• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-2014 NCAA Men's Basketball |OT|

bachikarn

Well, I saw a mock draft recently that had Walker going #20. Don't really think you should go at #20 unless you are really mature enough for the NBA. Could easily fizzle out fast if things don't go his way in the first couple of years.

jakncoke

Banned
This Western Kentucky/ULL game has to end already ffs.

oh come on you're down 7 with 12 seconds. why you foul

edit2; I had a nightmare the other night how we'd struggle at maryland and sure enough..

Silkworm

Well, I saw a mock draft recently that had Walker going #20. Don't really think you should go at #20 unless you are really mature enough for the NBA. Could easily fizzle out fast if things don't go his way in the first couple of years.

Perhaps flashes of Kwame Brown? I'd be leery of drafting Walker sitting out a whole year without any real game time but NBA scouts have always seemed focused more on potential and Walker's potential won't be any less just because he didn't play any. Then again maybe things are a lot different nowadays *shrug* I'd like to see Walker play for the Gators this year and if not then next year, but that's because I'm selfish and want to see him play in orange and blue. If the NCAA decides for whatever reason he loses his amateur status then I guess any chance of that is out his or anyone else's hands. Anyway, I like other Gator fans, will just have to play this crappy waiting game *sigh*

iamblades

First round picks get guaranteed rookie contracts for at least 2 years. Unless you can move up 5-10 spots in the draft, there is really no reason to come back to school if you are going to go in the first round. If you can't develop into an NBA player in 2 years of fulltime paid basketball, you were never going to make it in the league anyway.

With the rookie wage scale, if you have the potential to go top 10, as I think Walker does, it makes sense to come back for one more year rather than come out now and be drafted at 20 or higher, unless he needs the money right now.

That is all assuming the NCAA is ever going to get around to letting him play though.

Also as an aside, nice to see that Kentucky's defense finally showed up today. The guard play has been trending towards improvement as well, but it is really the defensive lapses that have been holding this team back so far this year. If they can play that kind of defense against Mizzou next week, I'll believe they will be ready and where they should be when the tournament comes around.

jakncoke

Banned
lol refs

i cant wait to see how deep this team can go.

edit; oh ffs charles mitchell was 35% free throw going into the game yet hit 3-4 tonight. our luck

edit; damn pitt 16-16 already

edit; lamar patterson has such body control

edit a lot of derps today

UCF is such a dumpster fire and will continue to get destroyed in the AAC. After UL leaves, the league is still likely a 4-5 bid league assuming Temple gets back on track. We have no shot almost....

Goddmanit, Marshall fans were 100% right about Donnie Jones.

jakncoke

Banned
Who going to be the 5th bid in years? People not named UCONN, Memphis, Temple, Cincy have basically 1 bid since the early 90s

Also this game is gross Maryland has like 19 turnovers and we only win by 4

Duke was the only team able to slow down Nik, which I still don't understand considering Duke hasn't been all that great on D this year.

Duke has good individual perimeter defenders in Cook/Thornton/Sulaimon/Jones.

Problems defensively come from

A) Having Parker (who's a 3) guard 5s because the team is so undersized.

B) Poor communication on switches leading to wide open interior passes.

jakncoke

Banned
man i knew there was a lot of fouls during the pitt/maryland game but jesus 77 fts

Also after starting 16-16 we finished 16-31 , we were bricking most of them with the game on the line

Servbot24

Banned
When MSU visits IC on Tuesday it will be a must win for Iowa. Clearly there should be no shame in losing to Mich on the road but we gotta take care of business at home, especially while half the MSU team is injured.

UNC is not a big win no matter who you are.

They haven't won in Chapel Hill in almost 60 years

Clarification: They've NEVER won in Chapel Hill (0-56). Even the really good Clemson teams have lost to shitty UNC teams there. Hell, even the Doherty 8-20 team beat down the Tigers at home in 2002

DominoKid

the power of the streak
iRsmdCrs74Eqx.png

Bomani Jones ‏@bomani_jones 6m
if they didn’t do it up 10 with, what, a minute left in ’08 w/o lawson? NEVER. RT @DanWolken: If they didn't do it against Doherty..

Bomani Jones ‏@bomani_jones 5m
hampton won at the dean dome. so did davidson. binghamton lost by 1. IN THE SAME SEASON. and clemson STILL couldn’t win in chapel hill.

Gophers played pathetically minus Smith. Make a fucking FT. And the ball was out of bounds with 14 seconds left on Nebraska but they somehow kept the ball even after they looked at it. Whack. Smith needs to go in for Austin Hollins who continues to suck on the offensive end. This team could make a run but damn, their D was shredded tonight. Nebraska made a lot of open shots so I'll give credit to them for nailing em. Andre Hollins needs to come back soon. Maverick Ahamnisi couldn't make a JV high school team. Thanks a lot Tubby.

the power of the streak
iRsmdCrs74Eqx.png

Bomani Jones ‏@bomani_jones 6m
if they didn’t do it up 10 with, what, a minute left in ’08 w/o lawson? NEVER. RT @DanWolken: If they didn't do it against Doherty..

Bomani Jones ‏@bomani_jones 5m
hampton won at the dean dome. so did davidson. binghamton lost by 1. IN THE SAME SEASON. and clemson STILL couldn’t win in chapel hill.

I'm now convinced that it's impossible. It can't be done.

Crisco

Banned
Come on TJ Warren, this is a loaded draft and you're probably outside the lottery right now. Shoot 3s all off-season and come back one more year!

It's the week all of the Duke (and ACC haters) have been waiting for.

Time for the mighty Duke Blue Devils to get exposed as the pussy ass pretty boys they are and get stomped down by some real men ball teams from Pitt and Cuse.

jakncoke

Banned
900 dollar floor seats for the Pitt/Duke game tonight wow

edit; that not a breather, thats jamie dixon saying dont fucking do that again

FOR FUCK SAKE MAKE A BACKET YOU JERKS

dat block!

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Maybe if Duke loses enough games, other teams will stop getting so fired up to play them....sorta like UNC is now.

Top Bottom