• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-2014 NCAA Men's Basketball |OT|

Fjordson

Average first half. Offense has been okay, but some pretty terrible pick & roll defense on the other end.

Also, I'm already annoyed by teams playing zone against UK :lol so tired of it. Unfortunately I think we're going to get zoned all year.

iamblades

Average first half. Offense has been okay, but some pretty terrible pick & roll defense on the other end.

Also, I'm already annoyed by teams playing zone against UK :lol so tired of it. Unfortunately I think we're going to get zoned all year.

It's about what I expected so far, defensive fundamentals are still a work in progress and a team as good as this will be able to exploit it.

That said, god this offense looks beautiful when everything clicks. 17 assists on 19 made FG..

To be fair, attendance was hurt big-time due to the ice storm in North Texas.

But generally I agree. Basketball should be played in basketball arenas, not football stadiums.

The bigger the stadium, the more tickets they can sell. Thats all they care about. And this is the site of the final 4 so get acquainted now.

The bigger the stadium, the more tickets they can sell. Thats all they care about. And this is the site of the final 4 so get acquainted now.

I know all that. Cash rules everything around the NCAA. The FF has been in domes since 96 and I don't see that changing anytime soon. I'm glad to see they are ditching the domes for regional semis and finals though.

Fjordson

Fucking annoying loss. Hope we drop well out of the top 10 where we belong. Terrible defense, terrible rebounding. 50% from the line. Didn't deserve to win tonight.

Team needs to make some major improvements.

Julius Randle has some of the least active hands I've seen on defense.

That random switching he kept doing was weird too. Needs to focus on a lot on fundamentals as does everyone else on the team.

Fjordson

Julius Randle has some of the least active hands I've seen on defense.

That random switching he kept doing was weird too. Needs to focus on a lot on fundamentals as does everyone else on the team.
Yeah, some of our switching was bizarre. Left guys wide open. I mean the idea is okay, but we need to work on when we do it. Baylor's PG killed us from midrange on a few key possessions because of that.

DominoKid

Shady's boys looked soft and ill-tempered tonight. He needs to set an example that pouting, lazy defense and soft play will not be tolerated. I'd have a quick hook on anybody I saw that from in the next game. Status be damned.

cashman

Banned
Not closing this well at all. Gave up a 16 points lead.

Now down by 1.

edit: Texas ends up winning in Overtime. Pretty sloppy finish but a road win is a road win.

Wiggins needs to deliver in the last 2 minutes. He still hasn't shown he has superstar potential.

Jayhawks are not a very good team right now.

Probably 3rd best in the Big 12 right now. Of course Kansas always seems to find a way to win the Big 12 even when they don't look that hot in out of conference

Nesotenso

well at least Wiggins took over in the 2nd half. There is really no excuse for all those turnovers and the 3 point shooting. Got to improve fast. Next game is going to be tougher.

Fjordson

Arizona survives a close one. Guessing they'll be number one in the polls on Monday.

God, if only we could have rebounded and made our fuckin' free throws we could have moved up to #2. UK has a lot of work to do.

DominoKid

swagged on em

826258399.gif

Tough win for Arizona today. UNLV really came to play and the cats missed about 20 bunnies. This team has had a hard time finishing all season so far, hope they clean that shit up. Also poor Aaron Gordon played a horrible game then got his eye busted open buy a team mate. He will have a shiner tomorrow for sure. :lol

I'm not looking forward to Arizona playing Colorado in Boulder. That will be a crazy ass game as the buffs will be all jacked up. The buffs have a hard-on for Arizona and focus their entire season on them.

Top Bottom