• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-2014 NCAA Men's Basketball |OT|

Fjordson

I'm just going to try and think about the Brandon Knight-led Final Four team that lost 9 games and pray that we wake the fuck up soon.

bachikarn

9ce8d1aca9b00679f20c10bda1495312a476617f7ae3cb096d7089bd8bdce960_large

Garryk

The stupid thing is I'm staring at that gif more interested in the crowd's reaction time.

I went to the game and everyone was in shock at first. We see the dunk, then all eyes flash to the game clock and see there is still time left on it. I still can't believe he got it in before time expired.

Seth C

I think we (Indiana) need to start rushing the court after every home win just to troll the haters.

You haven't mattered enough to have haters during your lifetime. People just think you're pathetic so...go ahead? We will all keep laughing.

Silkworm

Ugh. So painful, look at that ball watching by our guys.

Pretty sure that's three straight losses in Arkansas. I mean what the fuck. Embarrassing.

Playing at Arkansas is no joke. I was thrilled when UF won there in OT last week which was a very tight ballgame. No shame in losing at Arkansas in my opinion though I know that doesn't make the loss feel any better. Anyway, I think UK will rebound from this fine and win their next 3 games against Tennessee, TA&M, and Georgia at home :)

Seth C

6t6OOgh.jpg

This poll on ESPN.com (4th poll) today seems to show we have some haters in a certain state.

Probably because we are the only state that realizes you think your program is relevant. The rest of the nation thinks you are as insignificant as Montana State and therefore, you deserve a good court storming.

Now make a map asking if Duke should rush the court after a win and see how many people would think they should. The difference? The nation considers them to be a relevant program.

Kentuckians, unfortunately, are subjected to your foolishness on a regular basis and if you want to talk the talk, we expect you to walk the walk. Instead you rush the court every other season when you win against a top 10 team because to you guys, that's a big deal.

Kentuckians would also not think we should rush the court, or Duke, or UNC, or Kansas, etc. I'd say your fans should act like they've been there before but unfortunately for most of them, they haven't. It isn't hate -- the feeling was closer to pity.

Why the hell do people care? They are college kids let them have fun (as long as they protect the players).

Because there is no way to protect the players in that situation? An Arkansas fan got in the face of one of the Harrisons last night and attempted to create an altercation. It's a potentially dangerous situation for the players, coaching staff, and the fans themselves. That's why almost every conference imposes financial penalties on the school when it happens. Why aren't fans allowed to rush the stage of their favorite musicians?

At this point it isn't a natural reaction anyway. The whole world knew Indiana would rush the court if they won. They don't do it because they are overwhelmed with emotion. They do it for attention. I mean think about what i just said above. Arkansas fans rushed the court after beating a top 15 Kentucky team for the second time in a row and third of their last four meetings. It's stupid. Everyone just wants to be on Sportscenter.

Fjordson

Playing at Arkansas is no joke. I was thrilled when UF won there in OT last week which was a very tight ballgame. No shame in losing at Arkansas in my opinion though I know that doesn't make the loss feel any better. Anyway, I think UK will rebound from this fine and win their next 3 games against Tennessee, TA&M, and Georgia at home :)
True.

The contrast between our two games kills me. Florida made free throws, handled the press, and Wilbekin dominated the game when he had to and made putting Arkansas away in OT look easy. We're just not at that level yet in pressure situations. Our four losses have been by a combined 16 points. We're always in it, just can't close the door. Symptom of freshmen still learning.

And I can't really blame the bad box out on Calipari (I've actually seen this on UK forums). We are third in average rebounding margin and first in offensive rebound percentage. We're one of the best rebounding teams in the country. Was just a mental lapse by our guys.

Crisco

Banned
I haven't watched much NC State basketball because, well, I tried to make myself forget we had an athletics department half way through the football season. However, the games I have watched, there is some decent talent and potential on this team. Barber could be fucking sick if he stays another year or two, we've never really had a guard with his combination of speed, quickness, and ball handling skills. All the other rookies have shown some talent as well. The only disappointment is that Desmond Lee looks like a huge bust of a transfer, which means this years team basically sucks.

Servbot24

Banned
Texas Tech up big on Baylor.

If we (Iowa) take care of Minny as we should, we might have a shot at a top 10 ranking next week. :)

edit: SDSU having trouble as well. woohoo :)

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Field/Court rush snobs are maybe the worst thing. How dare all those people have fun! Grumble grumble

Nah it's not like that, you've got it all wrong. The kids can have all of the "fun" that they want, but it doesn't stop them from looking like fools or me from laughing at them.

It's not bitterness. It's amusement.

Also, as someone else mentioned, kids don't rush the court out of emotion anymore. It's all about being on TV now, and it's planned. It's vain.

Fjordson

I don't care about court rushing in theory or anything, but it has so much potential to be a bad situation. Like at Arkansas, a fan tried to get at Aaron Harrison as UK was moving off the court. UK assistant Orlando Antigua had to actually get in between them. It can definitely be unsafe for the visiting team. Hyped up sports fans aren't always the most level-headed people out there.

But I guess overall serious injuries and/or brawls are virtually nonexistent off the top of my head, so I can't argue against them too much.

jakncoke

Banned
Rushing the the court/field is for shitty non tradition programs/small schools that just beat a team that clearly overmatched them in rankings, clout and pure recruiting dollars. How many NC does the Hoosier claim? Probably one of the most of any school isnt it? Then they rushing they court lol. You'd expect that from like Northwestern or something or some school from the Sun Belt. Thats my feelings anyways

Fjordson

Rushing the the court/field is for shitty non tradition programs/small schools that just beat a team that clearly overmatched them in rankings, clout and pure recruiting dollars. How many NC does the Hoosier claim? Probably one of the most of any school isnt it? Then they rushing they court lol. You'd expect that from like Northwestern or something or some school from the Sun Belt. Thats my feelings anyways
Yeah, I kinda agree. Indiana has five titles I believe.

I can see both sides. I do think court rushing is a little beneath blue blood programs, but at the same time most kids probably don't know shit or don't care about their school's history.

Blue blood, small school, I don't care who you are, you can't rush the court when you beat a team in your own conference. What are you, chopped liver? You're supposed to beat your conference on your own home floor.

I've said it once, I'll say it again. Rush their court. Win on the road and have at it. (Note: I'm speaking specifically of Clemson if they ever win at Carolina,)

Top Bottom