• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-2014 NCAA Men's Basketball |OT|

inm8num2

It sounds like an easy excuse since most teams deal with injuries, but once MSU gets a little healthier they should be more dangerous.

Without Payne they look anywhere from mediocre to pretty good, and for some reason at home they've not played well consistently.

Bring on the Wolverines.

Velcro Fly

They called AJ Hammons for traveling four fucking times and refused to call it on an out of control Cobb as he makes a layup. It's inexcusable to lose when you don't get it to your best player on the last play of the game. Painter is a sack of dogshit. Seriously fucking ridiculous to lose today of all days.

Tonight Duke returns to Coral Gables where

miamifloorslap_original_zps0804a6c2.gif

occurred just a year ago.

I'd have to think the result would be at least a smidgen different though with Duke not playing its fourth game without a pivotal senior and Miami losing half of their team. Still this Duke team is looking for their first road win of the year.

KEVIN DING ‏@KevinDing 1h
Duke fan @kobebryant and Duke alum @RyanKelly34 will lead a Lakers contingent in attending the Duke-University of Miami game tonight.

KEVIN DING ‏@KevinDing 1h
According to @RyanKelly34, UNC alum @KButter5 won't be allowed near the Duke bench tonight.

@KButter5 is Kendall Marshall, by the way.

Kobe wants to get a preview of his teammate next year, Jabari Parker.

@KButter5 is Kendall Marshall, by the way.

My most vivid memory of Kendall Marshall's college career was him throwing 3/4 court bounce passes and suddenly finding a jumper while UNC pounded the stuffing out of the Rivers-led Blue Devils in Cameron for the regular season ACC title.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Well, Duke didn't run them off the court, but holding Da U to 46 pts in their bldg is hopefully, especially as bad as this D has been. I think they found some things that worked.

It sounds like an easy excuse since most teams deal with injuries, but once MSU gets a little healthier they should be more dangerous.

Without Payne they look anywhere from mediocre to pretty good, and for some reason at home they've not played well consistently.

Bring on the Wolverines.

See you on Saturday. :3

Gophers went 2-2 during their top-ranked opponent stretch. Probably what they needed to do at the minimum. Could have easily won the other 2 games as well. Only bad loss so far is to Arkansas on the back end of a back-to-back. Currently 4th in the Big Ten. I project we'll get a 4 seed in the NCAA tournament. Matheiu can really break down opponents defenses and create for others. Smith adds a more solid presence from the 3 point line now that Austin Hollins has reverted back to his first 2 years of throwing up bricks(he played well last year though)...now that Joe "I suck" Coleman transferred out(good luck Gaels), I'd have to say Austin is the Joe, turnover city, of this team...he also picked up the Rodney Williams thunderous dunk honors though so that's good. Our PF position is kinda iffy. King is the better defender/hustler while Osenieks seems to be more reliable on offense. Our big men can play although I'm sick of seeing Elliason whining every play. Andre Hollins is injured but he should return hopefully. He's still top notch. This team has a legitimate shot to win it all.

Joe Rexrode ✔ @joerexrode

Breaking: MSU's Branden Dawson has a broken bone in his hand, out 4-5 weeks, about to go to surgery. He's talking now.

Dawson says he was watching TV clips this morning with the team and got frustrated, slammed hand against table, suffering injury.

DominoKid

Breaking: MSU's Branden Dawson has a broken bone in his hand, out 4-5 weeks, about to go to surgery. He's talking now.

Dawson says he was watching TV clips this morning with the team and got frustrated, slammed hand against table, suffering injury.

iMSSYqry7mKFi.gif

what an idiot

Illini-OSU doing a great fuckball demonstration. So this is what happens when 2 teams fielding zero shooters play one another. 1st team to 40 wins it.

Fjordson

Everything is Dakich's fault.

Seriously, though, that guy is literally the worst. He yaps constantly and says some dumb shit. I usually mute when he calls games.
Dakich is awful at his job.

Sucks, because the Big Ten produces some great games, but there's no chance I could sit through a whole game of Dan Dakich. Though if it's a really big game I'll just mute the TV.

DominoKid

I wouldve loved to see one of our practices when PJ was still around. Now I see why Roy said he was absolutely dominant in practice.

Silkworm

Florida up 21 on Tennessee. Gators are legit.

What's happening with Chris Walker's eligibility?

No one still knows :-\ There was speculation that he'd play today but that's not the case and I won't believe it until I hear something officially and see him on the court. It sucks and the longer this lasts the likelier he'll never play for the Gators (if he can't play for UF until next season I wouldn't fault him for going straight to the NBA). I really wish the NCAA would hurry up and make a decision on this matter one way or the other *sigh*

Finally, it looks like UF will get a win against UT and a comfortable one at that (woo!). The Cuonzo curse is lifted ;-) Of course Pearl had a lot of success against UF as well :p

Silkworm

I kinda like how under the radar we have been flying.

Me too. :) Just keep winning and getting better. It'll all sort itself out in the NCAA tournament. Hopefully if they continue to play well, they'll be seeded such that they'll play close to home to start the NCAA tournament, i.e. in Orlando. But there's a long time between now and then.

bachikarn

The NCAA taking this long with Chris Walker makes me think they found something, but even if they did, hurry up and decide on a punishment. He has already missed like 9 games so far because they NCAA is taking so long. Fucked up.

I hope he isn't so disgusted by the NCAA he won't come back next year. I don't think he will be a lotto pick or anything without playing (he has the potential to be one). So I can see him coming back. I know people point to how poor his family is, but if it was such a big deal, he could have played in Europe this year. It would be very beneficial for him to get another year of development from Billy and show off his skills next year on national TV.

Silkworm

The NCAA taking this long with Chris Walker makes me think they found something, but even if they did, hurry up and decide on a punishment. He has already missed like 9 games so far because they NCAA is taking so long. Fucked up.

I hope he isn't so disgusted by the NCAA he won't come back next year. I don't think he will be a lotto pick or anything without playing (he has the potential to be one). So I can see him coming back. I know people point to how poor his family is, but if it was such a big deal, he could have played in Europe this year. It would be very beneficial for him to get another year of development from Billy and show off his skills next year on national TV.

I'm not sure what to think. I don't think Walker would fault UF for this current situation and at least he's had a chance to practice with the team and learn from Billy so hopefully he's enjoyed that experience. But considering his financial situation (as you pointed out), how highly regarded he was coming out of high school, I'm just not sure he can pass up going in the draft which I think he'd still be a lotto pick for based on his "potential". UF could definitely use him for next year (and would be a great addition this year to give Young some backup) and I think playing for the Gators next year would help his game and future in the NBA but I guess we'll just have to wait and see how things pan out. I'll try to be optimistic but I just hope for a bright future for Walker whatever he ends up doing.

Top Bottom