• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-2014 NCAA Men's Basketball |OT|

Fellows! Your boys did it! Congrats!

And in other news, Egwu and Ekey are both in the Illinois starting lineup. fml. Incoming 30 point loss to Sparty.

I feel like Herm Edwards. NCAA Tourney? You kiddin' me? I just hope we can win a game!

WI will be the underdogs when they visit Iowa City. Even if that's their only loss the rest of the way, I don't see MSU dropping 3 games.
@WI
@OSU
@Iowa

There's at least 2. And it's hard to avoid a slip up elsewhere. I'd be shocked if MSU doesn't lose 3 more. Probably something like 14-4 when all's said and done.

inm8num2

Without Payne MSU is incredibly weak inside. They were already thin in the front court with him.

This MSU team is so strange to watch compared to typical Izzo teams. If they don't start grabbing more rebounds they're going to clang their way out of a few B1G games.

Fjordson

Wow, OK State fought all the way back. Wish I hadn't missed the game, I only saw when they were down by 17.

Good to see UK bounce back over a solid Tennessee team. I missed the game because of work, but 25-26 from the line? Andrew Harrison with 26 points? Good shit.

Whoever this color guy is on ESPN is annoying as fuck.
Dan Dakich. He's absolutely terrible at his job. No clue why ESPN is determined to use him so much.

Without Payne MSU is incredibly weak inside. They were already thin in the front court with him.

This MSU team is so strange to watch compared to typical Izzo teams. If they don't start grabbing more rebounds they're going to clang their way out of a few B1G games.
So what you're saying is that we have a chance tonight!

52-51 Illini victory! I believe!

Yeah, get us off the court, we suck. GG Sparty.

Freshmen look good though, so that's promising at least! Kendrick Nunn is going to be fantastic.

Yeah, get us off the court, we suck. GG Sparty.

Freshmen look good though, so that's promising at least! Kendrick Nunn is going to be fantastic.

Hill and Nunn I feel should replace Bertand and Ekey by the end of the season. We so much more dynamic with those two replacing their senior counterparts.

Hill and Nunn I feel should replace Bertand and Ekey by the end of the season. We so much more dynamic with those two replacing their senior counterparts.
Ekey and Egwu are both wasting minutes. Ekey especially, Bertrand and Hill can both play the 4 better than him. Though we'd be missing out on some clanked 3 pointers and blown putback dunks, which would be hard to take...

Nunn should definitely steal somebody's minutes, he's become the 2nd best player on the team behind (gimpy) Rice.

Ekey and Egwu are both wasting minutes. Ekey especially, Bertrand and Hill can both play the 4 better than him. Though we'd be missing out on some clanked 3 pointers and blown putback dunks, which would be hard to take...

Nunn should definitely steal somebody's minutes, he's become the 2nd best player on the team behind (gimpy) Rice.

Egwu is the worst center I've seen in about 15 years. I yearn for the days of Nick Smith.

As I type that he airballs a 15 foot jumper that leads to a transition dunk for MSU. HOLY SHIT AWFUL.

Egwu is the worst center I've seen in about 15 years. I yearn for the days of Nick Smith.

As I type that he airballs a 15 foot jumper that leads to a transition dunk for MSU. HOLY SHIT AWFUL.
He is decent defensively, and we have no other center on the roster except for a freshman that's even worse.

But yes, he is a trainwreck offensively. Has just enough confidence in his shot to shoot it way too often.

Velcro Fly

My Boilers manage to escape with a win at home against Penn St. 3-2 in the B1G. Even in the two lost games I feel they played pretty well. Probably going to need a couple wins against the big boys to have a chance at the tourney though. Will have plenty of chances going forward though.

Illinois coach none too pleased.

And MSU sucks at free throws.
Yeah... well, our freshmen backups are (for the most part) better than our veteran starters. I can't blame him for being frustrated, we're probably on our way to an 8+ game losing streak. Not even being pessimistic, we went 2-2 through the easy part of our B1G schedule, the hard part is going to be rough.

MSU looks good. I think playing this stretch without Payne will pay dividends for you guys in March.

DominoKid

Brian Barbour ‏@tarheelblog 4m
P.J. Hairston has 22 points, six steals on 9-16 FG and 4-9 from three in his D-League debut.*sigh*

iU3QKZqXffTfV.png

Grow some thicker skin, you piece of shit refs.

Too many refs can't take the ass chewing when they screw up so they T up anyone who lets them know it.

You're not there to be the star of the show, jackasses.

inm8num2

I love teams like Iowa which go into the season overlooked and then just start clowning on all sorts of teams.

Really looking forward to how MSU matches up with them.

Fjordson

ESPN is really making a big deal of Ennis. Is he really one of the best freshman this year?
I don't think he's been spectacular, but he's pretty smart and plays within himself. Runs that team pretty well.

Part of it is that he wasn't really hyped before the season like some other freshmen, so he's been surprisingly good and exceeded expectations.

Top Bottom