• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-2014 NCAA Men's Basketball |OT|

devilhawk

Correction: a flop is when there's no foul. Smart has been fouled a lot this game and he's smart (no pun intended) to exaggerate it in a road environment.
He has done both. Now he's adding in the Dwayne Wade take a jumper with my leg sticking out 90 degrees. Resulted in a cool looking airball.

EMBIID JUST THREW THE OOP DOWN ON SMART!

jakncoke

Banned
Playing @Cuse, you were always fucked!

Call me crazy, but I think Pitt will win the rematch...

Jamie Dixon is 5-1 against them at the dome. We've done a lot of things to put us where we are now though. Patterson has a slow start, Robinson 3 fouls, missing easy shots.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!

Fjordson

Am I the only one getting sick of the Embiid fellatio lately? Yeah he's great and could be special, but most act like he's the next Jabbar or Chamberlain.
I think Embiid has the potential to be really good, but some of the praise is a little crazy. I've seen media people say with confidence that Embiid is the next Olajuwon. Something that's been said before about players like Michael Olwokandi, so we'll see.

The draft is all about potential and upside these days so I guess the scouts feel Embiid has more of that than anyone else in this class.

ISOM

I think Embiid has the potential to be really good, but some of the praise is a little crazy. I've seen media people say with confidence that Embiid is the next Olajuwon. Something that's been said before about players like Michael Olwokandi, so we'll see.

The draft is all about potential and upside these days so I guess the scouts feel Embiid has more of that than anyone else in this class.

Embiid's footwork in the post is already comparable or better than dwight howard's. That's how much potential he has or how shitty nba centers are right now.

Fjordson

Embiid's footwork in the post is already comparable or better than dwight howard's. That's how much potential he has or how shitty nba centers are right now.
That's true, NBA does not have many great centers right now so that probably elevates Embiid even more for the pro scouts.

CronoShot

Selden completely missed Smart. If they call a flagrant, that's absurd.

Edit: And they did call it. Wow. If KU loses because of that...

#13 on OSU is an idiot. Why do you not give it right back to Smart?

e: But he redeemed himself by burying the 3, so I guess that's alright.

Michigan looking good early in Madison......fools gold.
Yes and no...

Haven't seen a lot of Michigan this year, but I remember you guys can shoot the lights out, and statsheet backs that up. Also says you aren't reliant on getting to the FT line offensively.

That's a blueprint for winning in Madison if there ever was one.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Yes and no...

Haven't seen a lot of Michigan this year, but I remember you guys can shoot the lights out, and statsheet backs that up. Also says you aren't reliant on getting to the FT line offensively.

That's a blueprint for winning in Madison if there ever was one.

Is winning at Wisconsin even allowed?

SyNapSe

how do you go to the cameras/replay and decide Selden should be hit with a flagrant. Bizarre. Smart swinging his head out of the way..sure. Holding his chin and getting a flagrant. wtf?

CronoShot

how do you go to the cameras/replay and decide Selden should be hit with a flagrant. Bizarre. Smart swinging his head out of the way..sure. Holding his chin and getting a flagrant. wtf?

The Academy Award went to Marcus Smart today. That's the most flopping I've seen since Tyler Hansbrough.

bachikarn

Why is Wiscy always overrated by KenPom? Does it imply that defensive efficiency is not as indicative to future success as offensive efficiency?

Why is Wiscy always overrated by KenPom? Does it imply that defensive efficiency is not as indicative to future success as offensive efficiency?
kenpom is purely efficiency based. It treats a 40 point win as 2x as good as a 20 point win (ok, it's not quite that simple, but that's the gist), or at Wisconsin's traditional pace, a 30 point win as 2x as good as a 15 point win. It also has no way to account for the Madison HCA.

imo those two account for most of the disparity.

Top Bottom