• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-2014 NCAA Men's Basketball |OT|

linko9

Honestly, I can't be mad at that loss. Sucks that we're letting the free throw thing get to us mentally, but it can only go up from here... right? I really thought we'd pull it out through most of the last 4:00, but it just wasn't to be. For whatever reason, we just can't get past Texas, so I really can't too bummed about this loss, just one of those things.

Bowser

Andrew Carter ‏@_andrewcarter 11m
#UNC spokesman Steve Kirschner says the school hopes to have Hairston issue resolved by the end of the week.

Hmm..

DominoKid

Andrew Carter ‏@_andrewcarter 11m
#UNC spokesman Steve Kirschner says the school hopes to have Hairston issue resolved by the end of the week.

Hmm..

praying to the Based God and the Trap God...

but he's probably just gonna go ball out in the NBA.

Dick Vitale ‏@DickieV 24m
UNC has 3 losses & in those 3 games they shot 50 - 106 on the free throw line - that spells disaster in close games!

67795-Brittany-Big-Brother-cringe-gi-Sa6f.gif

Bowser

Dick Vitale ‏@DickieV 24m
UNC has 3 losses & in those 3 games they shot 50 - 106 on the free throw line - that spells disaster in close games!

http://img.pandawhale.com/67795-Brittany-Big-Brother-cringe-gi-Sa6f.gifmg][/QUOTE]

Take out Paige, and that becomes 37-92 (40.2%).

It's insane. I can understand how some guys like Joel and Meeks aren't that great at the FT line. But JP? Leslie? Britt? WTF guys?

Leslie: 3-8 (37.5%)
Britt: 17-27 (63.0%)
McAdoo: 49-90 (54.4%)
Tokoto: 15-39 (38.5%) - JAAAYYYZZZUSSSS

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Take out Paige, and that becomes 37-92 (40.2%).

It's insane. I can understand how some guys like Joel and Meeks aren't that great at the FT line. But JP? Leslie? Britt? WTF guys?

Leslie: 3-8 (37.5%)
Britt: 17-27 (63.0%)
McAdoo: 49-90 (54.4%)
Tokoto: 15-39 (38.5%) - JAAAYYYZZZUSSSS

I remember when the worst FT shooters for Duke and UNC were in the low 70s or high 60s back in the day. Now J R Reid would be the guy you'd least likely want to foul. My mind can't deal with that.

thefro

@DustinDopirak Confirmed that Indiana's Assembly Hall will be renamed Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall.

gross

Skjodt is pronounced "Scott" apparently, so it's not too bad. Her family owns the Indiana Pacers and Simon Property Group (owns a ton of shopping malls and outlet centers).

Pretty big renovation on tap from the rumors. Glad to hear that they're keeping the building as it's got a lot of character... just need to fix some things with the seating layout.

Skjodt is pronounced "Scott" apparently, so it's not too bad. Her family owns the Indiana Pacers and Simon Property Group (owns a ton of shopping malls and outlet centers).

Pretty big renovation on tap from the rumors. Glad to hear that they're keeping the building as it's got a lot of character... just need to fix some things with the seating layout.

Historic stadiums/arenas getting corporate names put on them just rubs me the wrong way.

Bowser

i'm surprised McAdoo shoots better than Tokoto. McAdoo's FT shot looks like a throw-and-hope.

At least McAdoo hits the rim on his attempts. JP's had several that look like they've barely grazed it. I don't know how his FT stroke can be so horrendous.

At least McAdoo hits the rim on his attempts. JP's had several that look like they've barely grazed it. I don't know how his FT stroke can be so horrendous.

McAdoo shoots his FT's at way too high an angle. 45 degrees is optimal, he probably shoots at a 70 degree angle. That gives the ball more air to travel through, and more opportunity for the ball to go off-line.

I, for one, am glad that Duke has discovered how to play against a zone.

Move the ball, get it into the paint and force a collapse and then pass back out.

It's elementary, but everyone sees IM OPEN TIME TO SHOOT

That was a really quick game, barely over two hours. That's a rarity with this year's whistlehappy refs.

Also for the UNC fans, the Lakers just signed ya boy Kendall Marshall.

bachikarn

That was a really quick game, barely over two hours. That's a rarity with this year's whistlehappy refs.

Not sure it applies here, but the theory is that the new rules will make less fouls in the long term. Just going to take some time in the short term for coaches/players to adjust to the new rules.

Top Bottom