• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-2014 NCAA Men's Basketball |OT|

I'm not terribly salty over it, so if I sound like it, that's not my intention.

We play them again and the rest of our schedule is pretty favorable from here on out. It was a great game and I give full credit to Syracuse for making the adjustments when we were forced to go small and holding their poise at the end of OT to get the W. You just hate to see the refs have such a large impact on the game. Maybe it's karma for the 707070707 times we've homered people in Cameron.

On the plus side, Amile's looking like he'll be a huge contributor going forward and I think Sheed is permanently out of the funk, dude's got ice water in his veins. Also loved the grit and determination the team played with, even when they were short-handed. That's the effort that was missing against Vermont and Arizona and Kansas and Clemson and they'll need to bring that every game from here on out.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I'm not terribly salty over it, so if I sound like it, that's not my intention.

We play them again and the rest of our schedule is pretty favorable from here on out. It was a great game and I give full credit to Syracuse for making the adjustments when we were forced to go small and holding their poise at the end of OT to get the W. You just hate to see the refs have such a large impact on the game. Maybe it's karma for the 707070707 times we've homered people in Cameron.

On the plus side, Amile's looking like he'll be a huge contributor going forward and I think Sheed is permanently out of the funk, dude's got ice water in his veins. Also loved the grit and determination the team played with, even when they were short-handed. That's the effort that was missing against Vermont and Arizona and Kansas and Clemson and they'll need to bring that every game from here on out.

I think K has a a good rotation going on right now. Jones and MP3 didn't quite get the work they have been lately, but all in all I like where the team is headed. This is a better place than the Vermont "win"

Servbot24

Banned
iowaflag.gif
iowaflag.gif
iowaflag.gif

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member

Ok I'm done for the night. Incredibly entertaining game and I no longer have any doubts about this team. I wonder how the voters will treat us on Monday?

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Ok I'm done for the night. Incredibly entertaining game and I no longer have any doubts about this team. I wonder how the voters will treat us on Monday?

According to Jay Bilas, that was all ball. Please stop letting that turncoat call our games.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
According to Jay Bilas, that was all ball. Please stop letting that turncoat call our games.

The more I think about it, watch replays, etc the less angry I am about that call actually. I've transitioned my salt to Jabari's final foul. I think that had a bigger effect on the game (could've been 2 pts + a FT but turned into him fouling out and a TO).

^

Laura Keeley ‏@laurakeeley 9m
K on the Hood dunk: " Rodney made a heck of a play. A big-time play. The operation was a success but it didn’t end up exactly well."

Not exactly well, at all.

I think voters will probably hold Duke steady or move them up. There's no shame in going to Pittsburgh and getting a solid victory and then taking Syracuse to OT at the dome. Not exactly into moral victories, and this isn't one, but Duke is looking more like a top 10 team now than at any point earlier in the season.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
It's pretty clear that Illinois need to go young. Abrams, Rice, Ekey, and Egwu are not the answer and they never will be.

They also need to get Tate on the Caris Levert workout regiment.

Thorpe

Yup, I'm actually ok with Duke being out of top 10 right now. Ever since Coach K started swapping the lineup, the chemistry + talent has done better compared to the start of the season. Even with this loss, they'll still be top 25 in polls come Monday.

Great game either way! Duke did good with what they had left near the end game. I wish the last 5 seconds was executed well, but that's life.

clav

NW is going to dance this year. They had a rough non conference but if they finish above .500 and get a win in the conference tourney, they might be a solid bubble pick.

And if they do dance, Bill Carmody is going to pull all his hair out.

Watch. The NCAA committee sees that Northwestern lost to DePaul and won't invite NU to the dance.

What an unbelievable season.

Northwestern is 12-11. They're barely looking good for the NIT, they're not making the big dance unless they really tear up the Big Ten in the second half of the schedule. Even finishing the year 6-2 (with the losses being at Ohio State and at Michigan State), they will only be 18-13, which would probably put them solidly on the bubble. Anything short of that and it's curtains.

I want Chris Collins to do well, but this isn't the year.

Fjordson

I didn't get to see the ending of the Duke / Syracuse game live, but damn that was a bizarre no-call on Hood's dunk. Also, Jabari's 6th foul was bogus.

