• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-2014 NCAA Men's Basketball |OT|

The Twins' ball security is at 0

Tom Crean?

Screen-Shot-2013-03-25-at-9.36.18-PM.jpg

scaledphpserver195filen.png

What's happening here?

JMM just driving for fouls.

Gross.

This is the way to play the game in this NCAA.

Fjordson

Disappointing game. Especially by Randle. To get so thoroughly outplayed by the likes of James Michael McAdoo is quite frankly embarrassing.

Not that losing at a tough place like North Carolina is the worst thing ever, but the way we've lost games this year is tough to stomach. Awful turnovers, breakdowns on the defensive glass, silly fouls, awful FT shooting. Seems like we can never put together a complete game against good opponents.

iamblades

No way we were winning with Roger Ayers there.

Refs are shit I know, but I don't understand how anyone can miss Harrison getting knocked to the ground from behind in the open court. It was blatant and right in front of everyone, and it basically handed UNC the win.

Seth C

Refs are shit I know, but I don't understand how anyone can miss Harrison getting knocked to the ground from behind in the open court. It was blatant and right in front of everyone, and it basically handed UNC the win.

Ayers has refed 6 of our games since Calipari got here. He has called one technical, on Calipari, in 3 of those. He has refed 3 of our games against UNC, we have lost all 3.

linko9

That was a fun game to watch. But it's clear that we need PJ and LMac back. Can't win most games with no outside game and only 1 guy who can hit from the line. Really happy to get that one!

CronoShot

Good win for KU after a rough stretch. Much more poise in this game.

And if I was an NBA GM, I would take Embiid over Wiggins right now.

Talon

Fjord, does Andrew Harrison usually cough up the ball that much in the backcourt? There were at least two plays where he just lost a ball from a lazy pass in the backcourt.

Fjordson

Fjord, does Andrew Harrison usually cough up the ball that much in the backcourt? There were at least two plays where he just lost a ball from a lazy pass in the backcourt.
Last few games he hasn't. He's been playing better.

That being said, overall on the season? He's been a mediocre a passer at best and the scary thing is: he's probably our best. We seem to be struggling with simple passes. Outlets up the court for fastbreaks, post entry passes. The lazy passes to the wing when the defense is in a zone are really bad also since it's basically an automatic fast break. Very weak passing team so far this season.

Still, despite the bad free throws and a few lazy turnovers I think he played pretty well today. Think he had 17 points, 7 assists and like 6-7 boards. Both of the twins played pretty well today.

We just got nothing inside. Neither Randle or Dakari Johnson did much. Which is disappointing since I really don't think McAdoo is all that good. I figured Randle would get his against him and the other frontcourt players for Carolina.

Talon

Good game Carolina. Refs really stepped it up for you all today.
Honestly, they were garbage on both ends. That last 8 minute stretch in the first half was unwatchable.
Last few games he hasn't. He's been playing better.

That being said, overall on the season? He's been a mediocre a passer at best and the scary thing is: he's probably our best. We seem to be struggling with simple passes. Outlets up the court for fastbreaks, post entry passes. The lazy passes to the wing when the defense is in a zone are really bad also since it's basically an automatic fast break. Very weak passing team so far this season.
Seems like Julius is a little too loose with the ball, too. He travelled twice in like a 4 minute stretch. Dude is super talented. I definitely love watching him play, but he needs to know that he's skilled enough to where he doesn't need to drive that often.

Fjordson

Seems like Julius is a little too loose with the ball, too. He travelled twice in like a 4 minute stretch. Dude is super talented. I definitely love watching him play, but he needs to know that he's skilled enough to where he doesn't need to drive that often.
Definitely. He's still learning how and when to attack. And he's still getting used to extra defenders poking at him as he drives. Last I checked he was averaging over 3 and a half turnovers a game.

Talon

Definitely. He's still learning how and when to attack. And he's still getting used to extra defenders poking at him as he drives. Last I checked he was averaging over 3 and a half turnovers a game.
Yeah, that ain't good. I mean, looking at his high school highlights, you get why he still does that. Those highlights of him tripping up guards with his moves are just ridiculous and hilarious.

I could feel Cal's pain on the sidelines with all the dumb turnovers.

Fjordson

Yeah, that ain't good. I mean, looking at his high school highlights, you get why he still does that. Those highlights of him tripping up guards with his moves are just ridiculous and hilarious.

I could feel Cal's pain on the sidelines with all the dumb turnovers.

Yeah exactly. Doesn't realize how quick some of these guards are when they swipe at the ball.

The turnovers and some of our rebounding are frustrating. Overall we beat UNC on the glass I think, but we have this odd habit of giving up offensive rebounds on the freethrows. I think it's our guards who are just sort of standing above the 3 line, so if the ball bounces anywhere past Randle and Cauley-Stein our other three players are like shocked and not ready to grab it :lol it happened on a few key possessions in the last two minutes of the Baylor game and sort of helped them seal that loss.

Bowser

UNC let him do what he wanted to do (play point forward) and not what he should do (be a low-block beast and post up). He needs to realize he's not Kevin Durant and stop launching perimeter jumpers and trying to cross guards over.

GIF of the game:

fyC0Yh.gif

Fjordson

UNC let him do what he wanted to do (play point forward) and not what he should do (be a low-block beast and post up). He needs to realize he's not Kevin Durant and stop launching perimeter jumpers and trying to cross guards over.
He definitely needed to post up more today. And yeah, he can't fall in love with the outside shot.

I do think he can drive it from the perimeter. He did it against MSU and some of our other games. He just needs to pick his spots better. I wish we'd run some offense to get him isolated on one side of the floor and let him break his man down. That's worked well for us. What doesn't work is when he dances with it at the top of the key. Basically letting the entire defense prepare for what he's about to do. And then when he does start to drive down the middle one of the guards on the wing can reach in and poke it away.

GIF of the game:

fyC0Yh.gif

Oh, that oop you all got when Young got yanked down from behind.

Yeah, that was an amazing play. Crazy how open he was after his defender tossed him to the ground.

Top Bottom