• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-2014 NCAA Men's Basketball |OT|

Fjordson

UK looking much better today. Good to see. And our free throw shooting is a little better today.

Randle also continues to be a beast. Calipari's cleared his bench with 6 minutes to go and already Randle has 22 points and 14 boards.

I honestly have to say I'm more excited to see this UK-Mich St. matchup tomorrow than Duke-Kansas.

UK's potential on paper is undeniable. They have the potential to be one of the best CBB teams we've seen in twenty years. But they're not there yet. How do a bunch of guys (most of them playing their third college game ever) handle a super-experienced and talented MSU squad?

DominoKid

I honestly have to say I'm more excited to see this UK-Mich St. matchup tomorrow than Duke-Kansas.

UK's potential on paper is undeniable. They have the potential to be one of the best CBB teams we've seen in twenty years. But they're not there yet. How do a bunch of guys (most of them playing their third college game ever) handle a super-experienced and talented MSU squad?

stunt on them

probably lose

Tyus Jones @Tyusjones06
I'm excited to announce my college decision on Friday Nov 15th, 3pm at Apple Valley High school. Be there and thanks for all the support!

Jahlil Okafor @BigJah22
I'm excited to announce my college decision on Friday Nov 15th, 3pm at Whitney Young high school. Be there and thanks for all the support!

Fjordson

Tyus Jones @Tyusjones06
I'm excited to announce my college decision on Friday Nov 15th, 3pm at Apple Valley High school. Be there and thanks for all the support!

Jahlil Okafor @BigJah22
I'm excited to announce my college decision on Friday Nov 15th, 3pm at Whitney Young high school. Be there and thanks for all the support!
Damn, lol. Matching tweets and everything.

Those two and Cliff Alexander will be committed by this time next week. Should be interesting.

Fjordson

If they go to Kansas then...wow. Been considered Duke locks for so long.

Seems like a lot of the media guys are holding their predictions on Duke, so could go either way I think.

If they go to Kansas then...wow. Been considered Duke locks for so long.

Seems like a lot of the media guys are holding their predictions on Duke, so could go either way I think.

To be fair, all the people calling Kansas in this thread are Duke fans. We have nothing to base that on other than our jaded pessimism.

Fjordson

To be fair, all the people calling Kansas in this thread are Duke fans. We have nothing to base that on other than our jaded pessimism.
:lol true.

I'm pretty nervous for tomorrow's game. I think we can hang with MSU if we play really well, but it's going to be tough.

Our garbo team last year hung in there with Duke until the last few minutes, surely this team can at least match that.

Bowser

Don't know if this has been posted, but the feeling around UNC is that PJ is done for the year and won't be wearing a UNC jersey ever again. Supposedly will be announced this week.

Don't want to start posting every little rumor between now and Friday, but Jahlil Okafor was watching the Bulls-Cavs game last night in Chicago with the entire Duke team.

Take from that what you will.

Don't know if this has been posted, but the feeling around UNC is that PJ is done for the year and won't be wearing a UNC jersey ever again. Supposedly will be announced this week.

I've heard that too.

Also, they're expecting up to 100 NBA scouts in the building tonight for the Champions' Classic. Pretty much every team is sending 3-5 guys.

bachikarn

Go gators

Too bad we are likely to lose to Wisconsin because like half our team is either suspended or recovering from injuries. We should be be worthy of our ranking by at least the beginning of next year.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!

Same for McDonald too? The whole thing is just dumb at this point. UNC just needs to cut ties and move on. I'm really surprised after the whole football thing and fake classes they would even tolerate anymore bullshit. And I don't think they will be as bad without PJ as previously thought.

Bowser

Same for McDonald too? The whole thing is just dumb at this point. UNC just needs to cut ties and move on. I'm really surprised after the whole football thing and fake classes they would even tolerate anymore bullshit. And I don't think they will be as bad without PJ as previously thought.

I think McDonald is thought to have a long suspension (15+ games?), but honestly, I hope he gets sent packing as well. He's a guy that:

*Has had trouble academically (documented)
*Allegedly has taken impermissible benefits
*According to some plugged in on IC, is apparently not a good teammate
*Has never shot above 40% FG in his career

I think he's literally one of the worst to ever don a Carolina jersey, and that's saying something.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I think McDonald is thought to have a long suspension (15+ games?), but honestly, I hope he gets sent packing as well. He's a guy that:

*Has had trouble academically (documented)
*Allegedly has taken impermissible benefits
*According to some plugged in on IC, is apparently not a good teammate
*Has never shot above 40% FG in his career

I think he's literally one of the worst to ever don a Carolina jersey, and that's saying something.

He's not good, and I'm surprised he never transferred as he's been recruited over several times. Britt and Meeks look pretty good as do the players from last year. You' probably still finish top 3 or 4 in the ACC

Word is the package deal is on but its for Duke.

KU will no doubt make a last minute plea for the "backup" plan Cliff, but I don't know if they can considering this week is a dead period for contact.

Really hope we get Cliff. He literally is the one spot we are weak at going into next year.

Calipari: Playing against MSU "not fair" to his young team

“The issue becomes playing teams (like Michigan State) this early is not fair for my team,” Calipari said Thursday. “It may be fair for everybody else. But it’s no fair for my team.”

Kentucky has become known primarily as the place for so-called one-and-done players. Calipari proclaimed the 2010 NBA draft, when four UK freshmen were picked in the first round, the greatest day in the program’s history.

As a marketing tool, it was hard to argue. One-and-done players such as former Detroit Piston Brandon Knight, Anthony Davis, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Marquis Teague, Nerlens Noel and Archie Goodwin flowed out of Kentucky. Prospects repeatedly cite that fast track to the NBA as Kentucky’s appeal.

“Our program is not traditional,” said Calipari, who also noted that his UK players achieve in the classroom and stay connected to the UK community despite living here less than a year.

“It’s just not traditional in the sense everybody stays four years,” he said. “So it’s not fair when we walk in and everybody else is more experienced.”

tatum_channing_laughing_hysterically-1508.gif

He could not have said that. I refuse to believe those words came out of his mouth. That has to be a misquote. Cal cannot be that bitchmade.

They talked about that quote yesterday on PTI. Wilbon assumed he was joking. Kornheiser said it comes with the territory of recruiting 20 one-and-dones every year. But if he's serious, why is he trying to put together another Champions Classic?

Coach Cal: Just shut up.

Fjordson

Calipari: Playing against MSU "not fair" to his young team

tatum_channing_laughing_hysterically-1508.gif

He could not have said that. I refuse to believe those words came out of his mouth. That has to be a misquote. Cal cannot be that bitchmade.
He wasn't being serious. It was partially in response to Izzo joking about reporters asking him if he's studied Kentucky and seen them. He said there wasn't anything to study because he'd have to go back to their high school games.

Then Cal joked saying that and Izzo said after "well, if it's not fair, you guys should forfeit so I can relax and go shopping in Chicago" and Calipari texted him saying "we officially forfeit, so you can go shopping now".

Mark Seidel @MarkSeidelWFNZ
Looking more and more like PJ Hairston won't return to the UNC team this year. Has not been honest with Roy about how often he used rentals.

Lying to Roy? PJ dun fucked up.

Indiana already showing how overrated they are.

Can someone plz tell me how they are ranked when they lost pretty much the entire team from last year?

W1SSY

Indiana already showing how overrated they are.

Can someone plz tell me how they are ranked when they lost pretty much the entire team from last year?

The people that do the rankings are idiots. We are so young and maybe at the end of the season will have something but we have a way to go.

Top Bottom