I'm sure there were bad calls on both ends, just cherry picking from these Sportscenter highlights. Hell of a game though.

Talon

Watch. The NCAA committee sees that Northwestern lost to DePaul and won't invite NU to the dance.

What an unbelievable season.
Hilarious that the non-conference garbo schedule will do them in.

In reality, we all know that Northwestern will lose the next 5 B1G games.
I didn't get to see the ending of the Duke / Syracuse game live, but damn that was a bizarre no-call on Hood's dunk. Also, Jabari's 6th foul was bogus.

I'm sure there were bad calls on both ends, just cherry picking from these Sportscenter highlights. Hell of a game though.
6 fouls, eh?

jakncoke

Banned
Northwestern is 12-11. They're barely looking good for the NIT, they're not making the big dance unless they really tear up the Big Ten in the second half of the schedule. Even finishing the year 6-2 (with the losses being at Ohio State and at Michigan State), they will only be 18-13, which would probably put them solidly on the bubble. Anything short of that and it's curtains.

I want Chris Collins to do well, but this isn't the year.

I know it must be rough being a northwestern fan but tourney this year is basically pipe dreams.

Before today they were #92 RPI
They are now
2-8 vs. top 50
4-9 vs top 100

Thats a resume thats needs a lot of work.

Would be neat to finally see them play though

Speaking of resumes, Pittsburgh needs a win tomorrow in the worst way.

Upset alert for Arizona again, tied 58-58 with Cal and less than 30 seconds to go.

At this point, I could easily see Syracuse leapfrogging them to 1, even if Zona pulls out the win.

Big win today for my alma mater, Syracuse. I'm excited for this rivalry even though I've always been a fan of being in the Big East.

Great game Duke fans and we look forward to the next one at Cameron!

Cuse #1 come Monday!

Fjordson

Decent number of top teams going down this week. UK could have cracked the top 10 on Monday if we hadn't embarrassed ourselves at LSU.

Congrats Cyan and Cornballer! Your roundball team dethroned #1!
I was at the game tonight. Lots of fun aside from the embarrassment of the students rushing the court too early. Great to get the win against Arizona and hopefully this puts Cal back on track after a string of bad losses.

rcaeBqH.jpg

So I watched the Duke-Cuse game yesterday...

Parker is probably going to go in the top 5 if he declares.

Ennis controls the ball pretty well and I think he could be lottery material.

Grant may be late lottery and I think Fair will be a second round pick.

So I watched the Duke-Cuse game yesterday...

Parker is probably going to go in the top 5 if he declares.

Ennis controls the ball pretty well and I think he could be lottery material.

Grant may be late lottery and I think Fair will be a second round pick.

jabari has been terrible to average in conference play and has looked especially vulnerable against anyone with an nba-spec body, worried that he'll be tobias harris+ in the nba.

i like ennis but his athleticism is pretty lacking plus he plays for syracuse so his defense is probably a lie

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
jabari has been terrible to average in conference play and has looked especially vulnerable against anyone with an nba-spec body, worried that he'll be tobias harris+ in the nba.

i like ennis but his athleticism is pretty lacking plus he plays for syracuse so his defense is probably a lie

He's actually improved his overall play since the Clemson loss, but he still takes really awful long jumpers rather than work to get inside, especially in the 2nd half.

His on again off again play is again generating rumors that he's coming back for another year. Not necessarily buying it, but if he did, he's got a lot of things to improve.

At the same time, kids need to see how broken Austin Rivers game was beyond his first step and he didn't do himself any favors leaving early, but it is what it is.

jakncoke

Banned
Lets go Pitt, need this win

virg getting all their offensive rebounds ffs 5 already

ffs this is pissing me offf. GET A REBOUND YOU BUMS

thefro

Tom Crean doesn't fucking understand substitutions at all... he puts in at once 7 minutes in (when we have a lead 10-7 against Michigan and are playing well).

- Hanner Perea (can't do much more than dunk & rebound)
- Jeff Howard (walk-on who can't shoot)
- Jonny Marlin (walk-on who hasn't shown he can score at this level)
- Austin Etherington (role player)

What a dumbass.

Top Bottom