• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-2014 NCAA Men's Basketball |OT|

Servbot24

Banned
At this point in Iowa's season I feel a little disappointed, even though before the season started I was simply hoping for a top 4 B10 finish and an NCAA berth. Looks like we'll get both of those, yet being so close to something greater (overtime losses to MSU, Nova, couple other close ones) is so torturous. :(

That said I still expect to beat Mich and Wisc at home. @ MSU is the only game I have already chalked up as a loss. If it plays out that way we should at least be top 15 at the end of the year which would be another incredible step for Fran.

inm8num2

It's so much more enjoyable to listen to Dakich when he's not calling your favorite team's game. You can laugh at his stupidity rather than being put off by it.

The guy is a total clown.

The Big Ten is going nuts. Current standings:

Michigan...8-0
Mich. St....8-1
Iowa..........5-3
Wisconsin.4-4
Minnesota..4-4
N'western...4-5
Ohio St......3-5
Indiana.......3-5
Purdue.......3-5
Nebraska....3-5
Illinois........2-6
Penn St.....2-6

I'd say any of the 3-5 teams and up have a chance to make the tournament. Nebraska will probably make the tournament. Wouldn't be shocked to see them win a game in the NCAA's either. Illinois could be a good team if they gave the ball to their big man more rather than chucking up 3's.

inm8num2

Michigan may lose just one more game the rest of the way. They're playing like their preseason ranking, even without McGary.

It'd be nice for OSU and Wisconsin to be doing better, to help other teams' RPI rankings. Not a huge deal though.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
. Illinois could be a good team if they gave the ball to their big man more rather than chucking up 3's.

Egwu? He's one of the biggest offenders of chucking up 3's and not someone I'd want to be running my offense through since he only has one post move. If I'm Groce I'm playing the Freshmen as much as possible.

Servbot24

Banned
Top 2 are pretty much set imo. Most of Iowa's remaining big games are at home so they should end up 3. Wiscy will get it together I think and finish at 4. The rest I have no idea.

Silkworm

Wow, Brown is keeping Missouri in it. There's still a chance though UK has really been playing inspired all game.

Edit: Randle to the rescue ;-)

Fjordson

I'll take it. Some amazing offensive performances from the twins and Randle.

Our perimeter D looks so suspect sometimes, though. Goddamn.

inm8num2

NW is going to dance this year. They had a rough non conference but if they finish above .500 and get a win in the conference tourney, they might be a solid bubble pick.

And if they do dance, Bill Carmody is going to pull all his hair out.

Gophers need Andre Hollins back. Every second Maverick Ahamnisi is on the court is a second the game is 4 on 5. McNeil isn't much better but at least he'll make a shot every now and then. Gophers better start winning...Richmond and FSU are their only 2 good non-conf. wins. They gotta finish above .500 in Big Ten play and get at least one decent road victory(OSU, Wisc, Mich). If we lose all 3 of those games we're in deep shit.

Silkworm

I'm always amused when the crowd counts the shot clock down wrong in order to screw up the opposing team.
Yeah, it worked well in the UF-Texas A&M game in one possession. They were shouting a longer clock time and Texas A&M failed to take a shot before the shot clock expired due to it.

Texas has played well this first half. If they keep it up and win this game, I definitely think Texas will finally make the NCAA tourney barring a classic Rick Barnes collapse

Top Bottom