deviate way too much.

No one will talk about it, but every ref in college basketball basically just calls the game however the fuck they feel like, so long as it is within reason that they can get away with it. It's a serious problem. There was way too many "judgment calls" and each ref plays favorites with teams or styles. It's honestly beginning to take the joy out of watching the game. Refs in college basketball absolutely have the power to decide who wins a game. They don't always exert that level of control, but the ability is there.

A moment ago highlighted how Quinn Cook still needs to mature. He gets too caught up in the last play, forgets about the more important next play.

He made a good drive and layup, but then stands there and flexes. Meanwhile, his man is racing down the court. Matt Jones ended up taking a charge, but Cook was beaten. Cut it out.

DominoKid

A moment ago highlighted how Quinn Cook still needs to mature. He gets too caught up in the last play, forgets about the more important next play.

He made a good drive and layup, but then stands there and flexes. Meanwhile, his man is racing down the court. Matt Jones ended up taking a charge, but Cook was beaten. Cut it out.

If QC was gonna grow out of that he would've done it by now. That shit really stuck out to me when I watched Oak Hill games.

I agree. He drove me crazy with that mess last year, particularly after bad plays with him hanging his head instead of getting back on defense, just compounding the error.

Gotta say, I'm really enjoying this year so far. Don't know if it's the hubbub about the rule changes or if it's something in the water, but the parity around the CBB landscape over these first few weeks has been tremendous.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I'll take a hard and sloppy win vs Alabama vs a really shitty win that should have been a loss vs Vermont.

Servbot24

Banned
Iowa comes from 15 behind to beat Xavier in OT. Marble scores 30 despite being injured midway through the 2nd half. That was intense, haha

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Butler is hanging tough. Too bad Roosevelt Jones is out for the season for Butler. Would have been a fun seeing him match up with Smart.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Michigan up 19 at the half on Coppin St. Stuaskas is sitting out with a sprained ankle. Zak Irvin shooting the ball well after going 4-13 against Charlotte.

Fjordson

End of Butler and OK State game was great. Marcus Smart needs to work on his free throws, though. His form is kinda mechanical and he seems to rush himself up there.

Top Bottom