• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-2014 NCAA Men's Basketball |OT|

SportsCenter ‏@SportsCenter 12m
Tough weekend for teams from North Carolina. Panthers, Duke, UNC, NC State, Wake, Hurricanes and Bobcats (x2) went a combined 0-for-8.

Worse than I realized. Panthers and Heels losing makes up for all that carnage, though. Panthers losing to my Niners makes the weekend altogether sweet.

Niners fan? Woo! We looked pretty good today in that second half.

Yes sir, I've been in North Carolina my whole life and longer than the Panthers have, and the 49ers have been my team since I discovered more teams than just the Cowboys existed (Dallas being my dad's favorite team when I was growing up, for the first few years, I literally thought all football players were called Cowboys for a while). I like the Panthers from a civic pride standpoint (which has nothing to do with winning or losing), but on the field and airwaves, they're just a plain nuisance.

As for the Niners, they're going to have to figure out how to play in Seattle now. The last two times haven't been good. Visions of T.O. and a sharpie, that's the swag the 49ers need.

Fjordson

As for the Niners, they're going to have to figure out how to play in Seattle now. The last two times haven't been good. Visions of T.O. and a sharpie, that's the swag the 49ers need.
Agreed. That's part of why I love Boldin. Though I guess it's more toughness than swag with him, but either way I thank the gods every day damn day that we stole him from Baltimore.

jakncoke

Banned
So apparently Pitt got a really good recruit for 2016, like the best Conn recruit or something because his dad and jamie dixon played some pro ball together

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
1 Arizona (61) 17-0 1,621
2 Syracuse (4) 16-0 1,560
3 Wisconsin 16-0 1,482
4 Michigan State 15-1 1,442
5 Wichita State 17-0 1,300
6 Villanova 15-1 1,289
7 Florida 13-2 1,205
8 Iowa State 14-1 1,048
9 Oklahoma State 14-2 1,046
10 San Diego State 14-1 1,020
11 Ohio State 15-2 979
12 Baylor 13-2 952
13 Kentucky 12-3 912
14 Iowa 14-3 831
15 Kansas 11-4 686
16 Massachusetts 14-1 579
17 Memphis 12-3 536
18 Louisville 14-3 525
19 Cincinnati 15-2 405
20 Creighton 14-2 329
21 Colorado 14-3 328
22 Pittsburgh 15-1 299
23 Duke 12-4 193
24 Saint Louis 15-2 148
25 Oklahoma 13-3 103
25 UCLA 13-3 103

We (Iowa State) moved up after a loss to previously unranked Oklahoma. Wow. Figured we'd be like 15. Also glad to see Iowa moving on up.

eznark

Banned
They're going to be unbeatable at home due to the ridiculous disparity in fouls and free throws they've enjoyed at Kohl for a number of years.

alligator_tears_by_moijoie.jpg

You don't want to see Joe Harris drop 30+ on Duke and silence the crazies? I kinda do. Now that the train is going off the track, I want the crash to be SPECTACULAR!

There's a home winning streak to consider.

Duke is not far away from a cluster of road games, though. 3 of the next 4 are at home (the road game is Miami on 1/22, home games are UVA, NCSU and FSU), but then 4 of the next 5 are on the road, with stops at Pitt, Syracuse, Boston College, and Carolina sandwiched around a home game with Wake. If there's any additional exposing to be done, it will be.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
This is the first game I've seen in Cameron where the refs are actually favoring the other team. That'll probably change this half.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Jabari Parker's shot selection makes Austin Rivers look like Tony Parker

EDIT: If you needed proof that K would have been a shitty pro coach, look no further than nobody on his team has any idea how to run a pick and roll despite numerous opportunities to do so.

Jabari Parker's shot selection makes Austin Rivers look like Tony Parker

EDIT: If you needed proof that K would have been a shitty pro coach, look no further than nobody on his team has any idea how to run a pick and roll despite numerous opportunities to do so.

Melo 2.0

You take the good (which is still tremendous) with the bad, but he's going to frustrate his team's fans at the next level with some of the dumb shots he takes.

EDIT: I'll never root against Duke, but this is comedy at this point.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Sheed might bail us out.

Parker fucking sucks. I hope he gone after this year. Anyone can jack up ill advised jumshots.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Blue Devils are going to look strange as a 9 seed.
They'll be the only 8/9 side that nobody picks to upset anyone....cept Vitale.

EDIT: Some of K's comments have suggested that he's pretty shook after his brother's death. I know they were close, and I wonder if he won't take any time off because of 95.

jakncoke

Banned
If Cuse loses to BC i'll lol so hard. Do we have Cuse fans on here, I cant remember. We need more fans dammit. I swear 60% of the major programs doesnt even have 1 rep

damn BC gonna give us the work this saturday?

Would that be the first 0-4 conference start for UNC?

Fjordson

Parker's bad shot selection is kind of weird. Was he just hitting them earlier in the year and so no one noticed? Or is this a new trend for him? I've only watched Duke like three times this year, but I feel like I didn't see too many bad shots from him before. I mean some of these recently are like J.R. Smith / Nick Young heatcheck bad. Especially those stepback 3's.

Parker's bad shot selection is kind of weird. Was he just hitting them earlier in the year and so no one noticed? Or is this a new trend for him? I've only watched Duke like three times this year, but I feel like I didn't see too many bad shots from him before. I mean some of these recently are like J.R. Smith / Nick Young heatcheck bad. Especially those stepback 3's.

They're doubling him and giving him a lot of different looks.

The sooner people forget about the Durant comparisons the better. KD is 2 or 3 on the list of all time greatest offensive players ever.

CronoShot

Good road win for KU. I thought ISU would get hot from 3 eventually (like they always seem to) but it didn't happen.

We're slowly but surely turning into a solid team. We just need to bring the turnovers down.

Fjordson

did folks ever compare him to Durant? i always saw more Melo.
Yeah, I see more Melo also. He's not a physical freak like Durant or as athletic.

Though again, some of these shot selections are really poor, even by Melo standards.

But he seems like a smart kid, so he'll probably adjust to defenses keying on him as the year goes on. Just needs to stop with the stepback 3's. Almost always a terrible shot no matter who's taking it (unless your last name is Curry or Lillard).

Good road win for KU. I thought ISU would get hot from 3 eventually (like they always seem to) but it didn't happen.

We're slowly but surely turning into a solid team. We just need to bring the turnovers down.
I don't know how a team can shoot so bad from behind the arc. But they weren't even close most of the time. 16% for the night. Worst shooting performance I've seen the Cyclones have. Some of it was Kansas' length affecting shots. But a lot of it was just poor shooting.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Ugggggggghhhhhhhh such a shitty game for my first in-person ISU game of the season. We were out of sync all night. If we'd have shot like 40% from 3 we could have won.

Ugh.

On the KU side, I've never seen so many hooks to get to the rim in my life. 21 had at least five. Never got called.

Just a shitty game all around. We need to get it in gear for Texas.

devilhawk

Intentionally foul last two minutes. Shoot 15 more free throws than the opponents (23 more before ISU started fouling at end of game). Boo entire game. Have old guys attack visiting coach. Throw things on court and have PA announce warning.

Yet complain about refs.

The ISU way.

Top Bottom