• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-2014 NCAA Men's Basketball |OT|

On Sulaimon's DNP-CD

Laura Keeley ‏@laurakeeley 1m
Tyler Thornton on Rasheed Sulaimon: "He knows what he needs to do." Declines to go into specifics.

Laura Keeley ‏@laurakeeley 2m
Andre Dawkins on Rahseed Sulaimon's DNP: "That's basketball." Notes all the shooting guards have had DNPs. Got to earn it in practice #Duke

Recapping:

Duke, Syracuse, Georgia Tech, and Pitt all won for the ACC

Iowa won for the B1G. Minnesota's about to win for the B1G.

ACC-4
B1G-2

I believed in you, Florida State! What happened?

Notre Dame, you're out of the league. You can't come in and lose to Big Ten first game. Do that in football on your own time, this is a basketball league. Syracuse and Pitt got it done. No excuses.

NFreak

I believed in you, Florida State! What happened?

Notre Dame, you're out of the league. You can't come in and lose to Big Ten first game. Do that in football on your own time, this is a basketball league. Syracuse and Pitt got it done. No excuses.

Iowa looks to be pretty damn good this year. They have crazy depth so I wouldn't put it against ND for losing this one.

Fjordson

Apparently UK has been in frequent contact with Rashad Vaughn lately. Only backed off because they knew he was deciding in the spring and had to focus on their early signees. Orlando Antigua was at his game today.

Cool I guess? Seems like it could be too little, too late. But we could really use one more wing player for our class next year.

I'm just glad they played fairly well in the first half after the bad start and came all the way back to take the lead and tie it at various points. Last year's team never recovered from that start. Didn't expect to win on the road at Syracuse anyway in early December.

Yeah I like what Ive seen for the most part from the team this season. They really could have beaten UConn (who I found fairly underwhelming) but otherwise they are right where you'd figure they'd be at this point.

Outside shooting will remain the achilles heel all season but I think IU can continue to be pretty great on the glass and bother teams defensively with their length. Id like to see Stan Robinson play more (despite some of his miscues) than Evan Gordon but otherwise Im okay w/ what I've seen.

Enjoyable to have a team that doesnt have high expectations beyond making the tournament. I think 6th in the B1G is reasonable. Just hoping we get yr 2 out of Vonleh and Williams to pair with our shooters next season (cant wait for Blackmon, Johnson and Hoetzel).

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
At least you lost to Duke. We fucking lost to Georgia Tech. Got homered by the refs too. I understand that happening if you're at Duke or UNCl, but @ GTech? Fucking kill me plz.

Oh I definitely feel that the refs took the game from us in the first 5-7 minutes. Duke was literally handed 5 free points on blown calls and Quinn Cook was blatantly mugging Walton on every single touch of every single possession. I stopped counting after the 5th elbow blast to Derrick's kidneys.

The refs called a few fouls and we got into the bonus pretty quick but it was like playing Purdue where they were daring the refs to call a foul on every single possession. So for every foul called there were about 25 not getting called. And magically once we got into the bonus the fouls stopped like someone turned off a faucet yet the way they were playing D didn't change one bit.

Oh I definitely feel that the refs took the game from us in the first 5-7 minutes. Duke was literally handed 5 free points on blown calls and Quinn Cook was blatantly mugging Walton on every single touch of every single possession. I stopped counting after the 5th elbow blast to Derrick's kidneys.

The refs called a few fouls and we got into the bonus pretty quick but it was like playing Purdue where they were daring the refs to call a foul on every single possession. So for every foul called there were about 25 not getting called. And magically once we got into the bonus the fouls stopped like someone turned off a faucet yet the way they were playing D didn't change one bit.

Really?

Are we really going to play the foul game when you shot more free throws than we did? Hell, take away the needless hacking at the end of the game, and you shot almost double the number of free throws. We had 18 fouls, you had 17 (which was probably 12 or 13 before it became Hack-A-Quinn time)

I'll give you the shot clock violation early in the game, those three points shouldn't have counted. But that happened way too early in the game for that to be the reason you lost.

Proelite

There was NO way Michigan would have won in Cameron with the way they're playing.

I was more impressed with Vermont and ECU.

I think MSU-UNC will be a lot closer than people are saying.

This Carolina team has the tendency to play to the level of competition, and they can definitely get out and run with Sparty if it comes to a track meet.

Proelite

I hope UNC wins.

Sports fans always needs to be humbled. Given the amount of shit that Duke fans have talked about UNC, we're due for some karma.

my mind is blown right now.

Like I said, UNC plays to the level of their competition.

If they hold on, they will have two wins against top 3 teams and two losses against teams out of the top 50 all in the span of a month. They'll beat MSU and then turn around and lose to fucking ITT Tech or someone.

It helps that Roy (and K) has this weird voodoo hex on Izzo.

Top Bottom