• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-2014 NCAA Men's Basketball |OT|

Wow. Every bounce going MSU's way.
Kentucky looks more like a collection of HS all stars than a basketball team at this point. They'll get it sorted out and be one of the best teams in the country by March, but them being #1 right now is just hype.

So what I'm saying is that those bounces aren't accidents!

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Yeah, our offense is just not ready for their defense apparently. So many strip steals, terrible spacing. Not pretty.

They are crashing the boards nicely but getting beat off the dribble in a way I didn't expect. Have to remember, this game doesn't matter for shit. I have to remeber that myself.:(

Seth C

We suck tonight but damn, I've rarely seen so many uncalled moving screens. It's hard for them to show a replay without showcasing one.

Oh yeah, and our defense blows and we have missed 10,000 front ends of a 1 and 1. Not that we should still be shooting 1 and 1s if the "new rules" were being applied. But whatever.

Fjordson

Only down 12 after that garbage 20 minutes. I'll take it.

We'll lose by 20 if we don't get better spacing on offense, though.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
???

It's Izzo's MO. Always and forever.

I've always remembered them as a very good defensive team, but not a running team. Granted when I usually watch Sparty, they are jobbing to Duke or UNC. Duke is normally vulnerable to up tempo so I guess thats why I'm surprised.

I've always remembered them as a very good defensive team, but not a running team. Granted when I usually watch Sparty, they are jobbing to Duke or UNC. Duke is normally vulnerable to up tempo so I guess thats why I'm surprised.
That's the talent difference. You picked two out of the four teams in CBB that are consistently better than everyone else at every position. Not surprising Sparty looks a little different when they're outmanned!

Izzo's teams love to run. They fast break off opponent's made baskets. Helps them with the other thing they love to do (rebounding), because normal teams have to be wary about giving up easy buckets all game.

Seth C

Nah, I think you're right. They tend to average about 70 points per game or less. Doesn't exactly scream fast pace offense. Last season they were 80th for field goal attempts per game. 37th the previous season, and 80th the one before.

I'm glad they're having these big college games early but I'm really sick of neutral court shit.

Takes the soul out of what makes college hoops great. Home and home or bust.

Nah, I think you're right. They tend to average about 70 points per game or less. Doesn't exactly scream fast pace offense. Last season they were 80th for field goal attempts per game. 37th the previous season, and 80th the one before.
Reminder: they play 18+ games a year in the B1G.

Silkworm

Cheer up UK fans, Vandy is struggling at home against Georgia State :p Also I'm afraid of the outcome for the UF vs Wisconsin game. I'm hoping UF wins but I'm not very confident at all in this matchup with a depleted roster and the game being on the road for UF. Maybe Tennessee will win tonight? Don't want a 0-6 SEC result today. :-\

W1SSY

I'm glad they're having these big college games early but I'm really sick of neutral court shit.

Takes the soul out of what makes college hoops great. Home and home or bust.

I completely agree with this. Neutral court games lack the energy of home games.

Come on Cats. Win or lose tonight we are going to be in the Final Four.

Great showing of heart and energy for us. Eliminate those turnovers and that bad foul shooting then there will be no way we can't compete with the elite teams.

I hope the rest of you are scared.

cashman

Banned
It seems like just yesterday UT was a Big 12 contender every year. WTF happened?

Barnes stopped being an elite recruiter and started driving away a ton of players. The top 4 scorers from last year all gone, only one player remains from the 2011 class of which nobody is currently on an nba roster.

Top Bottom