• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-2014 NCAA Men's Basketball |OT|

Gorillaz

Been telling people our boys bb program has to be full of underachievers and coaches that don't understand a thing bout conditioning

The motto probably is "As long as we make it to sweet 16 we are happy......"

Scust

not even my sport, but LOLSU

Hey, the B1G is far and away the best conference in college basketball. Every team in this conference gives their best week in week out. tOSU went undefeated OOC, and now have a losing B1G record which just shows you how tough the conference is. Compare that to the Big 12 where Kansas had 4 OOC losses, and now they are running away with the Big 12 and undefeated in conference. The ACC is pretty good, and tied the B1G in the B1G/ACC challenge, but almost all of the match-ups were favorable for the ACC team. The Big East was disbanded and now irrelevant, the pac-whatever has Arizona and a bunch of scrubs and don't get me started on the SEC. What a joke. tOSU will go far in the NCAA tournament, as long as they don't face a B1G team in their road to the final 4. tOSU is a great team, and Aaron Craft is one of those rare undersized scrappy white guys we can all root for.

dmag1223

This team is absolutely painful to watch right now. Im pretty confident Matta can still right the ship and turn this team into a sweet 16 caliber club though.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Hey, the B1G is far and away the best conference in college basketball. Every team in this conference gives their best week in week out. tOSU went undefeated OOC, and now have a losing B1G record which just shows you how tough the conference is. Compare that to the Big 12 where Kansas had 4 OOC losses, and now they are running away with the Big 12 and undefeated in conference. The ACC is pretty good, and tied the B1G in the B1G/ACC challenge, but almost all of the match-ups were favorable for the ACC team. The Big East was disbanded and now irrelevant, the pac-whatever has Arizona and a bunch of scrubs and don't get me started on the SEC. What a joke. tOSU will go far in the NCAA tournament, as long as they don't face a B1G team in their road to the final 4. tOSU is a great team, and Aaron Craft is one of those rare undersized scrappy white guys we can all root for.

You've been taught well :D

devilhawk

Big XII actually had the best non conference RPI and schedule. I realize those are flawed metrics but I don't think it is fair to say that Big Ten is "far and away" the best conference and the Big XII is a bunch of scrubs. The Big XII is looking at 60% of their teams making the dance. KU also had 4 loses in the non-con because they "far and away" played the hardest schedule in the country. The difference between KU's #1 schedule and the 2nd place team is the same as the difference between the 2nd best schedule and the 83rd in the RPI. The schedule was just ridiculous.

Truthfully, OSU just didn't play anyone in the non-con. KenPom puts them at the 125th hardest schedule (including their most recent conference games).
Edit: The 279th hardest non-con schedule. Haha.

Saw a "up-next" banner on SportsCenter that said ACC Powers Collide. Immediately above it, I see Syracuse and Pittsburgh's logos

smh

Duke, UNC we gotta do better yall

Servbot24

Banned
Go Pitt. OKSU vs KU probably won't have any effect on Iowa's ranking, as I'm guessing whoever wins that will be ahead of us. And none of the other top 15 games are likely to be upset, though it's of course possible.

I know ranking doesn't matter right now, I only care because just a couple years ago we were a complete joke, so making the top 10 would be a big deal for us.

jjasper

Looks like this might be good Tennessee today but like the A&M game showed can't be fooled until it is over.

This is a big game for Stokes Maymon and McRae though with all the scouts watching Kentucky hopefully they play up for them.

UK getting destroyed on boards. 23-10.

Not many happy fans after the swinging elbow no-call. What actually happened there for them to dismiss it?

jjasper

McRae blowing the game. Bad decision on the fast break and a missed FT otherwise it could be a 2 point game.

And Harrison with the opposite. Big play on defense and then the dagger.

BeSOWVcIQAAq0Rv.jpg:large

Former President George H.W. Bush in Durham today.

95-60 win for Duke. Duke's best game in a while, Parker's best game in a while, pretty balanced scoring for everyone else. Up next is a road game, where they're 0-2 in the league, against Miami. The Hurricanes hung in there against Syracuse and beat North Carolina, but they're still just 10-7 overall.

devilhawk

Smart with the most hilarious flop there. It was like he just died. From a slap handcheck from the tiniest guy on the KU roster. Haha

Top Bottom