• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-2014 NCAA Men's Basketball |OT|

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Yeah because Michigan State teams never improve by March...
Wouldn't matter because if they played UNC in March, they're going home.

Keep in mind that I never said Izzo wasn't a good coach, but for all the praise thats heaped on the guy, I don't think he really has much to justify it.

I hope PJ and LMac returns.

This UNC will be very interesting to watch.

LMac will be back...probably sooner rather than later.

If I'm in that program, I'm hoping the NCAA goes ahead and announcing what they're doing with PJ rather than drag it out. Even if he's gone for the year (or beyond), that's better than having that cloud hang over the team while he can't play anyway.

linko9

Hell of a weird season for us so far... Go Heels! We've just got to find a way to keep confidence from game to game.

GoodmanESPN Jeff Goodman
North Carolina should have its own separate ranking. Most unpredictable.

In other news, THE GREATEST BASKETBALL CONFERENCE IN HUMAN HISTORY could only muster a measly tie against the B1G.

BasejrjCUAAB3YP.jpg:large

Syracuse, GT, Pitt, Duke, NC State, UNC can all stay.

The rest of yall can gtfo.

Proelite

UNC next year.

Kennedy Meeks
Brice Johnson
Justin Jackson
Marcus Paige
Joel Berry

Bench:
Joel James
Desmond Hubert
James McAdoo
Isiah Hicks
Jackson Simmons
Theo Pinson
J.P Tokoto
Nate Britt

Dat depth.
Dat Guaranteed 2015 Nattie.

Didn't watch any games tonight because I'm still pissed about that Illini loss, but I want to register my reaction to that Wisconsin score:

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

PS: WTF, Sparty? Apparently getting clowned by UNC is just Izzo's thing? There's no reason that should happen. Though it is December...

iamblades

Like I said, UNC plays to the level of their competition.

If they hold on, they will have two wins against top 3 teams and two losses against teams out of the top 50 all in the span of a month. They'll beat MSU and then turn around and lose to fucking ITT Tech or someone.

It helps that Roy (and K) has this weird voodoo hex on Izzo.

'Playing to the level of competition' doesn't really explain it though.

I just think Roy's teams are really good at forcing other teams to play at their pace, and that's why they beat better teams that need to play a certain style to win, like Louisville and MSU. If you can beat Louisville and MSU in transition you take away their greatest strengths, and that's the one thing Roy is good at as a coach.

Talon

I just think Roy's teams are really good at forcing other teams to play at their pace, and that's why they beat better teams that need to play a certain style to win, like Louisville and MSU. If you can beat Louisville and MSU in transition you take away their greatest strengths, and that's the one thing Roy is good at as a coach.
Most importantly, that National Championship was a mismatch of epic proportions.

I'm talking about this specific team (2013-2014 UNC) playing to the level of their competition. Not Roy's teams in general.

Rumor: Alex Murphy is gone once this semester is done. Can't blame him.

He reclassified so if he takes another year for a transfer, he'll still be the same age as a normal redshirt junior, so that won't hurt him too much.

But yeah, I'm not surprised. He barely got off the bench last year and he hasn't gotten any run this year. It's clear that he's not in K's future plans, so it's best for him (and ultimately best for the school) that they go their separate ways.

On a side note, MP3 needs to get a significant bump in minutes. You put him in the game and he gives you a rim protector and rebounder, which is really all they need from the 5. They have enough scoring at the 1-4 (if/when Sheed leaves the island or Matt Jones/ Dre Dawkins are hot). He's a constant worker too, which is a plus. Yeah, Plumlee's an ol Easter Island head looking dude, but you put him in the game and good things happen, look at the UM tape.

Good luck to Robocop whereever he ends up. It was just never in the cards here apparently. People forget that he was #12 in his class before he reclassified, dude can definitely ball. Hope he gets a chance to show that on his next stop.

I would be really, really surprised if Sulaimon transfers.

I feel that's more of the standard "This Duke player's not getting run so he must be ready to bail" rumors that get started but never pan out.

Sheed is definitely in K's doghouse now, but he'll find his way out. K thinks highly of him, he just needs to raise and even out his level of play.

Plus, you have to look at who's coming in/ leaving next year. Thornton's gone and if QC plays his way into the first round he may be gone too. That leaves Tyus at the 1 and then Sulaimon-Jones-Allen at the 2 probably in that order. I don't think there's anyway Sheed doesn't start next year.

Kentucky reeks of fraudulence this year. We're all thinking it. This game will confirm it, I fear.

Perhaps, but I'm pretty excited about the game. I've liked Kentucky since I was a kid and now that I live in Dallas I get the chance to see them for the first time. Plus it's free box suite tickets; can't pass that shit up.

Perhaps, but I'm pretty excited about the game. I've liked Kentucky since I was a kid and now that I live in Dallas I get the chance to see them for the first time. Plus it's free box suite tickets; can't pass that shit up.

Oh, definitely. I used to go to games when I was a kid at Rupp.

Fjordson

I'm excited for the UK / Baylor game tonight. Bit nervous, but we played well against Providence so I definitely think we can win so long as we don't let their shooters go off too much.

Apparently there's going to be next to no one at the game, though. Insane ice storm moving through that entire region, keeping a lot of people at home today. Gonna be weird seeing a stadium as big as Jerry World being almost empty on TV.

I'm excited for the UK / Baylor game tonight. Bit nervous, but we played well against Providence so I definitely think we can win so long as we don't let their shooters go off too much.

Apparently there's going to be next to no one at the game, though. Insane ice storm moving through that entire region, keeping a lot of people at home today. Gonna be weird seeing a stadium as big as Jerry World being almost empty on TV.

Yeah the ice storm came right up through where I live in Dayton, Ohio. Still going it has been non stop for almost a day now, haha. I have a feeling there will still be a lot of people at that game. UK fans show up no matter what.

I'm really excited about this game. I want us to win big. Squelch all the haters.

Fjordson

Baylor and UK starting now on ESPN.

Going to be a tough game. Just hope we can contain their shooters and rebound decently.

DominoKid

UKphotogs UK Photo 2m
.@KentuckyMBB players react to a game tying shot that to send @UKHoopCats game into double OT #BBN #WeAreUK pic.twitter.com/THb34ZGAYo

Ba2fuoxCYAAAHaB.jpg:large

not sure which harrison that is but he has my favorite reaction in the whole picture.

Top Bottom