• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-2014 NCAA Men's Basketball |OT|

Alright, scanning the ACC scoreboard, I see Wake trailing Colgate, Syracuse trailing Cornell, and NC State only up 5 against App, all at the half.

New ACC, same as the old ACC, apparently.

But Jabari and Rodney tho

mike-woodson-praise.gif

Silkworm

Well UF managed to beat UNF tonight, 77-69, so I guess a win is a positive. This team is obviously depleted right now (Kurtz played 22 minutes, so enough said), so that game next Tuesday at Wisconsin could get real ugly, real fast. Oh well, when UF gets back Wilbekin, Finney-Smith, Harris, and Chris Walker (hopefully this January assuming he qualifies) and have a healthy Yeguete and Frazier, this team will be a lot more formidable than they are right now.

Edit: UK will likely pull away in the 2nd half. Besides, UK will probably need time to jell and when tourney time comes I'm guessing they'll have a 1 seed.

Kevtones

I don't know if Georgetown is any good but Oregon's backcourt looks to be fucking insane this year.

Artis (out for 9 games)
Dotson
Lloyd
Young (18.0 ppg Sr. transfer)
Calliste (14.4 ppg Sr. transfer

Fjordson

UK pulled away in the second half, looked much better. Andrew Harrison is legit. And WCS looks surprisingly great.

Still need to shore up our defense and our free throw shooting needs a lot of work, but not a bad game overall.

Silkworm

UK pulled away in the second half, looked much better. Andrew Harrison is legit. And WCS looks surprisingly great.

Still need to shore up our defense and our free throw shooting needs a lot of work, but not a bad game overall.
At least you guys get another warm up game against NKU before you have to face off against MSU. That should be a good yard stick of a game.

Fjordson

At least you guys get another warm up game against NKU before you have to face off against MSU. That should be a good yard stick of a game.
Yeah, I worry about the MSU game. I think we're good enough to beat them if we play really well, but I don't know if we're ready.

It was good to see our full team finally out there and healthy tonight, but we've only had one game like that and multiple guys have missed extended periods of practice within the last month and a half. Still not playing as a unit on defense is where that's shown so far I think.

iamblades

Duke shot 61% from 3 and 70% overall tonight, which quite naturally means they'll shoot 32% for the game against Kansas next week.

Regression to the mean is a bitch.

Yeah, I worry about the MSU game. I think we're good enough to beat them if we play really well, but I don't know if we're ready.

It was good to see our full team finally out there and healthy tonight, but we've only had one game like that and multiple guys have missed extended periods of practice within the last month and a half. Still not playing as a unit on defense is where that's shown so far I think.

If they game is going to be as physical as I think it will, we better do a better job hitting our FTs...

On the one hand, Duke shot over 60% from 3, 70% from the floor, scored at will and had 4 20-point scorers.

On the other hand, they gave up 77 points, got outrebounded by a smaller team, and shot worse from the free throw line (68.8%) than shots in play (70.4).

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Duke shot 61% from 3 and 70% overall tonight, which quite naturally means they'll shoot 32% for the game against Kansas next week.

We gon git killed on the inside, there's no two ways about it. Even Davidson scored down low with ease. It won't bother me too bad if KU does win next Tuesday, sure I'll bitch about it, but games in November don't mean shit in march unless the team is getting better and learning what it can and can't do. I think Duke will outscore most of the competition, but for the teams that can match the offense, they're going to have to get better on defense.

Fjordson

My Arizona Wildcats tipping off against Cal Poly. Thank god the season is finally upon us.
AZ is going to be good this year.

I'm looking forwarding to watching Aaron Gordon. My little brother knows him and played in the same high school league against him out here in California. Great kid.

Thank god basketball is back. I was worried about the sudden, unexpected start of the NFL offseason, but this hit just in the nick of time!

The (original) Champions' Classic was just renewed for three years.

11/18/14: Kansas vs. Kentucky
Duke vs. Michigan State (in Indianapolis)
11/17/15: Kansas vs. Michigan State
Duke vs. Kentucky (Chicago)
11/15/16: Kentucky vs. Michigan State
Duke vs. Kansas (New York City)

Mind you Cal is still trying to get a second "Champions Classic" with UK, UNC, UCLA, and Ohio State

CronoShot

We gon git killed on the inside, there's no two ways about it. Even Davidson scored down low with ease. It won't bother me too bad if KU does win next Tuesday, sure I'll bitch about it, but games in November don't mean shit in march unless the team is getting better and learning what it can and can't do. I think Duke will outscore most of the competition, but for the teams that can match the offense, they're going to have to get better on defense.
I dunno, KU only beat a borderline DII team by 17 (and even then it was a 12 point game with a few minutes left). We were missing our starting point guard, so I guess that'll be the official excuse. Tuesday should be interesting though.

So at halftime, Arizona's up 37-34 against Cal Poly at home. Definitely not looking like the 6th ranked team in the country, but I have no doubt we'll get there come March.

CronoShot

So at halftime, Arizona's up 37-34 against Cal Poly at home. Definitely not looking like the 6th ranked team in the country, but I have no doubt we'll get there come March.

KU fans know that feel, bro.

On another note, Kansas State is about to lose to Northern Colorado, which I find both hilarious and sad.

Final of 73-62, ahmedinejad.jpg.

Lot's of good to take away, lot's of room to improve, we'll get a more definitive take on the team after the games @SDSU, @Michigan, and hopefully Duke in MSG.

I'm late to the thread this year with the move to Community.

Also haven't adjusted to moving from the eastern time zone to pacific yet. Basketball at 4pm is a little rough.

Anyways, subscription established. Carry on.

Crisco

Banned
Mark Gottfried said:
“Desmond’s a finisher, he gets that ball around the rim, he gets it in the basket,” Gottfried said. “He knocked down a 3, he made foul shots, he had a heck of a game.”

A not so subtle fuck you to Rodney Purvis.

In other news, Duke football will have a winning season and is probably going to finish no worse than 9-3

Don't let anyone ever tell you Duke's not a football school.

There were 102 free throws attempted in the Seton Hall-Niagara game.

I hope the players and refs get a handle on these new rules quickly or its going to get really ugly.

iamblades

We are glassing NKU to death today. Out rebounding them 29 to 12 at the half.

More important is there are only 13 total fouls at the half. Turns out you can play basketball without hand checking on every possession.

Top Bottom