• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-2014 NCAA Men's Basketball |OT|

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Duke to give up 100 pts in the pt tonight. Better than Smush Parker draining 360 behind the back eyes closed 3 pointers all day.

The thing I hate the most about playing in MSG is the fact that they leave both lines on the floor. Dudes who can't shoot college 3s throwing up bricks from NBA range drives me crazy.

Duke to give up 100 pts in the pt tonight. Better than Smush Parker draining 360 behind the back eyes closed 3 pointers all day.

We're gonna make Tarzouski look like Kareem

Fjordson

Sick block by Parker on Aaron Gordon.

Seeing Arizona's big (Tarzewski or however you spell it) next to Duke's forwards reminds you of just how small Duke is on the interior.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Quinn Cook with the cheat code perfomance so far. Dude should be our 3rd best player all day. Its just consistency.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I dont know how well Duke (Coach K specifically) will do without collecting as many charges as they usually do this season.

They don't get as many as people think. Right now, Hairston is the only one on the team who knows how to draw a classic charge. If Parker and Hood are so NBA ready as everyone says, I wanna see some NBA style flops, especially with these new rules on offense.

Fjordson

Parker with terrible shot selection so far. Also, the big man on Arizona is like afraid to score on the block. Getting pushed way out.

They don't get as many as people think. Right now, Hairston is the only one on the team who knows how to draw a classic charge. If Parker and Hood are so NBA ready as everyone says, I wanna see some NBA style flops, especially with these new rules on offense.

They've been right around the national average on charge calls for the past few years

It always seems like so many.... hmmm. Guess it wont be a big deal then

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Parker with terrible shot selection so far. Also, the big man on Arizona is like afraid to score on the block. Getting pushed way out.

Thats my only fear about Parker, is that he could shoot us out of a game on an off night. Singler did that on rare occasion, but Parker has taken it to baller level

As I said a few pages back, he reminds me more and more of Melo every game.

Not quite at Austin Rivers' level of fuckitball yet though.

Parker actually passes though. He's got to build chemistry with the others outside of Hood and break the habit of putting the team on his back. He can be like college Melo come March tho.

I think Parker will be great all season but he's going to cost Duke at least one big game because he thinks he's the team sometimes. Then again this year he just may be the team.

Noooo Vitale, please don't remind me of that 2011 Sweet 16 (AKA the year a foot and fucking Matt Howard kept us from back-to-back titles)

Derrick Williams dunking on the entire team is the stuff of nightmares.

Fjordson

Fun game to watch. Arizona's bigs should be doing a ton more against Duke's undersized forwards, though. Could cost AZ the game so long as Duke doesn't fall into bad shot selection by Parker and Hood.

Stephen Wiseman @stevewisemanNC
Duke has outscored Arizona 23-18 in the paint. Don't think that was anyone's pregame prediction.

AZ's bigs should have their schollies revoked. That's shameful.

Fjordson

Stephen Wiseman @stevewisemanNC
Duke has outscored Arizona 23-18 in the paint. Don't think that was anyone's pregame prediction.

AZ's bigs should have their schollies revoked. That's shameful.
Yeah, they're garbage right now. It's being offset a bit by Parker going 5 for 16 at the moment.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Did I just see a zone by Coach K? This team has zero stamina. He's going to have to learn to sub too and he hates that.

EDIT: And Parker misses a dunk. Time to get ready for 2014/15, this team isn't going anywhere.

gg Zona

This Duke team doesn't have enough offense around Jabari to compensate for him having a bad game. Hood's not enough to beat a team as good as AZ

This season will be worse, waaaaaay worse than 2011.

I don't know about waaaaaay worse. That team got curbstomped by UNC in Cameron, crash and burned out of the ACC tourney, and then was embarrassed by CJ McCollum in the NCAA.

We know at least one of those things won't happen.

That being said, they aren't winning a damn thing this year. Sweet 16, elite 8 in a favorable bracket, is their ceiling.

Fjordson

Eh? It's awful. Basically forbids guarding against the fast break and encourages out of control drives.
It's great. No reason to reward a defender sliding across the lane way late when a guy is already shooting. Should only get the charge when you're there before the offensive player.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
It's great. No reason to reward a defender sliding across the lane way late when a guy is already shooting. Should only get the charge when you're there before the offensive player.

Which is what Thornton did just there and they still didn't call it.

Duke needs to stop overplay M2M, needs to do pack in M2M and take their chances for the long shots to miss.

Fjordson

Which is what Thornton did just there and they still didn't call it.
I dunno, the one I saw looked like a good call. The AZ guard (Ashley maybe?) was well into his shooting motion before Thornton slid across the lane and got underneath him.

Edit: At least I think it was Thornton. We could be talking about different plays here.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I dunno, the one I saw looked like a good call. The AZ guard (Ashley maybe?) was well into his shooting motion before Thornton slid across the lane and got underneath him.

Edit: At least I think it was Thornton. We could be talking about different plays here.

It was Thornton. It didn't cost Duke the game so I'm not too worked up.

I thought this team would be fun to watch, and maybe they will be later, but right now, none of these pieces fit. I don't think Coach K has any idea how to make them fit either.

I'm ready for that NIT banner

Fjordson

What about Matt Jones getting more minutes? Could get a boost from his shooting maybe. I don't think I saw him out there tonight.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
What about Matt Jones getting more minutes? Could get a boost from his shooting maybe. I don't think I saw him out there tonight.

I like that idea, him and Semi Ojelye should play more. Good athletes, solid defense and they will be 4 year guys. I love Thornton and Hairston, but they aren't the most talented guys on the team. Our freshmen, however, can pay big dividends down the road, even this season.

So we beat Duke tonight...
tumblr_m9nhdh1f7T1qax6eqo1_250.gif

Fjordson

I like that idea, him and Semi Ojelye should play more. Good athletes, solid defense and they will be 4 year guys. I love Thornton and Hairston, but they aren't the most talented guys on the team. Our freshmen, however, can pay big dividends down the road, even this season.
Yeah, they will all get better down the road with experience. Even Parker, as great as he's been, will get better with his shot selection.

Top Bottom