• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-2014 NCAA Men's Basketball |OT|

How was it lost upon this thread that Carolina (a) played and (b) went to overtime against Davidson today? Where's our Tar Heel constituency?

ND's place in the ACC is on review. Bad losses to Indiana State and North Dakota State were forgivable, but that
mjchokehand.png
tonight was too much.

I already kicked them out after they took the L to Iowa in their first ACC/Big Ten game.

Stephen Curry has to quit betting on Davidson.

Stephen Curry ‏@StephenCurry30 10h
Also. Tweets will be limited as this is my new profile for a minute. #wildcats. Yall got lucky @HBarnes

L_wQzghF.jpeg

You'll recall that earlier in the year, he lost big to younger brother Seth.

Stephen Curry ‏@StephenCurry30 8 Nov
Officially have a bet for the game tonight with @sdotcurry. 2 boxes of sour patch kids peaches. Let's go Davidson

When will it end, Stephen? Reach out, get help.

Notre Dame will spend the rest of the season without leading scorer Jerian Grant. He's no longer enrolled because of an academic issue.

Funny how a player can go from eligible on Saturday to not eligible on sunday....

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Two day apart double.

ISU pulled out the tourney win in an ugly game against Boise and their moving screen offense. Glad Kane bailed us out, we need to play better in Big 12 play.

11-0 though. Best start in school history.

Two day apart double.

ISU pulled out the tourney win in an ugly game against Boise and their moving screen offense. Glad Kane bailed us out, we need to play better in Big 12 play.

11-0 though. Best start in school history.
I agree. It definitely wasn't pretty. It was a slugfest down low at times. But they pulled out the W. One of these days they'll decide to start playing before they're down double digits.

Can't believe Boise let Iowa State get three rebounds off free throw misses. Especially Hogue's at the end.

DominoKid

well this article makes me wonder how long Roy is gonna hang around.
Back in Asheville, as his family celebrates Christmas, Scott Williams looks at his father and can’t help but wonder how much longer he’ll continue to coach. He said his mother, Wanda, has been trying to get Roy to retire for the last five years but hasn’t had any luck.

“He’s doing all he can to fight Father Time,” Scott said, “but it’s an uphill battle.”

Even before Roy developed flu-like symptoms, Scott said he could sense a change in his dad.

“He’s just worn down,” Scott said. “You can see it in his look and his demeanor and his attitude. It’s tough when your emotional and mental state is in such disarray that it affects your physical being. But that’s been the obvious thing. It’s draining on him.

“The urge is to tell him, ‘You’re no spring chicken. You need to take some time off.’”

Deep down, though, Scott knows it wouldn’t do any good. Despite all of the recent hardships, his father is as competitive and motivated as ever.

Williams is working out with North Carolina’s strength coach nearly five days a week—dumbbells, ropes, push-ups, sit-ups, the works—and running between 3.5 and five miles each afternoon.

Even if it’s temporary, Williams said the exercise brightens his mood. As the Hairston situation fades and the season moves on, Williams hopes the worst is behind him. Things will only get better from here.

“They’ve got to,” he said softly. “They’ve got to.”

i really can't see him going past 2015. wonder who we would get to replace him. hopefully someone "outside the family" because we don't have anyone i'd feel comfortable handing the reigns to.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
K's going to be gone within three years too.

Tobacco Road's about to look very different

The 2016 Olympic games will be K's sendoff. I think he wants one more run at the FF and will likely get that next year, but its not essential. The 2010 title put him in select company and it was unexpected, I think he genuinely enjoyed that team's run.

I don't know about Roy. I think he is tired, I think he is worried and I think he feels 2009 is really farther away than it is. I think Roy would like to have one good year without any distractions and to leave on his own terms. Like Domino, I think that will be sooner than later.

Fjordson

No Coach K in college basketball will be really weird.

I already am dreading the day Calipari leaves UK. He's always said he isn't a lifelong and the job has already aged him quite a bit these last five years.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Damn, McGary more than likely out for the season due to back surgery. Feel bad for the guy since he stayed an extra year. I can't see his stock getting any higher than what it was after the tournament last year

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...an-wolverines-back-surgery-season-likely-over

I hate that for McGary. Back injuries and Achilles injuries are the big two you want to avoid. Knee injuries are bad too but they seem to have a lot of new treatments that are pretty effective.

This game

index.php

I should've known it would be another long day when K (who I'm convinced is trolling at this point) sent out a starting line up with Thornton, Hairston, and no Hood.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I hate that for McGary. Back injuries and Achilles injuries are the big two you want to avoid. Knee injuries are bad too but they seem to have a lot of new treatments that are pretty effective.

Hips are also really bad for bigs. Michigan had a 7 footer named Ben Cronin whose career ended almost before it started because he never recovered from a hip injury.

Sheed Sulaimon is having his best game of the season by far.

Duke as a whole has perked up a bit and starting to pull away. They had to be carried by Parker AKA Kid Melo AKA Next Coming AKA Vitale's mancrush in the first half though.

Fjordson

Not a bad half by UK, I'll take it. Randle has played great.

But did anyone else see that dunk over Randle by Russ Smith? Holy shit.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Sheed Sulaimon is having his best game of the season by far.

Duke as a whole has perked up a bit and starting to pull away. They had to be carried by Parker AKA Kid Melo AKA Next Coming AKA Vitale's mancrush in the first half though.

Parker passes too much to be kid Melo.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I thought Randall was going to pass out and die there.

EDIT: WHy is nobody here? This is the last marquee matchup of the year before conference play starts and nobody cares? Is there a good bowl game on? That UNC/Cincy game was ass.

Fjordson

Something happened to Randle. They said cramps, but I dunno, he's barely moving out there. Really changing the tide of this game right now.

Fjordson

Not over yet. We've hit some shots, but our offense is a little stagnant with Randle gone.

Seriously wondering wtf happened to Randle. He hasn't even been on the bench.

Pretty sure UNC is the best basketball team in Kentucky this year. Also did I see that UNC Greensboro beat VT? LOL.

AT Rupp, UNC loses that game.

UK needed this shit REAL bad. Needed a strong non-conference win. Seeing how Louisville might lose 1 time during conference play, it should hold.

Fjordson

Nice win. Harrisons are really coming along nicely.

Just need to hit some free throws, we're still pretty bad at the line. And hopefully Randle isn't injured. He played like two minutes the entire second half.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Nice win. Harrisons are really coming along nicely.

Just need to hit some free throws, we're still pretty bad at the line. And hopefully Randle isn't injured. He played like two minutes the entire second half.

His body language after his knees hit Smith's was concerning. It didn't look like pain, more like extreme fatigue. I hope he's okay.

Nice win, although good gah, MAKE YOUR FREE THROWS, ESPECIALLY YOU, ANDREW!

Hilarious to see Louisville making excuses when they really didn't control the game after the 8-0 start. They're a nice top 20 team, but not a Final Four contender, IMO.

Illini "squeak" by UIC. SMH we need to stop playing scrub schools @ the UC. Our United Center game used to be a premiere matchup, now its UIC? Ugh.

Big Cliff today had 37 pts 26 rebs and 6 blks #stillhurts

Actually made it to the UK/UofL game today after spending the last few days in Lexington before we fly back west. Worth every penny.

His body language after his knees hit Smith's was concerning. It didn't look like pain, more like extreme fatigue. I hope he's okay.

Cramps. He went back to the locker room for a good while and got fluids and then immediately cramped back up when he came back out.

Top Bottom