• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-2014 NCAA Men's Basketball |OT|

Ugly second half thus far for IU but no worries. Syracuse won the game that mattered last March anyway, so it's not like this game means much for IU. At least they've gotten experience playing against the 2/3 zone so hopefully they'll learn from it.

Fjordson

Looking forward to this Duke / Michigan game, should be good.

Also, Dan Dakich is awful at his job. Just need to throw that out there. Glad this game is almost over.

Homering almost complete!

But I believe in Groce! We're still going to inexplicably win this game.
Please. Ga Tech is horrible, this would be one of those "wrong side of the NCAA bubble" kind of losses

e: Ugh

Inexplicable terrible collapse by the Illini. Up 12 you've got to close that game yet. Even worse was waiting till 5 sec left to shoot that 3. Ugh you have Ga Tech on the 1 and 1, shoot it at 10 sec then foul if you miss. Gives your team another chance to win or tie the game depending on the GT fts.

Penn St fighting at Pitt.

That late shot was amazing in another respect: it was on the wrong side of the court. Thornton has like one spot on the floor he makes shots from, and that is on the right side of the basket, about 5-7 feet off the baseline, behind the arc. Basically, directly across from where he took that last shot. That was late. And counted.

Oh, spoiler alert for future teams scouting reports, I guess.

thefro

Ugly second half thus far for IU but no worries. Syracuse won the game that mattered last March anyway, so it's not like this game means much for IU. At least they've gotten experience playing against the 2/3 zone so hopefully they'll learn from it.

I'm just glad they played fairly well in the first half after the bad start and came all the way back to take the lead and tie it at various points. Last year's team never recovered from that start. Didn't expect to win on the road at Syracuse anyway in early December.

Great coast to coast drive by Parker.

Of course Dickie V has to start going off and compare him to Lebron :lol

I refuse to acknowledge comparisons to out of program players when Grant Hill exists. Parker has a bit more girth and shoots it from the perimeter with more frequency (Hill took very few threes until his senior year), but their styles and abilities are just so similar.

Fjordson

I refuse to acknowledge comparisons to out of program players when Grant Hill exists. Parker has a bit more girth and shoots it from the perimeter with more frequency (Hill took very few threes until his senior year), but their styles and abilities are just so similar.
Yeah, I like that comparison.

Also, is it just me or was McGary super overrated coming into this year? Averaging 8 and 7, shooting below 50%. Even tonight against a soft inside team he's a total non-factor.

Yeah, I like that comparison.

Also, is it just me or was McGary super overrated coming into this year? Averaging 8 and 7, shooting below 50%. Even tonight against a soft inside team he's a total non-factor.

Wasn't he sort of average until March last year? Maybe he needs the madness.

Macho Man Mitch McGary

Fjordson

Wasn't he sort of average until March last year? Maybe he needs the madness.

Macho Man Mitch McGary
That's what I thought also, but I read from various media guys more than a few times before this season about how he was going to be one of the best big men in the country. Even was on some pre-season All-American lists. I just don't see it.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Dawkins has played very well in limited minutes this season, I think he needs more burn. His defense will never be top tier but he's past the "my offensive game tonight sucks so I'ma sulk" part. He's been active and in to it.

I don't think K can ride 6 or 7 guys this year like he's used to, he's going to have to rotate players

EDIT: I'm tired of Vitale's OMG JABARI IS LEBRON!!! shtick too.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Jabari with the pro hop and Vitale with the A+ effort to get me to hate Duke basketball.
I thought K asked him to not talk about Duke so damn much.

Top Bottom